It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Still can't let go huh?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hey I'm a millenial and I was a professional fighter like a ton of other millenials I know right now.

It's not even an everybody wins sport it's an everybody loses sport and the UFC are boxing are bigger than ever.

In fact there are multiple training facilities packed with millenials in almost every town across the country.

It's just more, "the young people suck" talk from old people who resist change.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I experience it every day in my own life. No peer-review needed to know which way the wind is blowing.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
Dont worry it will soon be your turn to say "young people suck"

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Not looking forward too it.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Its the revenge all us old ones take on the young ones.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: angeldoll

Still can't let go huh?

I really don't know what you mean. But since you are being so hard on 'snowflakes', let me ask you a question.

What would you call a person, (and I can choose my word here, from 'resent', "despise" "disdain" and among other words have selected the word "offend".

What would call a person who is offended by,

*Mexicans living near them, and the idea of Mexicans and other South Americans being able to cross our borders?
*Offended by Muslims and Islam in general, and being offended by the fact they are being permitted to enter our country?
* Older people who have good jobs they are good at and like, and make a good salary, and choose to remain in the work force because they want to?
*Kids who HAVE been able to go to college, and are now entering the work force. Kids with their own ideas, needs and wants.
*A person who time and time again seems resentful that because of poor choices made in the past, does not have the life they want, and blames everybody else for it.

What would call such a person? Would you call that person "a snowflake"?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

ats is no better.

i had an avatar removed because it was a picture of actor from a movie pointing a gun outwards.

it was a "offensive" and "threatening" to some on ats.

but hey the mods got to cater to the special snowflakes on ats right?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

ats is no better.

i had an avatar removed because it was a picture of actor from a movie pointing a gun outwards.

That is gun handling etiquette, everyone learns that at the gun club - never point a gun at anyone. What was your intent with that pic?
edit on 9-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Is this true or are you being sarcastic? I hate to think it is true.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

No, I now want to be a snowflake and be catered to.

edit on 9-6-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

No one was pointing a gun at anyone, if it is true, it was just a picture.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck

No one was pointing a gun at anyone, if it is true, it was just a picture.

What was the intent behind it, is what I want to know.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

ats is no better.

Please remember that the MODs here have to find a balance that keeps us and the advertiser happy since that is what pays the bills, well in real life its what keeps the advertiser happy
edit on 9-6-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Sorry old girl, old age is closing in on you FAST

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Sorry old girl, old age is closing in on you FAST

Well then, I can always use the excuse in saying "Sorry, I'm old". There should be no backlash from that statement.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I can't speak for him, but I will go out on a limb and say it just has to do with his Username. If it were a picture added specifically to a post, I could see there possibly being malicious intent. But an avatar picture is just that an avatar picture.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baldryck

I can't speak for him, but I will go out on a limb and say it just has to do with his Username. If it were a picture added specifically to a post, I could see there possibly being malicious intent. But an avatar picture is just that an avatar picture.

One picture is worth a thousand words, ever hear that one?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I have run into similar and worse behaviour from people in their 30's, 40's and 50's.

Nothing to do with age or 'Generation Snowflake' and everything to do with individual stupidity.

I have run into similar behavior. There is a difference in that the youngsters "don't play well with others" as a colleague puts it. They see themselves as equal to the entire institution which employs them.

At a period review, one of the changes planned in the PIP (performance improvement plan), is for the worker to go ahead and show up at 7:30 a.m., as stated in his job description. The employee says they don't like driving in rush-hour, and so they cannot be at work before 9:15. HR points out that other units at the firm (i.e. contract fulfillment) needs the task completed by 10:00 a.m. Since it is taking the employee a bit over 2 hours to do the work needed at 10, they'd like him to show up in time to complete his work. (i.e., do his job).

And he says that's not reasonable.

The among the younger workers, there is no ... empathy... for the plight of the employer, who is trying to fill orders and deliver for the customer. Now, bad workers of all ages have trouble with it. The difference is, the folks under 30 AS A GROUP have trouble believing the firm exists for any other purpose than making a direct deposit into their bank accounts on the 15th of every month. They actually say things like "It's irrelevant that you have the title of 'production manager.' I work here too, and I'm just as important as anyone else who draws a paycheck here."

We can fix that, kid.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That's it, right there.

Generation snowflake has a disproportionate and unwarranted belief in the importance of their own individual experience.

"My feelings."

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join