It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN military vehicles spotted in Virginia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No, no it is not and posting some nonsense from 2014 does not make it so. Does nobody know the UN has no troops? This is what happens, the UN votes to start a peacekeeping operation. Then the UN has to go around begging for troops, funding and equipment. A large operation is 10k to 20k troops but, those numbers are hard to sustain in particular if their is any actual fighting. So the US has a better chance of being occupied by the Boy Scouts than it does the UN.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
This is getting interesting, here's some UN armored vehicles riding around Garland TX,
full of troops~

www.secretsofthefed.com...

It's just a matter of time folks...

Funny. A picture of two trucks, neither of which you can see inside of very well, turns into a 30 truck convoy full of "combat prepared troops.

Pro-tip: UN forces are never "combat prepared."

It's just a matter of time till the tin foil completely cuts off your brain's circulation, yes.
edit on 27-6-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I wouldn't say its tin foil, but the stress and turmoil that the people of this country are going through right now.

A lot of uncertainty, a lot of hate, a lot of doubt about what is around the corner. So many rumors. Its hard to decipher what is a possibility and what is far fetched.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kellynap43

People have been saying the UN is going to takeover the US for years.

Yet it keeps not happening.

So then they post a picture of two UN trucks and claim they were in a convoy of 30, all with heavily armed troops.

When you start making things up to stoke fear, that's tin foil territory.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Since I'm not too informed about the actual workings of the U.N. military here is what I've found:

They have more than 95,000 military and police from over 110 countries.

They have to be members of their own national armies first.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
been thinking about this and the UN, did a little digging.
it appears to be a Pit-Bull VX a swat vehicle. hence the red and blue lights on it. and it is well known that the UN has a police force they use.
the company is in Herndon, Virginia. if you look at a map, I81 is just west of Herndon down I66which runs through it.

here's a black one,

and the company website
Alpine Armoring's

there at the site if you go to current inventory, stock vehicles ready to ship, swat, or PDF Brochures you can click the Pit-Bull VX and see it.

nothing to worry about., the UN is not invading.
edit on 27-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Virginia means they are going to posts east. Balkans, middle east or Ukraine.

My guess is Syria. Once Hillary is in office and that friend of hers is in the Pentagon, there will be more war. In the name of peace, of course.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Since I'm not too informed about the actual workings of the U.N. military here is what I've found:

They have more than 95,000 military and police from over 110 countries.

They have to be members of their own national armies first.

They do not have them. Those troops are sent to specific peace keeping operations that the member nations agrees to. The UN has not real control of them. They can not send them some place else and the home country can countermand and UN order and brings it troops at any time it wishes. From that page itself

Why does the UN not have a standing reserve?
It takes considerable time to deploy troops and we are often asked why we do not have a standing reserve.

The UN can only deploy military personnel when there is a UN Security Council resolution authorizing them to do so. The Security Council will say how many military personnel are required, and then UN Headquarters will liaise with the Member States to identify personnel and deploy them. This can take time – perhaps more than six months from the date of the resolution.

UN peace keepers are poorly armed, poorly trained, do not have to follow UN orders, rarely fight unless attacked and normally spend their time taking notes. Entire massacres have happened right in front of UN troops because they have some small arms and not combat arms support.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

and the company website Alpine Armoring's

Snopes isn't the most liked site, but they did talk to the company...

Unlike the Daily Mail, we contacted Alpine Armoring, the manufacturer named in their article, to inquire about the images. According to an individual with whom we spoke at Alpine, the vehicles seen in these photographs were purchased by the United Nations for use outside the United States. A number of defense industry manufacturers are based in and around Washington, D.C. (a region that includes Virginia) for obvious logistical reasons, and the representative confirmed that the trucks were ordered by the UN for use in locations abroad.

www.snopes.com...

Sometimes they do something good.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I wonder if they sell that model in a nice metal flake gray?

Seriously, how quick do people run off the deep end when they see (3) UN trucks being transported? We make them. Yes they are new. The dripping marks at the hinges are nothing more than the weather. My Jeep gets the same marks on its door hinges and it wipes right off. There are no troops in the picture so speculation is all you have on that one.

Lastly, no one in America should fear anything UN related. Research the UN for god's sake.
edit on 27-6-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2016 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

yea they do sometimes. good find.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So I was looking at all these typical UN panic articles and one lead me two this old article:

www.activistpost.com...

I thought great, an old version of the typical UN panic article talking about the UN coming to grab our guns. They provide the link to the job application that is still up.

inspira.un.org...

I'm still trying to take in as much as I can for this posting but the thing that gets me is they are based in NY which is not surprising, but the only languages they want you to know is English and maybe French. Being from Maine, that actually sent a chill down my spine. I like reading a lot of these panic sights, but this really seems like it could be something. I understand if it is for a future mission they don't know the language of the country they might be deployed for a "flare up" situation, but wouldn't think look for more multilingual people than just English and maybe some French?

Not trying to divert the OP. It was articles concerning this that brought it to my attention. Stupid internet rabbit holes.
edit on 27-6-2016 by DinobotIV because: Off topic a bit

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: kellynap43

We really dont have many ways to move vehicles around. And we have shared exercises all the time, and we travel from state to state too. Even military vehicles from other countries at times that could freak one out if noticed.

MS
1st Responder

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Yes...it can be un-nerving for sure when one hasnt seen any before.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Occam would say go with your first assumption.

I don't think he would.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

So many of us are hyper-vigilant (at least I am) about seeing anything which falls into the unusual category.
It's good in ways and has pitfalls in other ways.

I've never seen U.N. vehicles in person so if I was to see any in my area I'd automatically be very attentive and want to know why and where they were headed.

If I posted on the Internet about seeing some I'd take a measured approach so as not to come off as alarmist. If I found out there was reason to be alarmed then that would be different.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

What, if any, obligation do American citizens have to acknowledge UN as an authority here?

None, that I'm aware of.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If the UN can't function in the ME, or the Balkans, or Africa, or Asia--what possible concern would there be if, and it's a big if, they were ever here?

None, says I. Stand there and laugh at 'em.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I read those parts and thanks for posting them.

U.N. soldiers don't appear to be the boogeymen they've been made out to be over the years but it's good to be aware.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

If the UN can't function in the ME, or the Balkans, or Africa, or Asia--what possible concern would there be if, and it's a big if, they were ever here?

None, says I. Stand there and laugh at 'em.

Generally they just guard stuff. Food storage, roads, hotels etc. They also hand out food and such. They are peace keepers so they are suppose to be in places that have peace and just need a little help keeping the basics running and a neutral party to monitor violations of ceasefires and such. They never try to take control or run things, they are just sort of there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join