It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video shows convicted police officer using stun gun on teen

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's disturbing. Over the years I've noticed a trend where well paid government workers with any form of authority or influence over others tend to get aggressive and even violent as they start to believe they're more important than everybody else.

I guess it's really true that power corrupts.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

You can tell by watching the video he wasn't listening to the officer.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

It's common sense that resisting basically everything the cop is trying to do isn't going to work as a strategy for your success in that situation. Horrible abusive cop or normal cop, best not to be difficult from the get go when you get pulled over.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I'm not condoning what this police officer. I just think two many teens and probably some adults are watching too many YouTube videos on how to stand up for their rights when being confronted by a police officer. I think this teen was doing just that.

It's probably best to always follow a police officer's order instead of creating a confrontation. It's better to fight for your rights in a court of law than to take a chance and lose your life against a brutal low-life police officer like this one.

Exactly.

There are plenty of abusive cop videos out there, and while it is the case that the cop was abusive in many of those videos, there's quite often actions beforehand that essentially brought about the bad outcomes.
edit on 8-6-2016 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This young man died over what, an arrogant to ignorant(he didn't know the procedure?) officer suspecting something that should be decriminalized if not legal. No, not to say driving with it is okay but the teen was treated like he was a hardened armed criminal.

originally posted by: ghaleon12
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

It's common sense that resisting basically everything the cop is trying to do isn't going to work as a strategy for your success in that situation. Horrible abusive cop or normal cop, best not to be difficult from the get go when you get pulled over.

Shouldn't have to end that way. If you end up acting out or perceived to be around police the consequence should not be death such as the needless one that happened here. Are some the SS now?

Then, to further it, drop him as he did how the tazer affected him. As mentioned his father is an officer. Maybe there was an issue going on between the two. Though, I have a feeling the sentence would have been not at all or even shorter if the teen's father wasn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

This was a great article regarding a terrible incident. Bravo to the journalists who put it together.

I was ignorant to the fact that Taser, the brand, had a virtual monopoly on the supply of their product to departments.
The fact that researched medical information, regarding the potential for cardiac arrest if deployed in the chest, was withheld from training material is condemn-able. The fact that Matt Masters had to sit through training that didn't even touch on this information, after going through his son's experience made my heart hurt.

I know some wonderful men that are officers and appreciate the necessary service they provide. This officer, however, is an absolute scumbag. There is an honest conversation that needs to be had in this country(which is beginning but sadly divided among racial lines) regarding, not only the minority of officers using excessive force but the attitude(even displayed by Bryce's father) that rationalizes and looks away from such behavior.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Man, that second link was hard to read. It's infuriating.

Whenever you see these officers come out with a use of force, whether it be a shooting or a tasering or a whatever, there are phrases that always go in those reports, that we’ve been trained to put in there,” Matt said. “And so many times that’s just like an ‘insert quote here’ in your report because that’s going to cover your ass.”

Matt saw the phrasing and knew Runnels was looking for ways to justify both the stop and the attempted arrest. 

From the mouth of a cop. Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I hope that POS dies in prison very horribly. He doesn't deserve life AT ALL. I really hope bubba does a number on him.

There is NOTHING worse than a piece of sh÷t cop overstepping his authority.

I also hope that he didn't just cause someone to snipe another good cop in retaliation.

When are you so-called good cops going to clean your ranks?

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

He didn't die.

With these types of stories, when you read the headlines with the video attached, knowing what's going to happen, seeing the victim prior to the assault pressing the cops buttons is cringe worthy the whole way through.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

I hope you die a horrible death from a POS cop on a power trip!
edit on 9-6-2016 by FaunaOrFlora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Great that you didn't read either article in the OP.

The victim's dad is a long time Kansas City cop. I would wager the victim knew how to interact with law enforcement.

And probably knows his rights fairly well, too.

Ah...now I see why the cop got 4 years. Had it not been another cops son it would be just another day......

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I'm not condoning what this police officer did. I just think two many teens and probably some adults are watching too many YouTube videos on how to stand up for their rights when being confronted by a police officer. I think this teen was doing just that.

It's probably best to always follow a police officer's order instead of creating a confrontation. It's better to fight for your rights in a court of law than to take a chance and lose your life against a brutal low-life police officer like this one.

So in other words curtail your rights until court?

F $ck that!

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

I'm not condoning what this police officer did. I just think two many teens and probably some adults are watching too many YouTube videos on how to stand up for their rights when being confronted by a police officer. I think this teen was doing just that.

F $ck that!

If you get pulled over for speeding, do you think you're more or less likely getting off with a warning by recording the event start to finish? Cops obviously aren't perfect, but that stuff does matter.

edit on 9-6-2016 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FaunaOrFlora

F $ck that!

