It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Fashion Police

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Had the neighbors reported anything it still wouldn't have made a difference because as we all know he'd been in contact with the FBI multiple times already and they didn't do anything.

The reason that it's even mentioned is simply to encourage the idea that we should all be ratting on each other out of fear.

It's just spin on a news story that has no value. They always mention some neighbor who didn't want to say anything because they didn't want to seem racist. But they always leave out the fact that it wouldn't have made any difference anyway because the FBI already knew about these people and still didn't do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: angeldoll

I read what you wrote.

It's not about courtesy. If they were trying to intentionally frighten people, then yes it would be rude.

What's discourteous is expecting one group of people to change because other people are too damned ignorant and afraid of their own shadows.

It's about courtesy if I choose to make it about courtesy, which I do. Nowhere am I suggesting that freedoms be taken away, or your other dramatic implications.

If I visited a country where women wearing blue jeans were being targeted because they scared the hell out of the locals, I would have sense enough not to wear them.

1. I wouldn't want to cause the locals unnecessary alarm.
2. I wouldn't want to set myself up as a target.
Common sense.
edit on 7/3/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Liquesence

I read what you wrote.

It's not about courtesy. If they were trying to intentionally frighten people, then yes it would be rude.

What's discourteous is expecting one group of people to change because other people are too damned ignorant and afraid of their own shadows.

It's about courtesy if I choose to make it about courtesy, which I do. Nowhere am I suggesting that freedoms be taken away, or your other dramatic implications.

If I visited a country where women wearing blue jeans were being targeted because they scared the hell out of the locals, I would have sense enough not to wear them.

People in America shouldn't be targeted for what they wear, nor should people in traditional clothing be expected to dress like Westerners; if they are targeted, that says more about those doing the targeting than those being targeted. It's not their fault that ignorant, fearful people are afraid of them based solely on their dress and language.

Dramatic implications? Your implications were pretty clear: they should (willingly) not dress as they normally do because it makes people "afraid."

Hell, It would also be courteous if a majority of people on US beaches would not wear the swimwear they do, but hey...

1. I wouldn't want to cause the locals unnecessary alarm.
2. I wouldn't want to set myself up as a target.

Basically, "You asked for it" is what you're saying. Women in America shouldn't wear revealing clothing lest they are sexually assaulted, because it would be their fault for not dressing down?

Got it.
edit on 3-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So, what have we become when a solution to ask visitors to "dress accordingly" is presented? We have become another nation of ignorant, backward citizens. A nation that allows an authoritarian body to inflict fear.

Of course, authoritarianism works just fine, if you're not one of the suspects, but when fearful authoritarians find another group to go after, then you might be in that group. That's what happens in fearful nations. Go after one another, because it's good for you.

Here's what my President had to say about Muslims...

"Here in the United States our Muslim citizens are making many contributions in business, science and law, medicine and education, and in other fields. Muslim members of our Armed Forces and of my administration are serving their fellow Americans with distinction, upholding our nation's ideals of liberty and justice in a world at peace."

"America treasures the relationship we have with our many Muslim friends, and we respect the vibrant faith of Islam which inspires countless individuals to lead lives of honesty, integrity, and morality. This year, may Eid also be a time in which we recognize the values of progress, pluralism, and acceptance that bind us together as a Nation and a global community. By working together to advance mutual understanding, we point the way to a brighter future for all."

..."the war against terrorism is not a war against Muslims, nor is it a war against Arabs. It's a war against evil people who conduct crimes against innocent people."

No, not Pres Obama but Pres George Bush, right after 9/11 and into 2002.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

I suppose we need a national dress code, eh?

To enter the US, one must wear:
Suit and tie,
Jeans and T shirt,
etc...

