It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Driving Around With Loaded Assault Rifle And Body Armor Deemed 'Not Immediate Threat'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh boy. This is one well-prepared guy. Too bad he took it a little bit too far in impersonating an agent.

Police arrested a Long Island, New York man with thousands of rounds of ammunition, and assault rifle, a pistol, body armor and fake federal IDs, after pulling him over for a traffic stop.

Not to worry, though. Police don't see any indication of an "immediate threat." Here's what they found in his car.

[video at link]

He had a fake federal air marshal ID in one pocket, a Ruger .380-caliber pistol in the other and was driving around Long Island with ballistic body armor and a loaded AR-15 assault rifle. He also had an arsenal of weapons at his gated home [Link].

Basically...well I just don't know what to say. Is this the new normal? The sheriffs' and ministers are calling people to arms.

Do I need more ammo and more guns? What's enough? And where do I get body armor? I'm a little bit dark-skinned...will that cause me trouble if I go out in public strapped and armored?

Yes, of course hes's well within his rights to drive around with all that stuff. But where's the line? I guess it's where someone commits an atrocity and is too late.

Anyway, he was charged,,,

Vicars, who works as a personal fitness trainer, was charged with multiple counts of criminal possession of a weapon and criminal possession of a forged instrument. [Link]

All the weapons are lawfully owned.

ETA: This showed up on #CrimingWhileWhite on Twitter. Yeah...that's a thing.

edit on 12/5/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
He was probably another anti-gun actor. It is a great way to discredit gun owners legally. Stupid people will lap it up.

Make the impression that this is your typical gun owner. Legislation needs public opinion in it's favor. Look at the legislation and talk of it.

It's a win-win for the politicians.

Never ending arguments about things they know people will argue about, in order to continue the illegal taxation game. And hey, if they take guns it's a bonus. Never ending misdirection protecting their lifestyles and power positions.
Create fear and dependance.
edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm assuming he's a white guy!

2nd

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That fake ID is of some concern from where I sit.
Impersonation is a serious offense.

Unless, he's legit and that ID is a fake cover.

Still, I can't profess to understand much of anything going on out there these days so...

edit on 12/5/15 by GENERAL EYES because: video embed

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh is that thing now too? Anti-gun actor?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
America is at war with itself.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I guess he's a media 'extra' for 'controlled opposition'

Kinda like Alex Jones but out on the road, and loaded =D

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
America is at war with itself.

Yes...so it seems. This all of course is more noticeable and we're hyper-focused due to world events.

I'm seriously wondering if my 10 boxes of Zombie Max are enough?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So what if I happen to be driving to a firing range with my 'assault' weapon, and a few thousand rounds for target practice.

I know that must make me a 'terrorist'.

And where do I get body armor?

Well first you have to check with local law enforcement.

Many cities it's ILLEGAL.

Seems to me body armor wouldn't be illegal. Since it can save lives. When there's 'mass shootings'.
edit on 5-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Do people wear armor at the range? I've never seen that. And thanks. I hate to think we all might need it, but it seems we all might need it soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Do people wear armor at the range? I've never seen that. And thanks. I hate to think we all might need it, but it seems we all might need it soon.

Some people do.

Full load out.

Lot of wanna be's like to play dress up.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Washington, D.C. – A new piece of legislation was introduced in the House of Representatives, H. R. 378, labeled the Responsible Body Armor Possession Act, which if enacted would deprive law abiding citizens of another means of self defense. Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

Get em while you can.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Won't pass. I checked on GA...seems it's

Like many states, Georgia has a law in place that makes it illegal to wear body armor during the commission of a violent crime, or while trafficking drugs. This does not affect body armor retailers.

In Georgia, any adult can purchase and use a bulletproof vest, unless that adult has been convicted of a felony. Bulletproof vests and all other body armor can be purchased online or face-to-face.

Where you can sell body armor:
1. You can sell body armor to any person in a face-to-face transaction. No ID or background check is required and no special record keeping is needed.
2. You can ship body armor to 49 states. Sales to customers in Connecticut can only be done via face-to-face transaction.
3. You can sell body armor via a store, gun show, website, via the phone or catalog.

Where you cannot sell body armor:
1. You cannot sell body armor to Connecticut via the mail.
2. You cannot ship, take, bring, or send body armor outside the USA without Federal permission.

[Link]

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Some people do.

Full load out.

Lot of wanna be's like to play dress up.

Yep, Operator want to bes, Sounds like he is a want a be cop as well.

At the link is a picture of his "arsenal" (they stack ammo boxes around the handful of firearms to make the pile look big, LOL)

Like one rifle and 6 pistols / revolvers. (They call THIS stockpiling... LOL)

edit on 5-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This guy is in deep doo doo...

In NY of all states to be driving around with that, AND impersonating a Federal Air Marshal?

Won't have to worry about him for a long while...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

All the weapons are lawfully owned.

Are you sure about that? I'm thinking the suppressed AR would be a no no in NY.

Seven illegal firearms, three high-capacity magazines and 8,300 rounds of ammunition were found in the 49-year-old’s SUV and Syosset home after an exhaustive search, police confirmed.

Source of the source.
edit on 0520151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You can't charge people with a crime they haven't committed. People have rights until they violate the rights of others. Thought crimes don't count (unless you live in Angela Merkel's Germany at least).
edit on 2015/12/5 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
ar-15's are not assault rifles.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

There is no such thing as an 'assault rifle'. It is a construct of people that are trying to take away guns.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Oh good, he had a bunch of steroids too. The guns themselves don't bother me at all, the rest of the story does though. You don't have to have a link to terrorists to be up to no good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join