It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a small sample of my latest pottery pieces

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
These are a few simulated "wood piles" I made for a friends railroad diorama. They came out rather well actually.

This piece was a test of adding lug handles to a shallow bowl I made over a slump mold. It was some scrap left over slab at the time, so I figured I would use it as a test of different patterns using red-iron oxide and cobalt blue accents. Frankly, I think it looks like crap. But, out of fairness to all the great praise so far, I would be remiss if I didn't also show some of my "less awesome" work too.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I was in the 90s fan films of horror , made of clay face of Freddy Krueger, entered the plant for firing ceramic tiles, placed on the conveyor in the oven. end badly, this nit caught hooked nose, spoiled more than 40 meters of tiles and exploded. I gave up the idea of ​​making a mask, but stencil
for my work clothes remained as a memory of the 90s

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just another good job comment! I think your work is wonderful, and I especially liked the test tiles for the simple fact that the colors stained(?) well. It also feels like the testing tiles are a frozen moment of the creative process. They represent where you were at the moment. As a VERY amateur painter, I feel like the finished product is nice, but the tedious road getting there makes the end result much more worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Krakatoa

Very cool.

Do you need a special oven for those?

I built my own pottery kiln. It is propane fired, and these pieces were fired up to approx 1800F over a 6hr period.

Lovely pieces and I too took ceramics courses, but find working in this medium too labour intensive. I am very interested in learning how you constructed the kiln, because I might want to try my hand at glass slumping (fusing) and the type of fusing I am interested in happens at 1700F, and find recycled glass to lessen labour time.
edit on 19-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Really nice pottery. I would love to be able to make similar things like this, considering pottery is the most beautiful method of art and that of proper use, serves a purpose. I think your style is very beautiful in your ideas.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
now...wait a minute.....i'll be the judge here on this....brb, let me go looky.......

FLAGG...so, I wanna try this....trencher is a casserole....or server...huh !
edit on 19-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Very nice work!

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
you do work that could easily be monetized.

Very, very nice.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Amazing ! How do u create the color u want ?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I might have more pieces to show next week. I am hoping to have a kiln firing this weekend of the weather hold out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join