It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested at Holland Tunnel with cache of weapons on way to New York

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

It is scary because:

GUNS

We live in a climate of manufactured fear.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
maybe it was a barter. Some drugs and weapons for the woman.

I like the heroin dealer lettering. Advertising is important.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

That's pretty much what I suspect.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dear Lord....I LIVE in N.J.....This is terrible news! Glad they were caught!!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I read on a couple of other sites that there was an ISIS propaganda video recently released that was implying an attack on Times Square. Maybe this story is just a bit of counter-propaganda?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Why in the world would they try to pull something like that off in a truck that scream you home location even if it's a range you'd still be risking a lot of other lives if someone came by for revenge.

Yup a few of the mag's are over the limit, but what really gets them in trouble is they already loaded. Double that if they're loaded in the weapon already as well.

Once again the truck looks like it'd be from someone that would know the rules and guide line for moving weapons around states.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Once again the truck looks like it'd be from someone that would know the rules and guide line for moving weapons around states.

Here let me fix that for you...

the truck looks like it'd be from someone that should know the rules and guide line for moving weapons around states.

Whether they cared about them is a different story.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

It reminds me of the truck the geeky, wannabe drug dealer drove in Better Call Saul:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Vehicles like this one and the one in the OP scream "pull me over" to me lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

And honestly, manufactured fear is the only thing that could create laws banning the transportation of mags too

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Gotta love the Daily News

Cops nab trio of 'vigilantes' at Holland Tunnel with loaded guns, 'America' gun clip and 2,000 rounds of ammo

Relax. All three are "white."

What is this supposed to mean? "Don't worry, they're all white"? What did they even do wrong? Why are they being called "vigilantes"?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
how and why they nabbed these scum bags.

Alleged scum bags.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Why are they being called "vigilantes"?

I would guess this to be a reason...if true.

They may have been coming to Queens to rescue a woman, also involved with heroin, who was being held against her will, sources said.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Hilarious when taken with the idea that yesterday I posted a thread about DefCon levels....and the overwhelming response was to discredit what I was discussing.

Apparently they felt I was referring to merely one number....as opposed to individual things like this happening on a growing frequency.

Frankly.... Either these are some of the worlds largest knuckle dragging idiots for driving a car to the scene that could have ANY REASON TO BE PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE, or.........it's simply bread and circuses, my friends.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Hilarious when taken with the idea that yesterday I posted a thread about DefCon levels....and the overwhelming response was to discredit what I was discussing.

Because the site you were pushing is not in anyway connected to the US government and means absolutely nothing when it comes to the actual Defcon level.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Yeah.. out of the hundreds of vehicles, trains, boats, carrying weapons, one was caught. Yippie!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
New Jersey resident here.

The magazines are illegal in New Jersey and I can personally attest I have been pulled over for, on separate occasions, a cracked windshield, a broken taillight, a missing front license plate and in expired inspection sticker.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Regardless if the window was cracked or not after the recent SCOTUS ruling it doesn't really matter.

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that police can use evidence they obtained illegally against a defendant in court.

The justices voted five-to-three in favor of a lawbreaking police officer in Utah v. Strieff, a drug-related case involving a Utah man.

Police spied on a South Salt Lake City home after receiving an anonymous tip about drug activity. When Joseph Edward Strieff, the defendant in the case, walked out of the house, a police detective illegally stopped him, questioned him and checked his name in a police database.

The State of Utah conceded that this stop was illegal. Justice Sonia Sotomayor noted that the police “officer did not suspect that Strieff had done anything wrong. Strieff just happened to be the first person to leave a house that the officer thought might contain ‘drug activity.'”

Yet the police officer saw that Strieff had a “small traffic warrant.” He therefore arrested Strieff and illegally searched him, finding methamphetamine in his pocket. Utah subsequently charged Strieff with illegal drug possession.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If it doesn't make sense to you...that if one were to plan to do something like this....not having a reason to appear suspicious would be...advantageous to say the least.....

Then what in the hell are you doing here on ATS?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Ask the Daily News lol (or read the story).

++++++++++++++

And they were from PA, where the laws are much looser than in NJ and NY. I don't even bother to take my gun to NY when we drive up there because they are seriously that tough on even having certain weapons/peripheral in the car, whether you're licensed/permitted in your home state or not. And in NY it's a year mandatory minimum for some weapons...I can't keep track because they're always changing the laws, so I don't.

a reply to: JetBlackStare
ETA: MMhmmm...right after San Bern there was a similar report in NY: Here

Coincidence?
edit on 6/21/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join