It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Give In Exchange For Your Soul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Luke 9:23-26

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels."

This is the topic, "what does this passage mean to you"? What principle or teaching do you think the writer is trying to convey to you the reader? Stop and ask yourself, "What is my soul worth? What did heaven pay for my soul?"

It's my contention that the worth of anything is only what someone will pay to obtain it. What is your worth? I don't care what the world says you are worth, what your parents say if you have bad ones, or what your co-workers say. What matters is what God says, what does God say your own soul is worth?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical in the Orisha and hoodoo religions it is a trade of seven years at the crossroads... with a spirit... that is not evil/devil or what not, you get your soul back after 7 years of service to what ever trade or skill you made the trade for..simple really I think you just have to leave sweets 6 inches under the porch.
Supposed to be wrapped in red, for the male deity and blue for female.

edit on 1-7-2016 by peppycat because: added
sorry it is old and based in Africa I believe. In response to your title.
I have had these Odisha spirits speak to me in depth before, without searching for them.
The words in the Bible are very beautiful all can gather is carrying the cross is not easy.
edit on 1-7-2016 by peppycat because: added response to op

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Thank you for replying. Can I ask you to consider and tell me what your own soul is worth to you? What would you give in exchange for it?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical just added more to my post concerning the bible.
One camel, several cats(not fixed)... just kidding I don't deal well.water?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Shouldn't it be the other way around, if i exchange my soul i should have something, not give something as i give my soul away.
edit on 1-7-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I don't think about what my soul is worth to me. My soul is priceless to God and I wouldn't exchange it for anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It depends what's being offered. But I'm getting something for nothing so that's a good deal.

I actually bought the rights to someone's soul when I was bored one night for $50. The entertainment value was worth it.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Shouldn't it be the other way around, if i exchange my soul i should have something, not give something as i give my soul away.

Hello! The context here is the eternal destiny of the soul. What would you give to save it, not on Earth, but eternally? What is your soul worth from God's perspective?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
I don't think about what my soul is worth to me. My soul is priceless to God and I wouldn't exchange it for anything.

Great answer. How do you lose your life to save it? How does a person try to save it and lose it in the process?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I see, my bad.

I just saw it as i exchange my soul for something like eternal life or great wisdom in the physical world.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Good question. I usually don't think about it in this way. Just answering off the cuff here I suppose that if saving my soul meant losing my life in some fashion, I'd lose my life. My life here is temporary anyway, my soul is where the real stuff is and will be there forever. Actually I don't really think one can lose their soul... it's not really up to them. Maybe exchange it, maybe sell it, but I don't think anyone can really truly lose it. It's always there even if people try to deny it, it's still there yearning to be with God.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I see, my bad.

I just saw it as i exchange my soul for something like eternal life or great wisdom in the physical world.

The first one is correct, what would you exchange for eternal life. Jesus says eternal life is to know God and His Son, know there means an intimate love relationship with the Creator of the universe.

If you believe that, what is that worth?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I see, my bad.

The first one is correct, what would you exchange for eternal life. Jesus sJesus says eternal life is to know God and His Son, know there means an intimate love relationship with the Creator of the universe.believe that, what is that worth?

Can't put a price on that!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

Good question. I usually don't think about it in this way. Just answering off the cuff here I suppose that if saving my soul meant losing my life in some fashion, I'd lose my life. My life here is temporary anyway, my soul is where the real stuff is and will be there forever. Actually I don't really think one can lose their soul... it's not really up to them. Maybe exchange it, maybe sell it, but I don't think anyone can really truly lose it. It's always there even if people try to deny it, it's still there yearning to be with God.

Good answers, I can see the wheels cranking in your brain. What do you think Jesus was trying to convey about gaining the world at the cost of losing one'side soul? (separation from God) What do you consider your soul is worth to God?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Isn't the soul equal with eternal life, i mean i have been a good boy, so i will go to heaven in the form of my soul, and experience eternal life close to god, therefore i do not need to exchange it, unless i go evil and sell it to Satan, which i would never do.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

But a price was put on that, heaven went bankrupt to make that purchase price. Do you now understand the value of your soul from God's perspective?

edit on 1-7-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Isn't the soul equal with eternal life, i mean i have been a good boy, so i will go to heaven in the form of my soul, and experience eternal life close to god, therefore i do not need to exchange it, unless i go evil and sell it to Satan, which i would never do.

Does being good save our souls? Can any of us be good enough? Think about this. God is holy and righteous, can any of us be good enough to bridge the gap to God?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Well...I hope so, of course i have been a little bad, i hope God can look through that and accept me anyway.

I see my bad side as mistakes, learning trough the physical life, not deliberate bad, if God accept mistakes i should be good and enter his kingdom in the form of my soul and enjoy a eternal life.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I just don't consider separation from God. It's not a thought that enters my mind. The soul is too precious and there is not enough wealth or material things in the whole world to make an exchange for it. Maybe people try to value their soul based on wealth, success, land... but that's the Devils price. I am sad for those people. I think the warning and/or what Jesus was conveying is about giving up your soul for things in this world that one want so bad that one would give up or forget about our responsibility to God and Jesus to have these things. The world is just the world and life here is just a short journey. Personally I am not losing my soul for anything in the world. What do I consider my soul is worth to God? Well, He gave it to me and He wants it back some day so again, it's priceless

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Does being good save our souls? Can any of us be good enough? Think about this. God is holy and righteous, can any of us be good enough to bridge the gap to God?

No. We are not worthy but He loves us anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join