It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have coffee for blood...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I told a member that I liked coffee, and it's true. I do. It is pretty much in my hand all day long from 5am until 3pm. Cold brew, hot brew, hand ground or with my electric burr grinder.

Who else is SERIOUS about their COFFEE?

I drink all kinds, but I don't think I'd pay $16 for a cup! NO! What about you guys? Check this out:

Blue Bottle has just announced its new offering: Port of Mokha coffee, sourced from Yemen, which apparently is the birthplace of coffee in the Western world. Blue Bottle is known for its sourcing of rare coffee varietals, but this one may take the cake. That's because the brand is offering one cup of the brew for a whopping $16 — yes, that's one dollar more than the first offensive-to-some $15 cup.

Article

Now I own a french press, espresso machine (15 bars) and several other gizmos and gadgets. I get my beans locally roasted...I haven't started roasting my own..YET!

But $16? No thank you...I don't think I could buy that! I'd go BROKE!

What about you guys, do we have other coffee snobs in ATS?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The best part of waking up is Folgers in my cup.

So... No. But I admire your fancy addiction.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Love a coffee in the morning.

Just now I'm trying Carte Noire Espresso £4-5, before was Carte Noire whole bean instant £4, also Nescafe Azera Americano is good £3-5.

i try different ones each time, can't remember most of them, usually would go to Starbucks but like the ones I've mentioned as being better.

Had to edit, although that 16 dollar coffee maybe brilliant I'm not paying that price, well not yet anyway maybe make my way to it lol.
edit on 11-6-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I used to love coffee. I wrote a thread about coffee and quit coffee. www.abovetopsecret.com... Now I read your thread and I miss coffee. Nice thread. Thank you

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I love coffee, hot, cold, ice. Love the taste and the aroma. About 10 years ago I developed an allergy to coffee. Damn I miss coffee.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I love coffee flavored coffee. Black, hot and all day every day. And lots of it.

Keep your foo foo and fancy crap. Keep your K-cups they're inefficient.

Give me a $12 Mr. Coffee and I'm a happy camper for 10 years.

Coffee coffee coffee.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
I love coffee, hot, cold, ice. Love the taste and the aroma. About 10 years ago I developed an allergy to coffee. Damn I miss coffee.

Cheers - Dave

Have you ever tried ORGANIC coffee??? Maybe that may help?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I love coffee too.
I probably drink 4 cups of regular drip coffee and about 5 lattes every day.

I f'n love coffee.

Desert Island, coffee or alcohol?
For me it'd be coffee all the way.

I've got refillable pods for my nespresso.
A can of Cafe Bustelo per week.

Drinking a latte right now

mmmm. god this tastes good
edit on 11-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I love coffee perked; the old fashioned way. No other coffee ever tastes as good. Tried every expensive fancy kind and still prefer it in my 25-year-old perculator. Now that's devotion.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
II tthink III mmmay nneed ttto cccutt dddown ooon mmmy cccoffee ddrrinking.
Yeah, I love the stuff. All day, I got a cup in hand. I work outside a lot and in the heat, I go with Gatorade or water, but as soon as I get back in the house and cooled down in the afternoon, I get a cup.
I like it STRONG. I mean the kind that stains the cup and won't come out, even with bleach.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

i like a good french press. or a nice espresso. i drink coffee for about 12 hours a day. dark roast coffees are so low on caffeine that there's really no effect.

i mostly just drink the "Cafe Ole" brand of french roast coffee, or their Sumatra variety, in my keurig. It makes a nice bold cup of hot coffee that is no frills, no hassle, no fuss. Perfect for work. I can brew a cup while doing other stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Le mud-bean water.. hate coffee...

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You sound like my hubby - I joke that he should just get an IV for the stuff, as much as he drinks some days! Me, more than a cup makes me jittery, though other caffeinated drinks don't do the same.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Coffee is part of my morning process. I use a moka pot, or macchinetta and use inexpensive Café Bustelo - a Cuban blend. It is already in espresso cut, so it makes a hearty and robust fog-lifter. One cup, but that's actually a quaduple espresso. Pretty much lasts all day.

Never have related to designer coffees. I've tried a few when I lived in the San Francisco area, and never could appreciate the difference, so have given them a pass since. Whatever blows people's hair back. Fancy coffee is not my thing. Coffee is vital. I have at least a dozen bricks of Cafe La Llave espresso packed away in our emergency hurricane supplies. Stack them in a running bond and they take up less room.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm not going to lie! I have one of these!

It doesn't work perfectly -- but for on-the-go-trips...it DOES make a DECENT cup of "joe".

It is also cheaper than buying espresso on the go when one is on a road trip...!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
49th Parallel coffee. They have some delicious drip coffee.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Coffee sucks! I drink almond juice only!

Sarcasm off.

French press is the best. Any leftovers go in the stout in the morning.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I treat coffee as any other useful drug. Taste is not much of an issue to me just the caffeine.
If you drink as much as you say then it's just a caffeine addiction dressed up as a coffee connoisseur.
But yeah pretend it's all about the taste if you like...I bet the many cups you drink are not de-caff lol

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I was a professional Barista for a long time. I take my coffee seriously.

There is not a moment in the day that I don't have coffee with me.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm a serious coffee drinker. Always used to be tea for me, and I do drink green tea.

But nothing compares to the caffeine rush of a good espresso or strong cappuccino.

Cold coffee?? Nah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join