It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cursed' statue found in Catskills cave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i´m following that week in weird website (formerly called "who forted")for a couple of years and they have some fun&creepy stories.
good for them that they can make money with what they do. if that museum came to Europe or if i could go over there i would visit them and happily pay the ticket.

personally i´d rather watch a life feed of a cursed puppet than a football match.
but thats just me i guess lol

i don not watch paranormal ghost hunter shows on TV but for some reason i like that website and the people that run it seem to be nice.

edit on 8-7-2016 by glowdog because: err

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

Don't watch the live feed...it will feed into your own home, its that strong.

Well, of course, unless you want it it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
FAF

Fake As F...

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Telling people that the things they find interesting and wonderful are stupid and that they are wasting their time with them...

Has given me a unique sense of wonderment, thank you.

Pray tell what things would the expert on what people SHOULD find interesting recommend?

Already told you that, please keep up...

Seriously, if you find a story from the internet with ZERO proof interesting then you knock yourself out, personally I'd rather glimpse at the awe of what I know is REAL out there and enjoy that..

Btw, that sense of wonderment, please, dear oh dear, we Brits love irony but we also like it served with common sense. Its a story on a website with nothing to corroborate it and you find it enough to semi argue about. Come on, show a bit of reality on this, lean too far and you will post that "anything on the Internet is real"...

Its a story on a forum dedicated to such things, be real, people use this place to advertise and get off on posting nonsense...

Be interested like I am but please don't lose the simple logic needed here....If it sounds crap and there's no proof then just maybe it IS crap...Until some arrives then it should stay that way...

If you want to call out people for being too interesting in something you find suspect that's great but insulting them for it is a bit classless in my opinion.

If you also think that the majority of posters here believe this story to be 100% true than perhaps your british pessimsm has done you a disservice.

I find the story interesting nothing more.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Happy Friday ATS

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
It was a good story I'll give them that but then hey, he is a writer! Lol... I mean he doesn't have any reason what-so-ever to make this whole thing up does he? Not like he wants to make money from this... Oh wait... XD

Yeah colour me sceptical, but I did enjoy the read.

I watched the Mysteries at the Museum show last night and they had a story about The Sun newspaper think it was 1800's ran a story of a guy with a really great telescope and he saw flying people etc on the moon.
Well daily the paper showed more drawings and had more animals and plants on the moon, sold a lot of papers.

So eventually a rival paper claimed the Sun's publisher wrote the stories and it was all lies...turned out to be true.

So guess what the readers did, they praised the paper for the great stories and it continued to be Number 1 in the paper business all due to the fact that people enjoy being lied to and actually reward lies.

Personally I would not respond the same I am disgusted by people spreading lies that dilutes the true stuff out there and makes it hard to find.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is certainly an odd story, I vaguely remember hearing something about the hikers a while back but didn't know what happened. I'm skeptical of this sort of thing but... Well, you never know I guess. I've experience some weird stuff in my day.

If anyone is interested, I was actually just lurking on r/paranormal before I found this thread. This is from 2 days ago:
Remember those hikers who found the "Cursed Statue" in the Catskills cave last year? I'm the guy they sent it to, and yeah, it's definitely haunted by something nasty.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When i read this:"I thought he was just #ing with me because I knows I like to watch paranormal shows (he always made fun of me for it"). It tels me that this is hoax or or wierd hysteria. After careful investigation of videos, i think this is hoax with cgi for beginners.
a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Having read into this more, it seems like a very cleverly made up event. The young lads that posted about it initially are probably holding out for a book at the end of this. It is all too obvious and cliche.

Let's be honest, when has anything supernatural happened within our existence. Actual, factual, scientific, hard proof been shown.

I have read into nearly every story imagined and never have I see any proof.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

In the video of the statue, at the link provided, at about 15 or 16 seconds, look to the top right. Full screen works best for this. There looks to be what looks like a white, something that might even be moving, that flashes on the screen, at the top of a picture on their wall! It even leaves a shadow! Look quick as the camera moves closer to the statue, because it is only there for a second or so then it moves off screen. ALso there two other anomalies. One is a white 'orb' that flashes on a picture and the other some white coloring that flashes onto another one of the pictures on their wall. Odd to say the least!
Nice Thread BTW. Thanx for the share... Syx
edit on 9-7-2016 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Having read into this more, it seems like a very cleverly made up event. The young lads that posted about it initially are probably holding out for a book at the end of this. It is all too obvious and cliche.

Let's be honest, when has anything supernatural happened within our existence. Actual, factual, scientific, hard proof been shown.

I have read into nearly every story imagined and never have I see any proof.

