It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

One of Fox News Channel's top anchors has filed a lawsuit against her former boss, Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, alleging wrongful termination and sexual harassment.

The news came in a bombshell email sent to reporters on Wednesday afternoon by the law firm representing Carlson, the host of “The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson” and former co-host of the morning show "Fox & Friends."

Gretchen Carlson Files Sexual Harassment Suit Against Roger Ailes

Wow, a rare crack in the teflon Fox News Channel covering!

If these alleged complaints are true ... this may be the end of the Ailes Era at Fox.

“[D]uring a meeting last September in which Ms. Carlson complained about ongoing discriminatory and retaliatory treatment, Mr. Ailes stated, "I think you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago and then you’d be good and better and I’d be good and better," adding that "sometimes problems are easier to solve' that way,” according to Carlson’s lawyers. On other occasions, the complaint alleges Ailes asked Carlson to "turn around so he could view her posterior, commented repeatedly about her legs, and instructed her to wear certain outfits that he claimed enhanced her figure.” Ailes also allegedly “directed sexist comments” about Carlson in public and announced to others at a industry event that “he had slept with three former Miss Americas, but not with her.”

Eeesh ... creepy if true, eh?
edit on 6-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Corrected the spelling of Ailes' name.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This could be big.

Fox News' "balance" is in the wind !!!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Somehow I doubt that this will even put a dent in Roger Ailes' throne.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Not surprising--any company like FoxNews who only hires attractive women generally has a creepy, harassing owner at the helm, even if they don't act on their creepiness.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Civil complaint eh.

After getting FIRED what is a person to do with no talent for the business ?

I use to watch her, and was like WHY ?

Anyhoo.

Civil complaints are ALL about the benjamins' people.

She wants a whole lot of it.

IF there was CRIMINAL wrong doing she would have filed in CRIMINAL court.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Considering the charges she's filed against her employer,true or not,will be career suicide for her.Imo.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I was wondering why she hasn't hosted her Fox show in a while. This explains it. No big loss. She was the biggest blond airhead on a network full of blond airheads. They can barely read the teleprompter spewing the Fox propaganda.

ETA: "On other occasions, the complaint alleges Ailes asked Carlson to "turn around so he could view her posterior, commented repeatedly about her legs, and instructed her to wear certain outfits that he claimed enhanced her figure.”

Is this surprising? On all their shows, the Fox 'ho's all where short skirts and show their legs. They also have see through plastic or glass desks so the horny old men who make up the bulk of their viewer demographic can leer. The women talking heads know this going in.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Civil complaint eh.

After getting FIRED what is a person to do with no talent for the business ?

I use to watch her, and was like WHY ?

Anyhoo.

Civil complaints are ALL about the benjamins' people.

She wants a whole lot of it.

IF there was CRIMINAL wrong doing she would have filed in CRIMINAL court.

Sexual harassment is rarely a criminal matter and almost always a civil matter. We're talking wrongful termination and sexual harassment -- NOT sexual assault.

Sexual harassment isn't a crime. There could be conduct that that goes along with harassment that could sometime rise to the level of being criminal, but creating a hostile working environment towards someone based on gender is not in itself a criminal act. Someone could be sued over it for violation of rights, but someone can't be arrested for it.

edit on 7/6/2016 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
LOL ... Gretchen the Fox News anti-gun nutter.

She was always a sheep in wolves clothing. The liberal's out of the bag now.

Ahhhhhahahahaha. Stupid beezatcher.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wow.

I'm not sure what I expected, but ...

So, no one has any concern for Ms. Carlson's well-being?

No hopes that she lands on her feet and finds a great next step in her career?

No concerns that the Chairman and CEO of Fox News may be a sexual predator?

Wow.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So, only the best in their field are entitled to not be creeped out by the boss? Didn't realize that, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ah, did she think she got hired for her brain?

Man, clueless women.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I believe the lady. Sexism is rampant and a part of the American way.

Or part of the Human way

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Wow.

I'm not sure what I expected, but ...

So, no one has any concern for Ms. Carlson's well-being?

Wow.

Gretchen will be fine. She knows the other women that Ailes groped. He will settle out of court for big bucks to keep her quiet. To late however, that can of worms has spilled and Ailes is now a target by the rest of the women he molested.

Remember Bill Cosby?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Wow.

She will land on her back with her ankles behind her ears to get her next job, the same way she got the Fox news gig. You don't think they hired that bimbo for her journalistic skills, do ya?

As for Ailes, she only wishes he thought she was worth harassing. Out of all the woman on Fox, she's got the least appeal. She only filed because she is mad he didn't renew her contract. She'll end up on HLN reading the 15 second newsbites on the hourly headlines.

This is a retaliatory suit for the network’s decision not to renew her contract, which was due to the fact that her disappointingly low ratings were dragging down the afternoon lineup. When Fox News did not commence any negotiations to renew her contract, Ms. Carlson became aware that her career with the network was likely over and conveniently began to pursue a lawsuit.

deadline.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Right, it's all just "some bimbo's disgruntlement" ...

Gretchen Carlsson wasn't the First Roger Ailes Victim

And before you cry about it being HuffPo ...

CNN Money - Fox conducting review of Roger Ailes after Gretchen Carlson sexual harassment lawsuit

In the hours since the lawsuit was announced, "at least ten" other women have contacted the law firm, wanting to speak about Ailes' treatment, according to a spokesman for the firm. Smith emphasized that Carlson is only suing Ailes, not the network, but the lawsuit also describes "sexist" treatment from a fellow Fox host, Steve Doocy. Just before Ailes spoke out, his bosses -- Rupert Murdoch and the two Murdoch sons who run 21st Century Fox -- issued a corporate statement. "The Company has seen the allegations against Mr. Ailes and Mr. Doocy," the statement said. "We take these matters seriously. While we have full confidence in Mr. Ailes and Mr. Doocy, who have served the company brilliantly for over two decades, we have commenced an internal review of the matter."

So ... aside from your blatant and repulsive sexist remarks ... seems that you're also patently mistaken in your analysis.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If he's guilty, he should be punished.

We have some laws in our society that are beneficial. They should be applied fairly and evenly.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It's good that she is speaking out, even at risk to her career.
I expect that she could likely get a job at The View.
Those ladies love this kind of scandal.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I believe the lady. Sexism is rampant and a part of the American way.

Or part of the Human way

Yes it is true, and it is why we all discriminate and hire the pretty woman to be seen on TV broadcasting, and deny the "beauty-challenged" woman a chance to show she can do it too.

What we need is a "vision blind" system, you interview the person behind a screen, and use computer software to mask the voice, so that the only factors that can influence the hiring decision are the textual content of the verbal replies, without all the drama of "look and feel" that we all use to discriminate against or for individuals.

This is why Internet interaction is so great, nobody knows anything about your sex, age, orientation, religion, looks, height, fatness, etc.. unless you tell them. So, there's no discrimination except imaginary ones, when people make assumptions from the content of what you say.

The Internet is truly neutral.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

So ... aside from your blatant and repulsive sexist remarks ... seems that you're also patently mistaken in your analysis.

Mistake? Make no mistake about it, nothing will come of this. She only filed the frivolous lawsuit after Ailes didn't renew her contract because of dismally low ratings. Where was the lawsuit three years ago when she first said it started? She had nothing but praise for Ailes in her book. This was just a retaliatory act on her part. Hope she enjoys her new career as a spokeswoman for a car company on a local cable outlet in Bumblephuck, MO.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join