It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested at Holland Tunnel with cache of weapons on way to New York

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes, I read the links. I'm just unsure of those states laws regarding the weapons.
I understand that they aren't very lax in that area, but I also was under the impression that with the right licenses and taxes, these are still legal.

I'm just asking for someone familiar with the area to explain to me what they did wrong besides having a badass truck and and some sweet gear.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I zoomed in on the windshield and saw no cracks as well. Kinda odd.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Not terrorism related with all those weapons,

What were they going to do...dance around a Maypole, and give high fives? Meh! I guess that's happened before.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

So is there actually any indication that they did anything illegal other than have a cracked windshield

The clips would be a violation, as they are illegal.

New Jersey prohibits the manufacture, transportation, shipment, sale or disposal of any large capacity ammunition magazine, unless the magazine is intended to be used for authorized military or law enforcement purposes.1 New Jersey defines “large capacity ammunition magazine” as a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly into a semi-automatic firearm.2

smartgunlaws.org...

And the officer said he saw a clip while looking in a window which would give them the probable cause for a search.

I am also going to bet that one if not more are not legal to have in NJ...here is a list of those guns.

en.wikipedia.org...-Capacity_Magazine.22_ban

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not buying it…The ol broken taillight, bald tires, cracked windshield ploy. The criminals make sure of these things before setting out, so they don't draw attention. And the cops don't ever tell how they knew ahead of time. I'll tell you how I do, they intersected them at or after a tunnel, thats making sure they can funnel them to a trapping point.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That is what they call a" Cache of weapons" that's a damn puny little cache of weapons. Just hold the hell on here, 1 AR type rifle, 1 shotgun of legal length, 4 small caliber pistols and a bunch of knives. That does not a cache make. That's more the three's personal stuff. Really.
edit on 21-6-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So, the transportation of said equipment was illegal

Also, I didn't see any clips in the pic nor does the law prohibit clips.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Anyone bother to google "higher ground tactical" ??

Anyone.... ??

Hint: it's an indoor shooting range...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Gee...let me guess...the upper right corner has "heroin dealer"...above the weapons. Good clue that the fuzz has nabbed bad guys (and girl) selling drugs and guns!

Also BS on the cops... police pulled their vehicle over at the toll plaza for a cracked windshield ... nope, don't believe this came down from a cracked windshield...not a chance. Every happy to see the fuzz get the bad guys but give us a break and come up with a better story as to how and why they nabbed these scum bags.

Here is an idea...tell the truth.

CHeers

Yip, Dont buy it either. If you are transporting a cache of weapons like this you make sure the transportation is sound and secure. ie, no cracked windscreen for starters. Be as well running with no plates.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Yes I did, that's why I'm questioning the point of the story here.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly they did wrong.

Apparently they aren't allowed to transport high cap mags in NJ.

Everything that I've read on them paints them as a fairly responsible company and well aware of laws.

Although, the company that I found is out of Penn. so maybe they weren't aware of the laws regarding NJ, but I somehow doubt that.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: boomstick88

Where the hell do you see 4 1911's?? I see what may possibly be a single 1911, if at all. Everything else seems about right.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's always a good idea to not blend in when transporting contraband. lol.

I suspect they don't see many of those heading into the city.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The criminals make sure of these things before setting out, so they don't draw attention.

No they all don't. How do you think many get caught...because they have traffic violations that they get stopped for.

And the cops don't ever tell how they knew ahead of time.

Because they don't usually know...most get lucky when they get criminals during a traffic stop.

I'll tell you how I do, they intersected them at or after a tunnel, thats making sure they can funnel them to a trapping point.

Or they actually had police officers doing their jobs and saw a violation which brought them to find what they had. But that doesn't make it conspiratorial enough for some I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hint: it's an indoor shooting range...

In Pennsylvania...not NY city.

They weren't heading towards PA when they got caught...so it really doesn't matter what it is.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Where the hell do you see 4 1911's??

Don't question an ATS firearms expert.

Anyway, they would probably be lucky if they got a few rocks for that cache. Make me wonder if most the underground gun network isn't all that great. Watch the police find a body on one of the hand guns.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Yup a shooting ranged based in PA.

I'm also wondering what they where pulled over for. It does not look like a truck someone would let get out of shape. Maybe a tail light. Also if they have a range name on the truck I don't see why they would show any sign of being worried with weapons in the car. If they go enough to the range to put the range name on the truck, they should be used to it by now.

But really with how it was all over the truck it looks like a shop ad truck, most likely someone that worked there or the owner. Should keep an eye on the ranges web site and facebook we might get more details.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Drugs were in the vehicle along with the guns, according to one law enforcement official. One of the suspects allegedly told authorities the trio was en route to Queens to try to save a friend who is on heroin and being held against her will. Police are looking for the possible woman in Queens.

Link

I thought drugs were illegal. Maybe we need to pass some laws to make that stuff illegal. There is a drug epidemic in this country...
/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Doom and Gloom

Well I suppose that explains it a bit.

Still not sure why the hell that clip in your link tried to make it sound so 'scary'.

Also, in the full pic of the weapons, the ammo can says "Shoot Your Local Heroin Dealer"

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Weren't being very discrete now we're they?

link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Also, I didn't see any clips in the pic nor does the law prohibit clips.

Um the table in the OP pic is shown with them...and yes the law does prohibit large capacity clips, anything over 15 rounds.

Look at the one that has the America sticker on it...that hold more than 15 rounds.

And this also is banned...

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:

Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine.

en.wikipedia.org...-Capacity_Magazine.22_ban

Look at the OP pic again and you see a shotgun with telescoping stock, it has a pistol grip...two big no no's for NJ.

They may be legal in PA that doesn't mean they can be possessed in NJ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join