It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British are frantically Googling what the EU is, hours after voting to leave it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Yet I can guarantee I can find an article saying that a lot don't. I'm sure there was even a thread on here about it.

You still can't give a definitive answer on who actually googled it. Was it the voters who chose to leave or to stay? What you have done is hyped up the "the people who voted to leave don't even know what they're leaving" without knowing who even googled it. 16 million voted to stay. How many of them googled those questions? You can't answer that question because the answer isn't given in the article.

Yet more ignorance. On topic. Well done!

That was already answered on page 1, by somebody else. ***SNIP
edit on 6/24/2016 by Blaine91555 because: snipped insult

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
they thought they were voting against scary brown people

oops

Hahaha!!
You are so utterly wrong!
The majority of immigrants in the UK are from Poland.
Wiki
Do your research before posting moronic statements fishing for stars.
Though you were partially right. It is a little bit of xenophobia driving this but it's not because of "brown people" as you so eloquently put it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yet I can guarantee I can find an article saying that a lot don't. I'm sure there was even a thread on here about it.

You still can't give a definitive answer on who actually googled it. Was it the voters who chose to leave or to stay? What you have done is hyped up the "the people who voted to leave don't even know what they're leaving" without knowing who even googled it. 16 million voted to stay. How many of them googled those questions? You can't answer that question because the answer isn't given in the article.

Yet more ignorance. On topic. Well done!

That was already answered on page 1, by somebody else. How about quit targeting (trolling) ME ONLY (this is what the third thread now) and go deal with that guy.

Actually, it wasn't given as there's no answer. No one knows how many of the searches were done by the leave voters or the stay voters. It was you and the article who hyped it up to be the leave voters.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

We also as a whole get on really well with Polish people they have similar drinking habits. (plus a little guilt from me because of how we left them down the river after WW2).
They graft as well, we don't mind grafters.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm pretty sure the demographics show that those who voted to leave were mostly the elderly. I highly doubt the elderly are Googling what the EU is.

There you go, the third response to the OP. If you have more sound logic to the contrary present it, preferably to him, perhaps first explain how his is flawed, and then offer a better Dichotomy. That is how intelligent debate is handled, not by endless replies 85% of which totally lacking substance (arguing semantics, etc).

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Voter count was roughly 33 million people.
UK population is roughly 65 million people.
How many of the 32 million people, who didn't vote, googled about the referendum, the EU and everything to do with it?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca

I'm pretty sure the demographics show that those who voted to leave were mostly the elderly. I highly doubt the elderly are Googling what the EU is.

There you go, the third response to the OP. If you have more sound logic to the contrary present it, preferably to him, perhaps first explain how his is flawed, and then offer a better Dichotomy. That is how intelligent debate is handled, not by endless replies 85% of which totally lacking substance (arguing semantics, etc).

That response said that most of the voters to leave were elderly and they highly doubt they googled what the EU is. That would then mean that the google searches would have been done by the stay voters and tej ones that didn't vote. That's counter to what your OP says.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What relevance does that have with anything to do with anything I said.
Read what you quoted.

Europe isn't even a continent to begin with. It's a fantasy. Like if you were to call Central America, or the Middle East, "continents".
Are you being ironic or serious?

Either way, there a 7 continents.
Asia
Africa
North America
South America
Antarctica
Europe
Austrailia

Oh look, there's Europe.

Technically Europe is NOT a continent.

To some....Europe is not a continent.

It shares its plate with Asia.
It retains its continent status because of historical reasons - the whole world used to consist only of Europe (and a bit of Africa).

answers.yah...

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Which is a fair point. I still give zero monkeys lol.

My issue was with the article saying we were voting to leave Europe, which we weren't.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I think the OP is suggesting the unfortunate fact reported now in the media that many people voted for something they didn’t fully understand.

Strange Trump was in the UK at the time of this vote...in Scotland

Also Strange a UK assassin tried to Kill Trump

I know that should be in the conspiracy thread but its interesting...

I think Ill drop it in there on some thread

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Which is a fair point. I still give zero monkeys lol.

My issue was with the article saying we were voting to leave Europe, which we weren't.

Your right had nothing to do with leaving Europe. The issue was Brussels and how they went from a trade organization to regulatung daily life and became a form of government. A lot of the confusion I'm sure is how Brussels was making laws for its members that was not supposed to be the case.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But there's the big issue. How do we know that it was any, a minority, some or a majority of VOTERS that googled it? We don't. All we know is that people in the UK googled it.

For all we know it could be a whole bunch of spotty teenagers who googled it.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Marcus Aurelius

“What we do in life ripples through eternity”

Count Richard N. Coudenhove-Kalergi

www.my-europe.org...

Tony Blair Got a Kalergi badge for services against humanity

Peter Sutherland who allegedly shafted his own country behind the scenes in 2008

en.wikipedia.org...

why out was voted for ?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Completely agree.

I also believe that the EU "government" was the plan from the beginning. As someone stated in another thread, the "United States of Europe".

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

How many of the 32 million people, who didn't vote, googled about the referendum, the EU and everything to do with it?

You do know that that minimum voting age was 18 ? Or are you implying that everyone living in the Britain is over 18 years of age ?

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fingle

I think it has a lot to do with us wanting our responsibility back. If we make a mistake it's our fault and we pay for it. Being a part of the EU makes everyone accountable for everyone else's mistakes and problems.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

You do know that that minimum voting age was 18 ? Or are you implying that everyone living in the Britain is over 18 years of age ?

I didn't say that. I said the 32 million people who didn't vote. Could be they just didn't vote, weren't old enough or whatever. Obviously the 32 million would be less because of babies and what not.

I was just trying to make a point that it can't be known who googled what, only that it was done by people in the UK.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Why is it in every thread you make you assert that all of the membership is trolling you? Hmmmm, I see a pattern here, what about you?

I am seeing a pattern here.

Accusations of racism, insults, age discrimination, pro-globalism, and anti-white rhetoric from people who think Brexit was a bad idea.

Freedom is a bad idea I guess.

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
PJW is badass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join