It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy official threatening people with his firearm.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: gladtobehere

If anyone is curious, I found Karnig Ohannessian's profile on Naval website, pretty interesting nonetheless. Worthless coward..

www.secnav.navy.mil...

So what exactly about the guys profile lead you to the conclusion he's a worthless coward?

Pulling a gun on a unarmed person is what cowards do.

No if he had just made it clear he had a gun that was fine.

Put pulling and pointing it at a unarmed person who is not attacking you shows me this guy is a high strung paranoid coward.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GreatWay

Clearly you can see the kid wasn't holding a gun. Whatever happened before hand, the guy still had time to go into his house and retrieve a handgun. Instead of making a situation worse, instead of retrieving a handgun from the house, he should have just called the police!

There is a double standard being played out across this country. I'm sure once the police got wind that this guy was a navy official, all stops were pulled to let him off. If this guy was a factory worker, the guy would have been arrested - end of story!

edit on 7-7-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If anyone is curious, I found Karnig Ohannessian's profile on Naval website, pretty interesting nonetheless. Worthless coward..

www.secnav.navy.mil...

So what exactly about the guys profile lead you to the conclusion he's a worthless coward?

Put pulling and pointing it at a unarmed person who is not attacking you shows me this guy is a high strung paranoid coward.

Maybe you are right.
Or maybe several drunk teenagers threatened a middle aged man.
I noticed they didn't bother recording the confrontation until he had the advantage.
I prefer to save judgement until I hear the whole story.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You know, although it is clear that we do not know what went on off camera, it is pretty clear that there is no justification for this mans behaviour.

The reason I say that, is that three unarmed individuals, not on ones actual property or committing any criminal offences, or threatening life in any way, should never find themselves staring down the barrel of a pistol, either wielded in official capacity, by an officer of the law, or in the hands of a private citizen. He had no right, or legal standing to move those people on, leave alone try to do so using a threat of deadly force.

He clearly has no knife wounds, broken limbs, and his wife is trying to stop him getting into it. There was no threat worth the level of response. Frankly, the pansy should have either shut his damned mouth and stopped trying to be the standards committee for his street, or manned up and dealt with things with his fists.

I have always said that there is no larger wuss than the sort who points a gun at an unarmed person. He probably let his position and job title get to his head, and the capacity to do that, probably renders him unfit for service.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Retreating into your house and retrieving a gun doesn't qualify as standing your ground.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

www.secnav.navy.mil...

Maybe you are right.
Or maybe several drunk teenagers threatened a middle aged man.
I noticed they didn't bother recording the confrontation until he had the advantage.
I prefer to save judgement until I hear the whole story.

O there was nothing wrong in making it clear he was armed.

Its drawing and pointing I object to.

With the gun saftey I have been taught (albit hunting rifles) you dont point it at a object unless you plan to shot it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Even if they did threaten him, he was able to go into his home and retrieve his firearm without issue so I would argue that his life was not in imminent danger.

If he was that fearful, the lawful thing to do would be to take shelter in his home with his firearm and call the police.

a reply to: crazyewok

You cant lawfully do that.

You cannot draw your weapon unless you feel that you have no other choice but to use deadly force for self defense.

You cant even inadvertently disclose that youre carrying a concealed firearm, its called "printing".

This guy was blatantly pointing it at people and threatening them.

He should be charged with multiple felonies.

edit on 7-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I want to see the video of what happened before he pulled his gun.

No matter when the video starts I see this comment.

Humor me ok? What in your opinion could have happened before this particular video started would have justified a man retrieving a gun from his house and aiming it threateningly at unarmed people on public property while his wife stands between them and talks him down?

Can we not infer and reverse extrapolate based on reality that we do see?
We're not starting from nothing right?
We're starting from a moment in reality and working backward, and we're using our vast life experience and knowledge and ability to reason to piece things together.

Do you follow?

Think of it like a game. Like you're pretending to be an FBI profiler. Do you think FBI profilers would refuse to make any inferences from watching a video, and just dismiss it as not enough data to discern anything?

Probably not right?

Ok, now be like an FBI profiler and give me a reasonable justification for why a man would be in the right to do what is displayed on this, or frankly any other video you see.

If you can do that,fine, maybe we should stop judging.

But if there is simply no reasonable excuse for an observed behavior, it's kinda #in obtuse to pretend like we need a video tape starting from the moment of conception on all parties before we can come to any conclusions whatsoever.
edit on 8-7-2016 by Chris4943 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join