It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy official threatening people with his firearm.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There is nothing in this video that is legal.

The narrator says that he is "brandishing" his firearm. He is not simply brandishing his firearm, he is using it in a threatening manner.

However, simply BRANDISHING your firearm is a crime.

You are only permitted to draw your firearm when you believe that your life is in immediate danger, thats it.

It is the responsibility of the CCW holder (assuming he even has one) to disengage and de-escalate.

The millennial beatniks should have called the police right then and there: "hello 9-1-1, theres a man threatening us with a gun".

Apparently Karnig Ohannessian was questioned by the police but that was the extent of it.

Navy official caught on camera threatening young men with a gun.

According to one of the young men in the video, they were at a friend’s house for a barbeque in Burke, Virginia when the incident occurred on June 11.

One of the men told WUSA9 that Ohannessian began yelling at them for being noisy and parking on the street outside of his home.

They say Ohannessian attacked them, they argued back, and Ohannessian went inside and retrieved a gun.

That’s when one of the young men pulled out their phone and started to recording.

In the video, Ohannessian can be heard accusing the three of being drunk. He orders them to leave the area, as one woman, believed to be his wife – tries to calm the situation.

This double standard BS has to stop.

If the majority of people did what hes doing in this video, they would be arrested and charged with a felony.

And now the Navy is "investigating". Thats reassuring...

edit on 7-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: title

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Maybe we should all go around brandishing and threatening others [who piss us off] with a firearm, looks like it's perfectly OK, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
There is nothing in this video that is legal.

It's ironic, really, that viewers watch a clip or small duration/piece of an incident and it's always law enforcement's, or the like's, fault. You don't know why a well trained Naval Officer drew his firearm. You don't even know the whole story whatsoever. Yet here you are spouting anti-police propaganda and not denying ignorance.

edit on 7-7-2016 by GreatWay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I want to see the video of what happened before he pulled his gun.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I bet someone beat him in "Words with Friends" and he got PISSED

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GreatWay

It's ironic, really, that viewers watch a clip or small duration/piece of an incident and it's always law enforcement's, or the like's, fault. You don't know why a well trained Naval Officer drew his firearm. You don't even know the whole story whatsoever. Yet here you are spouting anti-police propaganda and not denying ignorance.

Actually, he's standing on a sidewalk, threatening unarmed civilians with a firearm.

That is a sidewalk he's standing on, isn't it?

To the thread, love in the beginning his wife can be heard in the background telling her husband to "get in the house". She knows how temperamental he can be. In the next shot she is standing between them and her hubby, blocking his line of fire.

Edit: Right at the end she pushes the gun aside...

edit on 7-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

link   
a reply to: FamCore

That or they threatened to kick his butt.
I prefer to hear the whole story.

link   
a reply to: GreatWay

Hello Mr. Ohannessian, welcome to ATS.

Actually, I'm watching a man using his firearm in a threatening way towards what seem to be relatively harmless unarmed individuals.

This is illegal on every level.

"My property, my property". No, actually, youre on a public sidewalk.

"I can shoot the f*** out of you guys right now". This man should probably not be allowed to roam freely.

Even without seeing what lead up to an event, a person can form an impression about an incident or encounter.

"Youre pointing a gun at my friend, which is a criminal offense, so please stop it". This kid should be given Ohannessian's job and Ohannessian should be incarcerated.

Theres nothing in this video to suggest that he was justified in threatening these guys with deadly force.

edit on 7-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

So what happened there before what we see in this clip?

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 07 Jul 2016 10:35:13 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: typo

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

The news reporter stated, he was confronting some people outside his house that were drinking and loud.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The news reporter stated, he was confronting some people outside his house that were drinking and loud.

yes i saw that. It is not a lot to go by.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

How can you talk about another poster's bias when yours is so blatant?

Nobody but the folks involved knows what transpired before he drew his weapon.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If anyone is curious, I found Karnig Ohannessian's profile on Naval website, pretty interesting nonetheless. Worthless coward..

www.secnav.navy.mil...

More info on the guy:

www.secnav.navy.mil...

LinkedIn Professional Profile:

www.linkedin.com...
edit on 7-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If this video is what it appears, a guy threatening others with a hand gun, then this degrades the overwhelming numbers of concealed weapon holders out there who are level headed and don't want ANY trouble but are prepared.

I shutter to think when this guy will meet someone who will pull it and put 1 in his head and 2 in his chest when he makes idle threats. You pull it use it. And this will happen due to the fact that it appears that he got away with a serious crime maybe due to his rank in the military.

Again if the vid is what it appears.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

If anyone is curious, I found Karnig Ohannessian's profile on Naval website, pretty interesting nonetheless. Worthless coward..

www.secnav.navy.mil...

So what exactly about the guys profile lead you to the conclusion he's a worthless coward?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Interesting, on another US Navy webpage Karnig Ohannessian is the only individual named who doesn't have a link to his "profile", maybe they removed it in wake of this?

greenfleet.dodlive.mil...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Guys? He's not in the Navy. He's not an officer. He's a mid-level under the SecNav. Pretty highly placed DoD guy, but civilian. He's a Pentagon type, though.

And no, I bet the local cops don't have the balls to dick with the guy. And I bet money the 'millennials' get a nice investigation by the FBI and ONI, best hope they are clean for Gene.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

My favorite part:

" I can shoot the F*ck out of you guys right now "

What a prick..
edit on 7-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

yes i saw that. It is not a lot to go by.

Thats why my first post addressed where he was standing. If he had been inside his house and they were threatening him on his porch... maybe.

The sidewalk is a public place, not defensible. He came down out of his house, crossed his lawn and confronted them with a raised firearm. Towards the end he says, I'm on my (property), (steps back onto the lawn) bearing out he knows he's in the wrong, but emotion is controlling his actions, not reason.

Two shout outs for his wife, too.
edit on 7-7-2016 by intrptr because: spelling in ( )

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

He is the recipient of two Department of the Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Awards.

Probably for seeing terror threats under every rock.

Go figure...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join