It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of black rapists who also only got 6 months.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Maybe, but then you also cannot deny the deterioration of black culture either.

It's not like they're perfect angels.

So the problem becomes, how much is actual animus, how much is their own cultural rot creating the problem, and how much is a societal bias created by the cultural rot (ie, we know what ghetto blacks tend to behave like - gangs, etc. - so we tend to be cynical about it)?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Any of these topics about privilege are way to oversimplified. They are couched in the Marxists philosophy that some of us are oppressors, and some are oppressed. The truth is all of us are part oppressor/oppressed.

First off, it is proven without a shadow of a doubt that the group that gets the harshest sentences is men. Women almost always get less time for the same crime. So does that mean we should all be screaming about the sexism of the justice system, or does only race matter?

Secondly, it is proven that most criminals attack there own race, ie blacks attack blacks, whites attack whites and so on. So one way to look at it could be that the court more harshly punishes ATTACKERS of blacks.

Third, as I pointed out on the thread about this case, the reason that this guy only got 6 months is because the way the law is written in California is crazy and according to it the criminal didn't meet the standard for rape, only sexual assault.

Fourth, as has been pointed out on this thread, being wealthy is far more important than skin color in regards to getting away with a crime.

Fifth, I can point to hundreds of examples of people of color getting away with crimes in public, such as riots, knock out game, etc. If the law is so anti black, why do they not throw the book at these cases?

Lastly, the legal system is only one area of the world. Even if there is white privilege here, there is black privilege in other areas, such as news coverage, academia, culture, politics, etc (also there can be white privilege in those areas too). Lets be honest, your race or gender or sexual preference can be a benefit in some situations, and be a liability in others. To simplify it as being white is always privileged is incorrect, and seems to have an agenda behind it.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think it's that complicated. Blacks were slaves. They were discouraged from retaining their original old culture. They were free but then segregated basically until the mid sixties.

After that violent racist murdering continued for about a decade in double digit stats.

No culture are perfect angels. However if the arts and entertainment industry did the same and promoted hillbilly culture and meth dealers there also may be social subliminal effects.

The fact that proper reparations were never made is an issue that has bothered many presidents and people interested in American ideals of freedom and liberty. How many blacks are alive today who lived through segregation? How many of their kids? These are massive social issues we basically ignored thinking the civil rights legislation was all we needed.

I am not big on hand outs. If you read libertarian philosophers and economists who I believe are the last classical liberals who really understand the meaning of the constitution they talk a lot about the massive injustice of slavery and the need for reparations. Not just for blocks but for all liberty based violations. Thats why several of the economists actually think a form of a Guaranteed Income makes sense morally. If an injustice was done to you you have some money to help start a better life.

Anyhow that's off topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Oh, no, blacks had better, more stable, more coherent culture right up until the Great Society. For one thing, they tended to have nuclear families with actual fathers in the house. They prized education.

These things are gone now.

Most blacks grow up in single parent homes and have for more than one generation. They no longer prize education; it is "acting white."

These two things along with others have taken an appreciable toll.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Uh no being wealthy over the whole scale is not a bigger factor. When 1 in 15 black men are in jail vs 1 in 106 whites your statements dony make sense. Corresponding with a 700 percent increase in incarcerations right after the civil rights legislation. That number actually out paced crime. Do you get what that means?

Again it may not be white privilege because yeah poor white guys get thrown the book too. Statistically still not even close to the same rate for the same crimes.

Even in schools same thing.

Voting well lots of black felons thanks to the drug laws.

Pay far less for same work on average. Double bad for black women.

Yeah we should be screaming about sexism too. Though there is an 800 percent increase in female prisoners Again unproportionally black.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This is a good point. How much is a stigma based on behavior? and how much is a stigma based on bigotry? I think 60 years ago it was probably the latter, but as of today the statistics don't lie. That culture is in a tail spin with no end in sight, it's sad because modern society is dishing out so many extra benefits that other cultures don't get and its still not working. It's like giving a friend a head start just to see the ran the opposite way on the track.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Go try to teach in an inner city school, especially in a middle or high school, and then get back to me on how much of this is all the rest of our faults.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, no, blacks had better, more stable, more coherent culture right up until the Great Society. For one thing, they tended to have nuclear families with actual fathers in the house. They prized education.

These things are gone now.