Oh yeah, and hand out Bibles.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
if the media referred to every violent crime in this country by the suspects nationality, race and religion we would be putting handcuffs on the american white christians (of which I am one)

don't fall for the fear

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
There are good Muslims and bad radical Muslims...... Just like their are good upstanding American citizens, and their are Thugs and gang members ......it's time from for the Good Muslims to step up and help squash the bad Muslims . Until then , people will be suspicious of anyone in Muslim dress and speaking in Arabic. Unfortunately that's the way the world is turning. ......now,.....my personal opinion is that the police responded to a call . They have no idea when they get a call what they are walking into....good or bad scenario. ...... Luckily for them this Arabic guy was good, but....now adays you just don't know, and they have to react upon the 911 call that was made first , and then asses the situation .....in my opinion they handled it quickly and efficiently. They didn't beat the guy , they didn't taze him, ....they detained him and checked him out. .....unfortunately, the guy had a stroke....and passed out......or did he really have a stroke ? ...Was he faking it ? if I remember correctly in the article he works in the medical industry, so he would know symptoms to fake?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Difficult to say if he was faking it or not. He slumped forwards first, propped himself against the car, then went down sideways. But he did get his arm down to break his fall. Could be faking it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: Meldionne1

Difficult to say if he was faking it or not. He slumped forwards first, propped himself against the car, then went down sideways. But he did get his arm down to break his fall. Could be faking it.

I'm always suspicious of anyone who has a medical issue, or stroke, at the time of their arrest ...of course it does happen....but people also fake it too. .....I don't know if this medical sales rep had a stroke or not ?.... But conveniently he had it after he was uncuffed , the police were now on his side, and he had made a phone call .

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

UAE warns against wearing national dress abroad
www.bbc.co.uk...

No excuse for not knowing.

There'll always be some. The wife of a stubborn man one told me travelling abroad with him was a nightmare. Throughout their long marriage he'd got into a confrontation every time they'd flown. There'll be those who will wear the national dress because it causes friction. They like friction.
edit on 3 7 2016 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
From the OP

The Emirati businessman is receiving treatment at Cleveland Clinic, in Cleveland, Ohio.

Please provide me link for his being a "medical sales rep."

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

United Arab Emirates (UAE) nationals are being urged not to wear national dress outside the region, days after an Emirati man was detained in the US.

Days after incident.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again, you can't win either way.

Yeah, but that's life. No matter what anyone says or does, someone is going to find a problem with it.

Maybe, if we were less concerned about how someone looks and less judgmental of people who seemed to take that into account, we wouldn't miss some people who were clearly doing things they shouldn't have been.

I think you're right there. We are increasingly judging others for the most shallow and superficial reasons -- and are increasingly encouraged to do so by govt, TV, society, etc. And in the process, issues have become jumbled and confused, most likely by design. All part of dumbing down the people. Just look at the word "discrimination," once an admirable quality that denoted a good sense of analysis and judgment... now it just means "hate."

If it was not meant to confuse and obfuscate, we would be told more than just "see something, say something." We would be told, for example, that wearing foreign clothing and speaking a foreign language in broad daylight in public is not "something" to be concerned about... but folks receiving shipments and visitors and congregating in a closed garage in the middle of the night do have suspicious implications.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
To emphasize: the clerk apparently outright LIED

Mayor Jensen said: “There were some false accusations made against you and those are regrettable, and I hope somewhere within your heart that the person that made those can maybe learn from those…"

WEWS-TV reports officials are still contemplating charges against the clerk who made the false accusations.

What with all the anti-Muslim sentiment here in the US, this idiot clerk, who was either afraid or didn't like Muslims, or both, LIED about a man who was dressed traditionally and speaking in his native language.

THIS is what America is becoming and THIS is what MANY people here on ATS and in this country believe, condone, and how they feel.

Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

No more Land of the Free, Home of the Brave. Now it's Land of the Ignorant, Home of the Fearful.

Yup! Exactly what the terrorists want. Including the terrorists in our own government -- and I don't just mean the Muslim kind!

Divide-and-conquer. Dumb us all down, make us all afraid of each other, keep us fighting and hating and blaming each other (and not THEM), and what do we get? Just what we've got.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

It could be suspected the OP author was a provocateur

I'll take this to heart and strive to be less provocateur-like on ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

She may have imagined she heard some words she was expecting to hear.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

She may have imagined she heard some words she was expecting to hear.

The same way people imagine all Muslims are terrorists because that's what they "expect."

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Got it.

All you've got is putting words in my mouth. Stop it, or can you?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Got it.

All you've got is putting words in my mouth. Stop it, or can you?

Those words came out of your mouth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join