It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy official threatening people with his firearm.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Military personnel do not conduct themselves under the same set of rules as civilians are under.

You can cry "no fair" all you please, but it has almost always been that way.

....Squeamish little civilians....

That would be the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military justice), and the penalties are frequently much harsher than those you enforce upon one another with your incessant whining and petty suits and complaints about just about every single little thing that happens that you civvies don't like.

Awwwwwww (upward inflection) .

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
And what's even better?

In today's partisan, absolutist, black & white world?

Even video evidence doesn't mean anything. If there was no video evidence people would ask for it. When there is video evidence, people dismiss it saying its not the "whole story" or something.

If you're an ardent 2nd Amendment supporter, no video evidence could convince you of someone behaving badly with a weapon ...unfortunately. It's either you're 150% on board and support everything, or you're not a real supporter.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I want to see the video of what happened before he pulled his gun.

There isn't one, at least not by the video maker filming here, he started when the guy pulled the gun...it says that in the linked report.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I bet he was drunk. Good bye CCW.....

Going viral....Navy will lower the boom on that dumb SOB to make an example of him.
edit on 7-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Looks like he'll make a fine police officer someday.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Military personnel do not conduct themselves under the same set of rules as civilians are under.

True... but in my experience in a military family, they conducted themselves to a HIGHER standard than most civilians.

You can cry "no fair" all you please...

Yes, I sure can... and I will cry far more than just "no fair."

...but it has almost always been that way.

No, it hasn't.

...Jack boot thugs on steroids...

That would be the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military justice), and the penalties are frequently much harsher than those you enforce upon one another with your incessant whining and petty suits and complaints about just about every single little thing that happens that you civvies don't like.

That's the best you got? Just call everyone names that dares to call out the big bad bully with the gun threatening to kill some unarmed kids on the sidewalk in broad daylight because -- gasp! -- they were making too much noise? Are we living in Wonderland now? ALL ways are HIS ways? Oooooh... what a badass. Talk about whining and pettiness and complaints about just about every single little thing that happens -- pot meet kettle!!!

Awwwwwww (upward inflection) .

Yeah, I've got an upward inflection too...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
MyHappyDogShiner You are an idiot if you really believe that. That man committed a felony period. I can't believe those kids didn't call the police. Besides if that A$$hole had a genuine complaint with some kids hanging out amd being obnoxious he should have called the police to complain not go out there and start waving a gun around. He should be fined atleast if not removed from his governmental position.
edit on 7-7-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodstream7

That might depend on your skin tone.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And what's even better?

In today's partisan, absolutist, black & white world?

Even video evidence doesn't mean anything. If there was no video evidence people would ask for it. When there is video evidence, people dismiss it saying its not the "whole story" or something. I am an ardent defender of the 2Ammendement and that guy should be in some serious hot water for what he did. You never point a loaded firearm at someone unless you are in fear for your life. So there goes your blanket statement.

If you're an ardent 2nd Amendment supporter, no video evidence could convince you of someone behaving badly with a weapon ...unfortunately. It's either you're 150% on board and support everything, or you're not a real supporter.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yup, right after he is evicted from the navy.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What a class act guy, i wish more people would act like that, sure would make for a better world.

Fyi behing sarcastic here

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreatWay

originally posted by: gladtobehere
There is nothing in this video that is legal.

It's ironic, really, that viewers watch a clip or small duration/piece of an incident and it's always law enforcement's, or the like's, fault. You don't know why a well trained Naval Officer drew his firearm. You don't even know the whole story whatsoever. Yet here you are spouting anti-police propaganda and not denying ignorance.

Anti-police propoganda? You folks get more ludicrous by the day.

I'd like to walk up to you on a public sidewalk and scream in your face that "I WILL SHOOT THE # OUT OF YOU," and sit around and watch you say the same # you said above and defend my actions.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Nice to know there's someone that despises the very people he's supposed to be protecting.
Than you for your service/sarc.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I have not read one person talk about how the kids who drove away should be investigated for DUI. They were drunk. They could have killed people on the way home.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

You can cry "no fair" all you please, but it has almost always been that way.

He's not military. He's a civilian. He's not covered under the UCMJ. He's not an "officer," he's an "official" who works FOR the military.

Yet another example of ATS denying ignorance.
edit on 7/7/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I have not read one person talk about how the kids who drove away should be investigated for DUI. They were drunk. They could have killed people on the way home.

Isn't that what that dumb sob should have done rather than pull out his piece and threaten people? Instead he just ended his career with the DOD. His grief is just beginning with that stupid stunt.

It's that kind of stupidity that gives the anti gun crowd ammunition.
edit on 7-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have an incident like this happen a few years back. A neighbor hates when people would pull up on his lawn. A nice older gentlemen from Jamaica. Some kids were having a football party a few houses down and when they left they were being loud. He came out and asked them not to park there anymore. Told him they had been asked before. I walked out just as this happened....What did they do...

"F4&%^ you old man. We'll park where we want" and hit his mailbox. Told him to get back inside if he knew whats good for him.

Now, it this a threat? They are in his yard. They are confronting him. He goes back inside.

He came out with his GLOCK 19. Kept it at his side. Walked out and then asked them again to leave. Told them he did not feel comfortable. At this time someone pulls out a phone and starts yelling he has a gun. Suddenly all the attitudes changed and the kids become little bitches. By this time i had called 911 and the cops are pulling up. Great response times. Kids started to blame the old man. Too bad I saw and heard it all. Otherwise, I am sure they would have believed the kids and arrested him.

Sometimes it is for protection. Who knows what those kids had in the car. A kid does not need to look like a 'thug' to carry. In this case, he should never have pointed his weapon. He should have walked out, called the cops and the kids would have been arrested for DUI or DD.

No need to make this a federal case, I mean, it is not like he deleted 30000 emails or anything.....
edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-07T12:34:52-05:001252 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-07T12:36:56-05:001256 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ok so the guys is not in the military. So what we have is your standard drunk civilians and a gun. Happens all the time. He says they threatened him, they say he threatened him. Virginia is a "stand your ground" law state. So, pretty much nothing the cops can do.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Not true,
We can over react before knowing the whole story.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: FamCore

That or they threatened to kick his butt.
I prefer to hear the whole story.

if he got the gun because he was threatened, im pretty sure he would immediately make sure he says it on camera when he realized he was being recorded; to de incriminate himself immediately. but he said.. 'i can shoot the fk outa you guys' hehehe. as if he has the right to or something, he seemed too confident that he would 'get away' with this. and it looks like he's getting the help from the his old cronies and higher ups as no charges brought up.

va is a stand your ground state- but your grounds have to be justified. at least trespass on your property
edit on 7-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join