Most blacks grow up in single parent homes and have for more than one generation. They no longer prize education; it is "acting white."

These two things along with others have taken an appreciable toll.

I know but your missing the cause there see. It was the integration of blacks into white society that caused major problems.

I don't know where you live but I grew up in NE. I moved and lived in Texas for 15 Ok for 2 and now live in SC. There is definitely the most racism alive I have ever seen in SC. A place that many cities are 50/50 basically. Forcing racists to live side by side with blacks caused all kinds of blowback by racist politicians, racist business owners, racist cops.

I don't think you understand the magnitude of what that is like for black people. To be treated as dogs and second class people.

Strangely enough when ever I was in Europe particularly England I noticed black culture wasn't very different from white culture. Same clothes. Music tastes were similar. That could just be anecrdotal but they don't seem to have a seperate black culture nearly like the us.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It has been observed, by Thomas Sowell, that blacks should not be encouraged to have their own black culture because what they come up with does not work, but he mentions that the culture they have is not anything that is their own but is actually the culture of their owners which comes from the border area of England and Scotland and has never been a very successful culture, even for the whites who had it.

But which subset of American political thought encourages them to create and value this culture of theirs today even though it clearly is not a good one to have? It isn't the right who would like them to embrace the cultural values that have made many American of all ethnic values successful and productive.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

First off the op was about blacks getting harsher sentences for the same crimes. Again, men are most negatively affected, so where is the outrage there? www.huffingtonpost.com...

As far as incarceration rates, I am totally against the war on drugs which has sent many people to jail or prison. However, blacks do commit a hugely disproportionate amount of violent crimes. www.fbi.gov...

You do not give any sources to back up your claims, but even if they are true they imply blacks are being unjustly imprisoned all of the time, and this isn't true.

You didn't address how skin color gender etc. can be a benefit in some areas and a detriment in others. You didn't address the tons of examples of videos of black mob violence that results in almost no arrests.

The wage argument is ludicrous. If a person is paid less because of gender, skin color there are laws to sue those employers. These wage gap stats ignore the choices that individuals make, and instead just look at the average income of men vs women, or blacks vs white.

As a black individual, there are incentives to be allowed in workforces or schools such as quotas. www.forbes.com...

Again, you oversimplify by claiming white is always a privilege.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Interesting. I don't know.

Slavery was also illegal in much of Europe far before America. Locke was pretty instrumental in explaining how much of an injustice slavery is after the glorious revolution. Before then though it was already being discouraged in European cities even though as a nation they were part of the slave trades.

It's tough because like Mexican culture black culture in the us is very modern. The existing values from the older cultures exist a bit more in Mexico. The conquestidores did a number on the people though.

I dont have an opinion on what black people come up for culture. They were given a pressure cooker to live in thats tough for any culture particularly one who was in shackles previously. Things got worse after the civil rights movement because blacks were integrated in public and whites particularly in the south had violent reactions.

I don't think any culture would feel great about the momentum's of post card lynchings, black skin hand bags, and all the other monstrous wares still I'm circulation. (I used to go to a lot of flea markets. Lots of collectors for that stuff.

Seriously how would you feel in reverse? Can honestly say white culture as whole would just pick itself up by its boots straps?

I don't think so because i am not racist. I don't think white people are superior in anyway to blacks. I think if it were reversed we would see the same from whites.

Basically the blacks had a couple centuries nazi like repression. Including the siphulus expirements and radiation poisoning in st Louis.

Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment ("Tuskegee" = /tʌsˈkiːɡiː/)[1] was an infamous clinical study conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the U.S. Public Health Service studying the natural progression of untreated syphilis in rural African-American men in Alabama under the guise of receiving free health care from the United States government.[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

In the mid-1950s, and again a decade later, the Army used motorized blowers atop a low-income housing high-rise, at schools and from the backs of station wagons to send a potentially dangerous compound into the already-hazy air in predominantly black areas of St. Louis.

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 9-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Can you point out where I said white is always a privilege?

Was your mom forced to use another drinking fountain?

Just wondering how you dont see a correlation of massive injustice done to the blacks, them being treated as second class, and then bombarded with the war on drugs and poverty.

Sure there are laws now. We may see there effect in about 70 years or so as the succeeding generations loose their connection to the injustice period.

Black mobs? We're they hanging white woman, children, and men from trees. Like actual judges and cops taking part in it?

