It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video shows convicted police officer using stun gun on teen

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Video was just released after being viewed by the judge in this case from several months ago. In one of the more disgusting acts I've seen in a while, after deploying his Taser for over 20 seconds this former cop carries the victim's limp body out of the road, only to drop him face first into the pavement.

On purpose, no less.

The officer pled guilty to violating the teen's civil rights and was sentenced to a few years prison time. Unfortunately the teen went in to cardiac arrest and a coma. All things considered, while I'm glad the officer will do a few years in prison, it doesn't seem like enough either.

wtvr.com... I would advise caution with the video in that link. The moment when this POS drops the victim into the pavement is very, very audible. And you will be watching somebody in cardiac arrest, obviously. Even cops in the courtroom had strong reactions to the video. Hell, even the ex officer's wife had a reaction to it.

This link has much more information on the incident and aftermath, and is a good read. Contains a lot more information than the previous link.

theintercept.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

saw the video and I agree with how disgusting this is. He was electrocuted close to his heart and for 4x longer than instructed in the training class the police academy requires. He was then dropped on his face on the pavement and resulted in brain damage.

That cop is a piece of #.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Ouch that hurt
poor kid ,deserved to be treated better than that by someone you pay for protection , notice if you will how this seemed to be no biggie for the police officer almost like he did this every other day ,

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The way he drags the kids lifeless body....

BTW as he is being dragged he is actually going through cardiac arrest.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Clearly racially motivated.

It was a white cop after all.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Clearly racially motivated.

It was a white cop after all.

Epic contribution. We can close the thread now, with that summation.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Protect & Serve, anyone?

Drug test police.
Cameras for all.

Put an end to this war on the common man.

Hey, at least he was sent to prison instead of being moved around precincts.
That's a start.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Protect & Serve, anyone?

Drug test police.
Cameras for all.

Put an end to this war on the common man.

Hey, at least he was sent to prison instead of being moved around precincts.
That's a start.

I fully agree with police having cameras at all time. For everyone's protection.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Horrendous action by the officer. After the officer drops him on his face, while searching through the pockets the officer states to the nearly unconscious teen "You don't like to play by the rules do you?" Ironic, and Disgusting. 4 years is not enough for that POS officer.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Don't like it when I see a taser used as a crutch, but it's way worse when used as a device to torture someone.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

in anticipation of the UK cops getting stun guns i went and tested a 350.000 volt one on myself yes whisky was involved in the little escapade and a phone video

Long story short one second did me and took my body a week to recover , it felt like being hit by a 30 ton truck going 60 , i am now very very carefull when i see the cops around .

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

LOL I have never been assaulted with one but I have had my face put into a brick wall by a female police officer before so I know the feeling on being a little suspicious of intent.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's too bad schools, or most parents, don't inform teens if they have a run in with a cop, don't provoke them by being standoffish. Being afraid and acting irrationally defensive isn't going to do much.

Great that the whole encounter was recorded for no reason on your cell phone, now because of that action and others, you can use it in court when otherwise and there would have been no problem. Playing games, which I guess he was an actual fan of, with a cop by not rolling your window all the way down and in general not listening, isn't going to help anything.

edit on 8-6-2016 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghaleon12
It's too bad schools, or most parents, don't inform teens if they have a run in with a cop, don't provoke them by being standoffish. Being afraid and acting irrationally defensive isn't going to do much.

Great that the whole encounter was recorded for no reason on your cell phone, now because of that action and others, you can use it in court when otherwise and there would have been no problem. Playing games, which I guess he was an actual fan of, with a cop by not rolling your window isn't going to help anything.

The cop was wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Did I say he wasn't?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghaleon12

Did I say he wasn't?

Not directly.

Playing games, which I guess he was an actual fan of, with a cop by not rolling your window isn't going to help anything.

So basically you are saying he shouldn't have recorded the cop and brought these actions on himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That was disgusting, poor kid, nobody deserves that kind of treatment. One thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned, was this preventable? How many complaints have been levied against that officer in the past I wonder?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I think the police are supposed to use ones from 25.000 -50.000 volts in the uk ? but they hurt , the guy in Jackass made a video of himself out in his back garden with a 25.000 v /one whih he shocked himself with and stated it as the most pain full thing he had done to himself , and that was from a guy who staples his boy things to a desk .

The only funny thing i can take out of this is , i would hate to be that cop going into a 4 year stretch when the con:s find out who he is

He will be passed around like after 8s at Christmas

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

Great that you didn't read either article in the OP.

The victim's dad is a long time Kansas City cop. I would wager the victim knew how to interact with law enforcement.

And probably knows his rights fairly well, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm not condoning what this police officer did. I just think two many teens and probably some adults are watching too many YouTube videos on how to stand up for their rights when being confronted by a police officer. I think this teen was doing just that.

It's probably best to always follow a police officer's order instead of creating a confrontation. It's better to fight for your rights in a court of law than to take a chance and lose your life against a brutal low-life police officer like this one.

edit on 8-6-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join