It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight White Men Banned From Equality Conference

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Because they are pretty much the only group in America that can say they've never felt discrimination.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to raise the way handicapped people, women and people of other races or ethnicity are treated. The problem comes when people try to attack white men.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
What good does it do to keep white men out of a conference they might want to attend and learn something from, in particular?
edit on 07pmTue, 07 Jun 2016 22:28:00 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I am replying to this before I have read any of the other replies so that I can make a prediction.

There are four people here defending this segregation.

They are also calling you names.

Gonna check out my accuracy now. Great post!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Feminism
noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
Feminism
noun
the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
Feminism
noun
Feminism
noun
Feminism
noun
Feminism
noun

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

They do not debate. Take a look around. These people operate on a thought process based on lies and falsehoods. They cannot debate and will not debate. All they do is no platform people, call people racist and other "ism's", try to discredit who you are as opposed to what you are saying, and then, when all else fails they turn to violence or trying to ruin your life by getting you fired.

When your entire ideology is built on hate and lies, why would you want to debate?
Here is a debate. I imagine this is what it would look like if these people did debate.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

You are my favorite racist guy on ATS man, every time you post something I laugh so hard. There are a couple of other actual racists, but you really take the cake man.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Haha, it's always the usual suspects. It wouldn't be ATS without them.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We have gone from being proactively (and debatably) moderately safe to retroactively fearful and probably more unsafe.

If you want a 100% guaranteed safe space, you're not going to find it. Not in the streets, not in your home.. nowhere.

Raging about feminism and SJW's isn't going to help anyone. In fact, it clouds issues, discourages dialogue and both creates and indulges bias.

Yes, I am a feminist. I adhere to the traditional, actual and accurate definitions of the word. I don't let loudmouth feminazis dictate to me the definitions of words or alter their concepts. Just the same as I don't "think all men are the same". If you do, you are doing precisely what they do. Indulge bias. Be smarter (I shouldn't have to say this, particularly to those intelligent enough to use a dictionary..)

feminism: the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Feminism is actually needed, along with social justice, equality, equalism, childrens rights.. etc.. There are issues in this world that need addressing. Don't permit the screaming fools silence those actually trying to make a difference for the benefit of all. You are not being proactive, you are actually causing problems.

Now, back to it. I can liken this to the situation with terrorism.
Many, if not most people refuse to change their lives to account for terrorism because they feel that it would be giving in to the terrorists.

"Safe spaces" are the same. To create a guaranteed safe space, you need to ban everybody from it. Whatever demographic you are in, I can promise that somewhere, somehow, someone in that demographic intentionally hurt someone else. They may have even acted in the name of that demographic.

This is the risk we take. If you want to be 100% safe, don't go out. Hide under your blanket and suck your thumb. Don't victimise anyone else in the name of your personal fear or biases. Or you can live your life, take calculated risks and use your cognitive abilities instead of acting like a scared monkey.

People are altering their lives because someone, somewhere, hurt someone. They are attacking entire demographics because an individual hurt someone. If you do that, you are victimising that demographic. This goes both ways. Excluding people based on their demographic, is excluding good people because someone else, hurt someone.

If a feminist did something you don't like, don't blame all of us. If a male something you don't like, don't blame all of them.
If the neighbors child does something wrong, do you tell your own off? No.

Here's a thought that might make a lot of you uncomfortable.. Many of you are victimising those trying to help, feminists for example. Me, for example. Do you really think I want to stand up and make a difference where it matters when vocal fools label me as a horrible person because of the actions of others?
I have stood up against feminazis and toxic mra's alike. I have fought to protect children. I have never once blamed an entire demographic for anything. I judge individuals on how they act, I don't label you or them, based on the actions of other people.

If you label people in such a manner.. you're as bad as the toxic mra's and feminazis. In fact, you are playing to their agenda. If you really want something to do to be proactive about this.. Don't listen to them. Ignore them. Don't share their content, don't give them the time of day.

I am sick of hearing this biased crap from people. Smarten up. We are headed for a really ugly situation if you don't.
edit on 7/6/2016 by LilFox because: Formatting and addition

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that with me Winstonian. I was just gonna skip around on the vid but i ended up watching all of it. People just need to learn to accept when they are wrong, and it's ok to be wrong. But i mean you also need to change your opinion in order to fit this new(True/Right) information. Otherwise, it's....Madness.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that with me Winstonian. I was just gonna skip around on the vid but i ended up watching all of it. People just need to learn to accept when they are wrong, and it's ok to be wrong. But i mean you also need to change your opinion in order to fit this new(True/Right) information. Otherwise, it's....Madness.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

Wasn't it super entertaining? That video is a great example of why they do not debate. They have to use dirty tactics to push their agenda on the world. It is so deeply based on lies that it is almost like a religion. You should see how they eat each other when they deem someone to be no longer worthy, that is even more entertaining.

My favorite part of that debate was when she was harping on the white capitalist system. He asks her to provide an example of a better system, and she answered Norway.

He responded, "So the only example of a better system then ours is to find a country that is populated with even more white people?"

I fell out of my chair.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There where no such a problem when a truth is behind. Stop being racist then people would then no longer freak out like that.
The typical redneck dislike this statement, i know. There is a proverb in German : "So wie man in den wald hineinruft so schallt es heraus"

"Just as one calls into the forest, so it echoes back."

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
whoa there buddy, in the real world justice aint blind, lets go ahead and get rid of that myth.

thats all i wanted to say.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
how the tables have turned.

so now segregation is bad.
doesnt feel good does it.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Surely the straight white male's existence is under threat so he should surely be allowed to attend.

Its a shame mot of these people wanting so many more rights don't seem to think that they are cutting off the hand that aids them financially by working all hours all week as many males do.

Surely things get done when all are included so that you have a win-win result which the way things are going is the least wanted result on the agenda.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

This comment might have been relevant 60 years ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Irrelevant - As a straight white male I would use my whitey intrigue to sidestep their discrimination by identifying as a black Rastafarian midget with body odour.

Their intolerance is no match for the brilliance of this white fellas wickedness.

UMM so does that make you transracial?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sourcery
So I just tried to explain the whole SJW thing to my mom, who is (55) and she's still laughing. Is it just me, or do you guys see this turning dark? (no pun intended). I mean, that's like me saying i can't be an anti-semite because I'm not german, amiright? I mean, honestly, somebody should try to set up a debate or something between these sjw folk and....somebody that's not err...deluded? Mis-guided, maybe? I still hold out hope that these sjw can/will grow out of this silly non-sense.

Well, let's say you are in America, when you mother was very young, blacks were segregated, not allowed to use the same facilities as white people, not allowed to choose where to sit on a bus or where to get educated. Did your young mother kick up a storm about why people shouldn't have equal access? Did her grandparents? Or do you think (nothing personal to your lineage, obviously, this is to reflect where we have come from) simply see this as the normal course of things and anyone who complained was whatever the equally stupid term of snowflake was way back when?

Ask her that, I wonder if she finds that as funny.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: odzeandennz

This comment might have been relevant 60 years ago.

It's as relevant as today, you just feel like you might be the one affected by it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join