If you get pulled over for speeding, do you think you're more or less likely getting off with a warning by recording the event start to finish? Cops obviously aren't perfect, but that stuff does matter.

As it shouldn't.

But go ahead and bow down to the redcoats......

Your forerfathers would be so proud........

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

He didn't die.

With these types of stories, when you read the headlines with the video attached, knowing what's going to happen, seeing the victim prior to the assault pressing the cops buttons is cringe worthy the whole way through.

Last I followed the story when developing he was in critical condition(some said he wouldn't make it). The Op title didn't mention death. He had a heart attack*(which could have killed him right there) from the tazer, which should have been clear to the officer before he was thrown to the ground hitting his head causing brain damage. Comment still stands whether he died or not.

Matt had heard that people sometimes died after a Taser shock, but chalked it up to a syndrome called “excited delirium,” which he’d learned about in his Taser training.
From the OP

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You're right, the side of the road isn't a courtroom and not where you're supposed to argue your case.

The flip side of that equation is an officer isn't supposed to let you turn things into a pissing contest that he happily engages in, either.

As much of a pain in the ass as the victim was, the officer's behavior was shocking to me. He knew what was happening. He knew it was a pissing contest. And everything about his demeanor told me he was perfectly happy to piss back, and go as far as he needed to go to "win."

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I really do feel for the kid. This is just disgusting. I've had a recent encounter with police that was ridiculous, no rights what so ever, and I'm lucky that something like this didn't happen to me. It seems more and more cases like this are surfacing and there is nothing we can do about it but hope one day something like this doesn't happen to us..for no reason what so ever.
Also I would like to add that the cop had no reason to argue about the kid needing to roll his window completely down. He could hear the kid despite him replying to the kid saying 'he can't hear him roll down the window all they way.'
edit on 9-6-2016 by OpenMindedPhilosopher because: Added Opinion

Also, if you are one of those people that says "Well the kid should have listened to the cop" shame on you. I shouldn't even have to explain why that statement is wrong, even if I did explain in not sure those individuals would even comprehend.
edit on 9-6-2016 by OpenMindedPhilosopher because: Another added point after hearing someone's response.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Any cop who does things like this deserve death. Not prison time. This isn't just an assault on someone, it is an assault on every single principle America was founded upon. When those principles no longer apply, then we no longer live free. all public service personnel must be held accountable to the highest standards, which is even more important in America, since staying free comes at a big cost, and part of that cost is all Americans demanding a high level of integrity by force if necessary, since force will certainly be used against freedom if freedom is not defended vigorously.

And it has not been defended or even sought by our electorate which is much worse, and will even become the "worst" until it is gone completely, if people who serve the public trust are not trustworthy.

If I saw anyone do that to someone I would smash them in the head to defend the victim, even if it was the police, and especially if it was police. Which is why I'm glad I don't live in a city like that, because I don't wish to have that happen and have my own life ruined. But I would never be afraid to defend someone being killed or close to killed even if it was the cops.
edit on 10-6-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

He didn't die.

Last I followed the story when developing he was in critical condition(some said he wouldn't make it). The Op title didn't mention death. He had a heart attack*(which could have killed him right there) from the tazer, which should have been clear to the officer before he was thrown to the ground hitting his head causing brain damage. Comment still stands whether he died or not.

Matt had heard that people sometimes died after a Taser shock, but chalked it up to a syndrome called “excited delirium,” which he’d learned about in his Taser training.
From the OP

He did die. He was clinically dead for eight minutes. The brain damage was from hypoxia due to his heart being stopped for that long. It had nothing to do with the impact to his face. That broke his teeth and dislocated his jaw.

The brain injury came from the fact that he was dead for almost ten minutes...oxygen deprivation. If the heart stops beating, oxygenated blood stops being carried to the brain, and subsequently the brain tissue begins to die. Every passing second without oxygen, more and more of his brain tissue died.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: dreamingawake

He didn't die.

From the OP

He did die. He was clinically dead for eight minutes. The brain damage was from hypoxia due to his heart being stopped for that long. It had nothing to do with the impact to his face. That broke his teeth and dislocated his jaw.

The brain injury came from the fact that he was dead for almost ten minutes...oxygen deprivation. If the heart stops beating, oxygenated blood stops being carried to the brain, and subsequently the brain tissue begins to die. Every passing second without oxygen, more and more of his brain tissue died.

Exactly, thank you.

Update on the story, can't find it on YouTube yet:
The video that Bryce was recording: Footage shows police tasing incident shot by Bryce Masters

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join