It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Protest Watch 2016

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I want to protest the way this guy pronounces plaza.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Trucker on the phone now. LOL! Of course he gave a shout out to also being a recording artist. LMAO! It IS Atlanta. Everybody gots a c.d.
edit on 7/8/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

It's Suthern.

Now they have the trucker on the phone. This is silly. Trucker's a rapper.

a reply to: kosmicjack

LOL we were typing at the same time!

He enjoyed it.
edit on 7/8/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Unity and Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Just please stay away from my shrine-The Varsity! Only place worth visiting in Atlanta anymore. Glad I'm twenty miles away and sleeping thru most of this mess.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
www.wsbtv.com...

ATLANTA —

Another protest is being organized in Atlanta on Monday night, but instead of a downtown rally, protesters plan to converge on the Buckhead community.

Atlanta police and Mayor Kasim Reed held a news conference Monday morning to discuss plans for the event as well as the marches and protests over the weekend.

Police officers have worked 6,000 hours so far, according to estimates.

The mayor didn't have a dollar figure for tax money spent on extra police patrols, but said he is working to figure that out.

Reed said officers are exhausted, but they will continue working 12-hour shifts as long as the protests last.

Video at link. Mayor is considering a curfew and calling in National Guard to spell LEO. As of tonight, all park closing hours will be strictly enforced.

There is a massive 24/7 police presence in the downtown area to prevent disruption of traffic on interstates or sides streets.

I don't think NG should be called in. If it's not needed in Dallas, why ATL? The mayor has done an excellent job so far, I think he needs to consider the next steps carefully.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The National Guard is a huge step. I hope nobody gets shot.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Ha...you beat me to it. I just saw part of the report.

NG is a big step. So's the curfew.

Which one was annoyed at them protesting things that happened elsewhere, the mayor or police chief? I only heard that part....
edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well, even the other night, the Mayor was parsing his words very carefully. Saying "This is this generation's movement," And that he understood it and respected it and it was his job to facilitate their protest as long as it was peaceful...but, the implication being, that he may not agree with it.

edit on 7/11/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Frankly? I think he's just very worried about this going sideways. If it did, in Atlanta of all places, the home of MLK, with our demographics, it could spark a huge explosion. I think he's under a LOT of pressure from all directions.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Definitely. All the civic leaders have been saying the same thing all over TV = MLK. MLK. MLK.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join