It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cursed' statue found in Catskills cave

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
The pics look like a hasty attempt to make it look old and tarnished. Both the "rope" and "tacks" look very present day Walmart cheap. Sorry to wreck the fun.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Proctor and Gamble made the Ouija boards that used to be sold at Wal-Mart/ Target, you can take ANYTHING and curse it if you know how.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Jumanji.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
wow that is creepy for sure. I didn't watch the video haha! (Nothanku) Reminds me of The Ring when the thing comes up from the well.. GTFO
The article does state that the rope is probably only about a year old but the statue appears to be much older. I wish the original hikers could be contacted, i would be interesting to hear if the events stopped with the removal of the statue. Creepy!

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I searched the web for statues with nails in eyes. Nothing came up but there are idols called Nkondi with nails in their bodies that look similar.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Knowing what I do about modern witchcraft it sure looks like a curse or hex to me.
They should test it to see if there is urine on it.
It's a bad hex meant to bring death or an ending. Maybe to get rid of bad memories but it seems extreme. The mind of the subject would be messed up. As in tarot death means change more than physical death. But sometimes it does mean death.
It would only work on the one it was created for, these things are psychological . If the subject knew about this they may suffer loss. If not the creator gains confidence. Psychological.

I think the writer has an overactive imagination.
Found in a cave why would there be a pond smell and wet footprints.
I saw that in more than one movie BTW.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
that is so fricking awesome!!!!

i also bookmarked the live feed

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

very true.

to those of you watching the live feed, have fun with that. I'll just sit back and wait for all the new haunting threads lol

just kidding hopefully~

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I don't think they ever said it was an "old" artifact in the article.

If you thought it was cursed would you not 1. return it to loc. you found it or 2. burn it?

Seems like a great attention grabber and fun for all, I do believe objects can hold evil but I am sceptical in this case.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I would return it.

I would NOT ever burn it. If there is something attached, it will jump out and into something or someone else.

Don't ever burn a haunted heirloom or object.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I would return it.

I would NOT ever burn it. If there is something attached, it will jump out and into something or someone else.

Don't ever burn a haunted heirloom or object.

Yes I agree burning is off the list, keeping it and using it for attention grabbing is certainly off the list. Thin fishing line to move things and some interesting effects...I have not watched any of the video or anything because i think making a game of such is not a good thing.
it is suggested the item be burying in a church graveyard or given to a Priest if you believe that would help better then keeping it.
edit on 6-7-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I would NOT ever burn it.

Give it to me, I can use it to start my charcoal grill and make some wicked good steaks.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: summerdaze

Most shadows tend to do that...lmao.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

If only it was during daylight I would agree, but popping out in dark corners and appearing solid is not common lol though these "shadow people" seem to be common from what I've read *shrugs* and I have no idea what she was doing with that book and I refused to ever touch that thing.
edit on 6-7-2016 by summerdaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
great story. Scary one too.

I messed with psionics(energy balls, psychokinesis). It started causing light dimming so I stopped.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Weird story.

Think it needs to be taken back from the place it was taken from.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I would NOT ever burn it. If there is something attached, it will jump out and into something or someone else. Don't ever burn a haunted heirloom or object.

This is incorrect. One of the oldest anti-witchcraft texts we have, if not THE oldest, is the Assyrio-Babylonian Maqlû Series. The Maqlû Series is a collection of 8 tablets containing nearly 100 spells and rituals for combatting black magic. The term "maqlû" actually means "burning," and the first half of the series (about 4 tablets) contain dozens of spells and rituals involving fire and its usefulness in undoing black magic and punishing witches. These spells and rituals were all supposed to be performed over the course of 48-hours, in a yearly ceremony meant to disrupt the workings of witches and turn their magic back on themselves. So no, contrary to the silly superstition, traditionally, historically, fire has always been one of our greatest allies against the efficacy of black magic and the demons who haunt our world.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

If I saw that in a cave I was exploring, my first gut instinct is to not touch it; if there is something harmful about it, then not touching is the best policy.

In regards to symbolism - what makes this particularly creepy to me (and yes, I watched the video) is not so much the noose, but the nails in the eyes. If this is just simply a voodoo doll, then stabbing in the eyes could be considered rendering the entity blind; meaning that they wanted whichever person to loose their sight, or have it destroyed. 3 nails in each eye.

The "or" to this is that maybe the object was already haunted to begin with, and the nails were either meant to "bind" the entity or keep it from escaping (doesn't sound like it did a good job; a box surrounded with pentacles might have done better). Iron is supposed to be a "grounding" metal, and if they came from a coffin supposedly they are more powerful.

Or, the story could be bulk - It's creepy enough to make me ponder it.

-fossilera

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If this story is true, I can't get over just how dumb the hiker who decided to take this home was. Even if he didn't believe it, someone clearly did, so why not give it the benefit of the doubt and leave it alone?

It reminds me of a place here in Brazil. On a mountain that I usually hike, there is a side trail close to where the main trail starts. It's a dark trail leading down the mountain heading to who knows where, and you can see that it's littered with bowels meant for a kind of African-Brazilian magic ritual we call Macumba. No one dares to follow this trail, as it's common knowledge here in Brazil that we're supposed to avoid getting close, and especially touching these bowels. Outside this trail, I've ever only seen one bowel being used for each ritual, usually they put one bowel with food, wine, and an idol of a saint. To have dozens of bowels scattered on a trail like that is definitely a bad sign, and one can clearly feel a weird vibe coming from that place.

This guy bringing the idol home would be equivalent to one not only entering this trail, but taking the bowels home with them. Bad idea.

edit on 6-7-2016 by Thorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I call a total and complete hoax on every detail and aspect lol! Good 1!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join