The original lads are no where to be found. They supposedly gave it to Greg and Dana 6 months ago or longer, not sure when.. and they are the ones who are doing tests, showing it in their museum, etc. It's either a ploy by them, or if there really were a couple of lads.. then there might be some truth to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Great link! I read the entire article twice and then put it on my FB. Why are old (ghost) women so creepy? S&F for giving me something creepy to read.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Good read. Thanks m8!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Interesting, at any rate. Could it be cursed? Well, I think it could have some entity attached to it, which is about the same thing. Creepy thing, for certain. No weirdness viewing it, though their cookies did slow the browser till deleted. Maybe all a hoax, to garner attention, but who knows? Curious read, at least.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wandering Scribe
a reply to: veracity

I would NOT ever burn it. If there is something attached, it will jump out and into something or someone else. Don't ever burn a haunted heirloom or object.

This is incorrect. One of the oldest anti-witchcraft texts we have, if not THE oldest, is the Assyrio-Babylonian Maqlû Series. The Maqlû Series is a collection of 8 tablets containing nearly 100 spells and rituals for combatting black magic. The term "maqlû" actually means "burning," and the first half of the series (about 4 tablets) contain dozens of spells and rituals involving fire and its usefulness in undoing black magic and punishing witches. These spells and rituals were all supposed to be performed over the course of 48-hours, in a yearly ceremony meant to disrupt the workings of witches and turn their magic back on themselves. So no, contrary to the silly superstition, traditionally, historically, fire has always been one of our greatest allies against the efficacy of black magic and the demons who haunt our world.

~ Wandering Scribe

Now that's quite interesting! My inclination has always been, regarding such a thing, to burn it. Seems to be the go-to method for the nastiest monsters in lore, so fitting for nasty objects as well. Yet so many claim it's a bad idea. Makes you wonder, eh? What if the evil stuff started pushing that idea, for its own protection....?

For the thread in general, the more I consider this, the more I think "hoax". Why? Several factors.

*Finders of the object are anonymous, and totally untraceable - check.

*Man who is claimed to have taken said object was also a skeptic before hand - check.

*Pet involved, who reacts with fear to the object - check.

*Claims of Satanic/occult activity at/near location where object is found - check.

*Story line fits a particular meme in occult/ghost stories; that of a "crone", in this case - check.

*Location object is claimed to have been found can't be located - check.

*Object conveniently comes to the attention of a pair who displays such objects for a living - check.

*Stories told of people reacting badly to it, events after they receive it, and video evidence of supposed movement easily faked - check.

The whole thing looks scripted, frankly. Interesting, sure, but for all we know, made by the current owners, along with the untraceable backstory.

I'd still burn it, though, just o be safe, along with the rest of their creepy collection. Why anyone who claims to believe in such things would live with a lot of them, I can't imagine. That alone ought to raise suspicion!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Huh, kinda looks like one of the Easter Island statues. Not sold on it being anything other than some bored kid's s#s and giggles doll.

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: veracity

very true.

to those of you watching the live feed, have fun with that. I'll just sit back and wait for all the new haunting threads lol

just kidding hopefully~

I'm watching "Billy". Said "Ooggity boogity, you fugly mother effer, come get me." I also may have stuck my tongue out & gone "Ppppbt" at him. We'll see if anything comes of it (nothing will, lol, come on)

Edit: Something else to consider that just screams bogus claim to me -- the haunted hunk of wood's occupant can travel across internet connections and haunt a stream viewer, but a box is what does it in? And apparently it can ship just fine without any hinky malarkey, too. Yeah, this one smells funky, and it's not pond water.
edit on 7/11/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: TDawg61

I was thinking the same thing! Leave it alone!

But that woodo,
that you do
so bloody well
takes me home, to hell.

bad poem for bad hoax

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Well, burning things could also release that negative energy, apparently. Although, I, too, usually have the initial 'burn it with fire' reaction.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
It was a good story I'll give them that but then hey, he is a writer! Lol... I mean he doesn't have any reason what-so-ever to make this whole thing up does he? Not like he wants to make money from this... Oh wait... XD

Yeah colour me sceptical, but I did enjoy the read.

While I agree that his writing skills are to his benefit, I would gather that anyone who collects haunted and creepy artifacts might just have a weird story or two to write about. I certainly wouldn't want all those things in my house.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
Looks like Voodoo or atleast someone's attempt at Voodoo. When you find something like that, your first thought is, "I'm taking this with me to my home" ? Holy Hand grenades, what a dumb a$$
If I could have chimed in, I would have suggested (common 'effing sense) to PUT IT BACK WHERE HE FOUND IT. assuming this isn't a joke, I couldn't take the whole article, too painful to read.

Dumbasses don't take that kind of stuff with them to their homes.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if that idea to take it hoe wasn't solely his idea, and whatever is attached to that statue (if any) in order to leave the cage, planted a seed of an idea in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join