No.

Yes there is way to much emphasis on white privilege because that isn't the case. It institutional racism and thr lack of a proper pathway for integrating black culture into areas people don't like blacks. Which for a while was much of the country.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I found quite a few cases...

1) an Alabama police officer raped a woman with car trouble....he got 4 months...

2) a billionaire raped a 12 year old..6 months.

I know this won't be favorable on the site now days but you do have a point with sharing this. I believe that as well with many of the wrongly convicted people(for various claimed crimes) that ended up serving nearly life terms until they were DNA tested, etc- if even given that chance.

Also, partly has to do with class-ism, poorer areas have the cycle of crime and poverty. Some of the people have prior criminal records that are seemingly focused on when determining whether the person may be more likely a re peat offender.

Maybe making you need BOTH to be Ritch and white to get away with just about anything....

Or just rich all around. Class-ism at it's finest.

If you only have to be rich, where is the example of some black rich kid rapist, who got off with a slap on the wrist in a rape case???

I agree that it's better to be rich than white the majority of the time, for sure, but if that's the case, shouldn't there be examples we could point to?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Can you point out where I said white is always a privilege?

Was your mom forced to use another drinking fountain?

Just wondering how you dont see a correlation of massive injustice done to the blacks, them being treated as second class, and then bombarded with the war on drugs and poverty.

Sure there are laws now. We may see there effect in about 70 years or so as the succeeding generations loose their connection to the injustice period.

Black mobs? We're they hanging white woman, children, and men from trees. Like actual judges and cops taking part in it?

No.

Yes there is way to much emphasis on white privilege because that isn't the case. It institutional racism and thr lack of a proper pathway for integrating black culture into areas people don't like blacks. Which for a while was much of the country.

I just think white privledge isn't a great discription...really it's black discrimination.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Uh no being wealthy over the whole scale is not a bigger factor. When 1 in 15 black men are in jail vs 1 in 106 whites your statements dony make sense. Corresponding with a 700 percent increase in incarcerations right after the civil rights legislation. That number actually out paced crime. Do you get what that means?

Again it may not be white privilege because yeah poor white guys get thrown the book too. Statistically still not even close to the same rate for the same crimes.

Even in schools same thing.

Voting well lots of black felons thanks to the drug laws.

Pay far less for same work on average. Double bad for black women.

Yeah we should be screaming about sexism too. Though there is an 800 percent increase in female prisoners Again unproportionally black.

And blacks get multiples of the same sentence a white offender would get when convicted of the same crime.
edit on 9-6-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The problem is the solutions to institutional racism are hurting black people. The war on poverty has left many black communities totally dependent on government dollars, and as a result the many black communities are worse off today than they were during Jim Crow laws. You have even suggested giving blacks a guaranteed income on this thread as a form of reparations. This would make these communities even more dependent on government.

What happened to blacks in this country was atrocious, but to take away any blame from blacks in todays world and to say they need special incomes or privileges is treating them like children. This is a form of bigotry. I will hold black folks to the same standard I hold people of all colors.

Every culture throughout history has gone through horrible situations. Are Jews unable to fit into society because of the Holocaust? It is time to stop making excuses. You think it will take 70 more years before black culture can move beyond there treatment? That is absurd.

Black mobs are killing white women, men, and children. In fact, blacks are 27 times more likely to attack whites than vice versa, as shown on the doj fact sheet I posted above. This is institutionally sanctioned as the media and government make excuses for this behavior, and largely ignore it. In fact, "white" culture is almost universally criticized and blamed for all of the evils of the world. You mention separate water fountains, yet ironically it is now black groups particularly on campuses that are demanding there own spaces.

And stop acting like blacks are monolithic. In most areas of the US, whites have totally accepted blacks. The idea of white racism in today's world is vastly overblown. Yet groups like BLM and all of the black on white violence show many blacks hate whites. You trying to paint it as only a problem of innocent blacks wanting to fit in but racists whites not allowing them is a joke.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Man you create strawmans.

I was suggesting GI is given to everybody instead of benefits. Thats a whole different topic you can debate with me on an appropriate thread. There is a recent one in the very topic.

And I was explaining Milton Friedman and Hayeks suggestions. Both very respected economists.

medium.com...
Your other strawman is I say blacks are monolithic. I think I said the south.

