It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euro 2016 - General Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Thank you!! (Icelander here) but it will definitely be an interesting match up. The big old England vs. Small us...their media is EXPECTING them to win. Most people I see online posting do too and their players probably do too...this is a classic David vs. Goliath battle and as the old Icelandic saying goes...we're going to show them where David bought the Ale

I expect the pressure will get to them. We're not finished...all tournament I've had a feeling we'd face England and take them out and what do you know?? that unexpected winning goal vs. Austria made that match up happen in the 94th minute. We're in for a great game. BREXIT will be interesting and it's going to be (again) interesting to see how the Brits deal with it...but another thing, they're in for a different type of BREXIT next Monday night!

*EDIT..forgot...also wanted to say, I think Italy will do good vs. Spain. Might win. Everybody will be refreshed too...Spain doesn't have the same winning mentality as Italy. You guys are always a problem...might as well go and take the tournament!
edit on VAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Jun 2016 22:51:43 -050043America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

we're going to show them where David bought the Ale

I like that, lol.
Most of my brit acquaintances aren't too confident on England winning, certainly they lack the passion and team spirit Iceland has. But who knows if the Brexit win could change that, it's possible.
Either way we are in for an interesting knockout stage.
Skál!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
lol.

The first 1.5 minutes of todays games was more interesting then the games of yesterday combined.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Qrt finals stage: winner of Poland - Portugal will play winner of Wales - Belgium, and winner of Germany - Italy to play winner of France - Iceland, in the semis.
So who do you guys think will reach the finals? My bet is on a either Portugal or Belgium vs Germany final.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives
This looks like the year of the small countries.
Wales v Iceland.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
lol another fast opening

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wow, Portugal are absolutely fluking it.

They played some good stuff tonight at times, but looked distinctively poor in the finishing department.

They may just win the whole thing whilst playing below par. 5 games, 5 draws in normal time, could it be their year?
edit on 30/6/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Not willing to place any bets on it but I support the underdog.

Iceland all the way!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Go Wales!

Belgium's back line is weak! The dreadlock guy needs to be run at. Wales has this!

Tied 1-1 at half.

-TEOT
edit on 1-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The euros are always better entertainment than the World Cup. It's the best teams minus the fodder you get in the World Cup.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

And the BPL imo.

2-1 Wales!

(*sings*
It's gone quiet over there
It's gone quiet over there
Its gone quiet, its gone quiet, oh
Its gone quiet over there!)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There it is!!!!!

Wales!

edit on 1-7-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: iam drunk

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I want a Wales - Iceland final.

Then they both have won either way

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This has been about teamwork (Euro 2016).

Iceland -Wales would be awesome!

Fellaini is over rated, always has been. Now he will be a "has been"!

Wales 3 - Belgium 1

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Wow, what a feat for Wales! I feel sorry for the belgians, their goal was amazing though. But Wales truly deserved it, a solid team, only losing to England on the group stage.
And now to Italy beating world champions Germany tomorrow, and Iceland winning against France. I'd be happy with that

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I have to be honest and admit that I have never, ever cheered on any of the other Home Nations in any sport.
I like it when we beat any other Home Nation and I've always taken it hard when one of them beat us.

But I find myself rooting for Wales in this tournament and genuinely wish that they go all the way.

Wales has exceptionally close links with England.
Many people comment on the things that divide us but there are many, many other things that bind us together with a bond that will never be broken.

Wales showed their solidarity with England in Lille and in the recent referendum.

This Welsh team have defied the odds from the outset.
Few gave them any chance - I know I didn't.
But they've shown what a team can do when there is a tremendous sense of togetherness, a shared purpose and aim, clear tactics where each individual player knows his own role and responsibility and willingness to go that extra yard for each other and the team.

I never thought I'd say these words but I passionately hope that Wales go all the way, (I sincerely hope I haven't put the mockers on them!).

And as a slight aside - how good would it be if Wales faced Iceland in The Final -what a massive shock to all the overpaid, egotistical, overrated, namby pamby so called superstars that would be...and a massive two fingered salute to the administrators who are taking this game away from real, genuine fans.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Italy v Germany...

Not certain who to root for! Both are great teams and either is capable of moving forward. A real conundrum. So... Italy I guess

And "yes" to Iceland-Wales final!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Twelve mins in... the ref is letting things go.

This is gonna be epic!

(Have German tourist behind me... so can't be extra loud)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Germany will not get it done trying to fly balls over Italy's backline!

Nil-nil at the half.

Second (extra?) will be awesome!

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Look what happens running at the D!

Deflections.

Germany 1 - nil at 69 mins

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join