It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have the worlds most useless Psychic ability

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or jokes or puns, but I swear on my mothers grave (or scattered ashes) this is true.

Believe it or not, when I think of a scene from the Simpsons, the episode with that scene will be broadcasted in a few days. This has happened to me many times, for instance one time I was reminiscing about the 'steamed hams' gag and the next night that episode was broadcasted. I'm no statistician but the odds of thinking of a single joke among hundreds and then said joke is shown on TV days later are astronomical. I can't predict the future or lottery numbers but for some reason I can think of a Simpsons gag and that will come to me.

Laugh if you want; I will laugh with you as it sounds ridiculous to me as well. Has anyone else experienced what I will call 'Television precognition?'

edit on 21-6-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or jokes or puns, but I swear on my mothers grave this is true.

Believe it or not, when I think of a scene from the Simpsons, the episode with that scene will be broadcasted in a few days. This has happened to me many times, for instance one time I was reminiscing about the 'steamed hams' gag and the next night that episode was broadcasted. I'm no statistician but the odds of thinking of a single joke among hundreds and then said joke is shown on TV days later are astronomical. I can't predict the future or lottery numbers but for some reason I can think of a Simpsons gag and that will come to me.

Laugh if you want; I will laugh with you as it sounds ridiculous to me as well. Has anyone else experienced what I will call 'Television precognition?'

Not that I am denying your psychic ability but

I use to work with a fella who could randomly sing a song before it would be
Played on the radio, he thought he was so special and clever

What would actually happen is the announcer would say
Up next is a song from dire straights, he would start humming money for nothing, or the announcer would say up next Australian crawl and he would hum reckles, then reckless their popular song at that time would come on
When I told him it was a ligh bulb moment

Now are you seeing advertisements of upcoming programes

Outside of that guess, if you arnt, cool ability or ridiculous, either

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes, ill think you'll find its far more common than you actually think, lol ive had it most of my lif, yet im not limited to just 1 tv program, if i thinks, speak with a friend about anything from films to certain tv episodes then they are 8/10 times on tv within the week

Im not joking either, this is very common from my experiences amongst my friends and family, even happens when i talk about someone then they text or ring me.

Im not only limited to this tho as I've accepted it and opened myself up to it. I can see future events before they happen and when i speak about someones future im usually 90% correct. Also i see big world events before they happen, but im not willing to get into that on here to be ridiculed by idiots with no clue to their ttue potential.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I guess Bruce Campbell will have to assign you to the sidekick group.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It isn't a power. You are somehow linked to someone who is working setting up the schedule for the programs. Or even someone just looking up the schedule of the programs to see what is coming on. A sort of subconscious link between those of a kind. It is hard to control though, although the government has been studying this for so long, they might have succeeded already.

It is a sort of communication between those of a kind. Many animals have this collective consciousness link but we are told we do not possess it, that we have lost it through evolution. At least that is what they want us to think as they study how to control us by utilizing it. It is better that we are not aware that we are being controlled.

Think about all the coincidences in your life, are they really coincidences?
edit on 21-6-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can't tell you how many times I think about someone and then they call me that same day.
It's called synchronicity, we are all connected and we are all one.

Deal with it if you dare.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Obviously, you are a witch and must be burned at the stake.

Sorry.

Witch.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've been aware of the suspect and subversive nature of Television for years and I don't fall for the Advertisements or the bogus hype. What happens is unknown-this has been happening for years now and it bothers me-the scientist in me says it should not be possible but the esoteric man in me says "What you talking about science?"

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That's great,

I will have a song on my mind and it will come on the radio, or a old movie, that will come on the TV

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One time back in the early 90's I was home on leave from Germany. A friend of mine that I grew up with, who also joined the Army and was also stationed in Germany at the time, also came home for leave the same month I did. It was a coincidence that we both took leave at the same time, but it worked out for us. But there is more...

We would hang out during the day when out friends and family were working. We'd often watch Ren and Stimpy. One day we were talking while the show was on and I said to him, "I'd love to hear the Royal Canadian Mounted Yaksman song again!" As soon as the words left my mouth, a whale jumped out of the water in the cartoon and started singing the song. Neither of us had ever seen that episode before and had no idea it was about to happen.

Still one of the freakiest coincidences I have ever experienced.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think you are recollecting skits on TV media from a variety of subliminal inputs

plus, most everything 'cycles'... including TV repeats, their air time are put into a menu months ahead of time..

I think your picking up subconscious clues of TV cycles...connecting-the-dots... and internalizing a memory trigger such as --- the time & conditions are in favor of reliving the Simpsons episode #___ ~~~ and in the next 72 hours that Simpsons show appears...
that is something akin to the RV remote-viewing, of finding the answer to an unknown target...but in a whacky inside-out method

bottom line, your talent isn't useless, you just haven't discovered the intrinstic value

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If you "think of a scene from the Simpsons" that has not yet been on TV then you will get me intrested.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You funny!

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

As a songwriter we've discussed this. It seems that when a song is created..or an idea...show etc....when it enters the cosmos or greater"all"...others can and do pick up on it.

With me? I start humming a song...15-20 seconds later it comes on. Somehow, we tap into the "greater consciousness...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Your TV is programming you. Stop looking at the TV. This is known as subliminal television advertising. It's not precognition. The TV station broadcasts images of upcoming shows, before they are aired, and the viewer unconsciously absorbs these images without being aware, and then subconsciously begins to look forward to the show happening, and starts thinking and longing to see the show. Sometimes the "advance clips" are deliberately sent visually to the conscious mind, and you actually see a clip of the upcoming show appear, like during the advert segments, so are aware of the show coming up. But, most of the time the "advance clips" are sent between video frames, so only your subconscious mind sees them. Either way, you begin to "anticipate" the show being aired.

The use of "subliminal messages" in film and movie making is as old as the film industry itself. They have been used to get people to buy products, used to enhance the viewing experience in horror scenes, used to shape public opinion on some topic, to get people to vote for some political candidate, and all sorts of things. People have sued the movie industry over these things, and there's lots of controversy about the legality of the practice.

Whatever your position on the subject, just be aware that "it exists".

Sorry, if you thought you had psychic powers. But, without that TV, the mysterious powers disappear.

That should be a big clue, where the real source of the precognition is coming from.

edit on 21-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I blame the Simpsons for all the evil everywhere, so stop thinking!!

Buahhhhahahahaaaaa.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As soon as I saw the thread title I thought, "this must be about the Simpsons".

I do the EXACT same thing and have been for at least 15 years if not more, only with the Simpsons though.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

For Valentine's day 2016 my wife bought Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on Blu-ray for me. We celebrated Feb. 13th and that night I popped in Ghostbusters 2 (hadn't seen it in years) and a few minutes till midnight (Valentine's day proper) both our jaws hit the floor when the "psychic" lady on Bill Murray's psychic talk show says "I believe the end of the world will be February 14th 2016" hahahahahaha talk about synchronicity!!
edit on 21-6-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have an odd sort of thing that happens to me, too.

At least once a week, I think of a completely random thing I haven't thought about in years and then within 2 days, 2 or 3 different people talk to me about the same thing, or it pops up in a tv show.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Television is essentially a Dark Mirror....
edit on 21-6-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join