It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRIGGER WARNING Meet ‘Generation Snowflake’

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

All of this talk of snowflakes makes me think of an interesting movie I watched on Netflix a while back, called Pontypool. It's a horror flick, but it's smart.

Great movie.

I agree. We are all infected. Some are carriers and some are terminal, but none of us is immune.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I agree...underneath the title the article prefaces

British thinktank boss says mollycoddled kids are breaking down in tears when asked to deal with controversial ideas

I agree to an extent with what others are saying, people are way too sensitive nowadays...the pc era...I think it's from online/televised political propaganda. We've argued so much all over the internet for years, we've been changed, completely different. In social media and online forums you can accidentally fall into a cyber bullying situation over a differing opinion. Before the onslaught of social media, you lived your life in "peace and quiet" and rarely encountered such hostility.

Back to the OP there has been lots of propaganda social engineering from airbrushed magazine covers to Disney films to abortion rights to salaries. I think there are some threads on here, "the attack on women." Second of all there really are a lot fewer celebrities or leaders to look up to for inspiration in a variety of talents. The majority of our celebrities and leaders are a talented in one thing...while a lot of them break the law, push ignorance, and keep the vast majority of their wealth to themselves. So people for these groups to rebel while they are a product of the government's plan. At the same time censoring everything originally started from major corporations not allowing other's to use their copyrighted material. Some how this corporate culture got in the minds of young people, probably through subliminal messaging.

The author and head of think thank Claire Fox is right...things need to be discussed in a civilized way instead of saying no I just disagree.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I feel offended by these people. How about that for being offended?

If I ever have the chance to meet one of these types of people in person I'll make sure I offend them with every word that comes out of my mouth.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I have been talking about this with my friends for a long time and here it is; it even has a name! "Generation Snowflake"

Our version was the young (below age of 26ish) gets offended by any f'ing thing. And guess what; I too never ever hold my words back from them. These people punish you with unfollowing you from social media etc. like we care. These talk from your back; plot stuff; try to manipulate other people's thoughts about you.

The interesting fact about those (yea I call them "those") they haven't improved their awareness and they have no idea if you hear them talking about you even 2 meters near you. They have a sight problem as well; they have no idea if you will notice them talking about you because "those" even if they are more than 2 people look right into your eyes or even turn their heads towards you while talking about you.

Another one; these people think the number of followers you have is your "status". The money you have is your status and if you follow the "fashion" trends they think you are cool. If you dress like you want they think you are out of place or old-fashioned.

They are also attention seekers plus if you give them attention they use this to climb up among their social group hierarchy by ignoring you or giving you a negative comment about it in front of his/her people. If they are alone; they appreciate it. If they are not; they use it by all means. They have a lack of appreciation understanding. If you compliment them; there is a high risk of them getting offended also!

When it comes to friendships; they are usually friends with people which they can get benefits from and they think this is natural. This is valid for both sides. Thats how they saw on TV and how they learned from their short past via the new common sense of their surroundings.

Another one: They are fake as hell. They have no intention of educating themselves in their free time. Only thing they do is to get high 7/24 and drink or go after sex. They do not read. They only read or learn stuff if it is needed to get attention of the opposite sex or their social group.

To me, this is disgusting.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join