Where yes racism is still all over.

Did you read the siphulus expirements. They were done until 1972 in Alabama.

Your arguement is inherently racist.

They do all this because they are black and racism is overblown.

Not when it's inherent in the social system itself.
No I am not painting anyrhing. I am explaining how it happened and why blacks have a right to be angry. These are normal human reactions of survival and desperation.

Is it all bad no. It's getting better as far as the public goes.

Your real loosing point though is that establishment politicians, judges, and cops are the ones I was explaining taking part in lynchings and beatings is a different situation than poor thugs attacking store owners and getting in drug deal fights.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

The problem is the solutions to institutional racism are hurting black people. The war on poverty has left many black communities totally dependent on government dollars, and as a result the many black communities are worse off today than they were during Jim Crow laws. You have even suggested giving blacks a guaranteed income on this thread as a form of reparations. This would make these communities even more dependent on government.

What happened to blacks in this country was atrocious, but to take away any blame from blacks in todays world and to say they need special incomes or privileges is treating them like children. This is a form of bigotry. I will hold black folks to the same standard I hold people of all colors.

Every culture throughout history has gone through horrible situations. Are Jews unable to fit into society because of the Holocaust? It is time to stop making excuses. You think it will take 70 more years before black culture can move beyond there treatment? That is absurd.

Black mobs are killing white women, men, and children. In fact, blacks are 27 times more likely to attack whites than vice versa, as shown on the doj fact sheet I posted above. This is institutionally sanctioned as the media and government make excuses for this behavior, and largely ignore it. In fact, "white" culture is almost universally criticized and blamed for all of the evils of the world. You mention separate water fountains, yet ironically it is now black groups particularly on campuses that are demanding there own spaces.

And stop acting like blacks are monolithic. In most areas of the US, whites have totally accepted blacks. The idea of white racism in today's world is vastly overblown. Yet groups like BLM and all of the black on white violence show many blacks hate whites. You trying to paint it as only a problem of innocent blacks wanting to fit in but racists whites not allowing them is a joke.

Nearly your every point was broken..

Blacks are 13% of the population. So of course more blacks kill white, than the reverse. If you have a 100 people in a room and 13 are black. If you open fire in that room your going to have less blacks get hit. It is a mathmatical certainty.

The vast majority of murders are commited by a friend. The vast majority of serial killers and mass shooters are not black.

We all kill a whole lot of our own......

When you look at the fathers robbed from families by the war on drugs. The fact that there is NO old black money, this generation is the first that actually has inherited money at all...and that is a ridiculously small percent. All the inherent racist stuff, it is so recent that segregation people are literally still alive lol. So Is it really any surprise?

Your always going to have the stupid, ugly, anti social, mentally disabled and just down right usless. The only options are:

1) give the 12 grand a year in welfare.

2) spend 40k a year imprisonig them.

3) execute them in the streets I guess? Maybe exile...the stuff none of us want to do.

The problem is the loss of aid when you work at all. People at the bottom level should not lose services when they work a bs job that can't actually pay for one adult to survive..even at 40 a week..like every job under prob 12 an hour.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

It's pretty hard to deny definite institution racism of blacks.

No it isnt. Do you have any proof?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

First there is an inherent problem with the police allowing mostly whites to get attacked by minorities, look at the Trump rallies. Can you imagine the swift, brutal response from the police if white nationalists attacked a mostly black group? Also, the media, another institution, covers up black crime. The institution of academia has as one of its central principles that whiteness is a root of all evil in todays society.

As for blck mobs or individuals killing people being different than cops etc, killing people, tell that to the loved ones of those illed. "Sorry your son was murdered , but hey, its not that big of a deal, at least a judge didn't kill them"

And you are making all blacks seem monolithic, at least in the south. You paint them as all victims that think alike, and all southern whites a racists. This is ridiculous. Why don't you read a black author like Thomas Sowell, or is a black man with a different opinion not allowed in your world view?

As far as the Tuskeegee experiments, you are right, the government is responsible for this. So why would you want to make black communities more reliant on the government? This wasn't just southern racists, this was sanctioned by the department of health.

Of course blacks have the right to be angry about the past, but angry at who? Whites today that weren't alive during these abuses? I will continue to treat all people eqully regardless of color, you can continue treating blacks like your inferior by providing excuses for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join