It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight White Men Banned From Equality Conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Considering people must declare their "protected characteristic" when applying to the event, I think the picture is very fitting.

Any thoughts on the article linked in the OP?

edit on 7-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I think the answer is to go around hosting events on equality at universities and pull random group A out of a hat for each different one and inform people about three or so days prior that no one from that group can attend.

It would be a different random group every time. And you can explain what is going on inside the event at the talk, assuming the outrage machine allows it to happen, of course.
edit on 7-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

More and more it seems like the most overt discrimination in modern America is coming from the "progressives", and no other group besides Straight White Men could be targeted in such a way without a severe backlash. But that's equality, that's (pro)regressive!

America eh? You sure your story in the OP is about America?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Except that isn't happening in any classroom...
But hey the strawman arguments are easier to use!

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

In the UK, straight white men are about to become a protected class, especially lower class ones, so it might not be from there.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The group originates in the UK but has strong ties with ACUI, which unfortunately is following the same trends.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I believe white males at that university can file suit to form an equal association for them and receive funding as well. I remember campus libertarians filing for money for a speaker bc the democrats and republicans received funding. Got to see Tom Woods free of charge.

As a white male I don't give a hoot, but having these kind of meetings and banning a certain type of person from these kind of meetings is beneath me. So yes I am better than those people.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

B-b-but that would be racist and sexist. Right?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
From the article in the OP...

“I, an ethnic minority woman, cannot be racist or sexist towards white men, because racism and sexism describe structures of privilege based on race and gender.

From Webster-

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

www.merriam-webster.com...

same site...

1 : prejudice or discrimination based on sex; especially : discrimination against women

So in universities I reckon that they're teaching kids that it's ok to make up new definitions of words

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Which sub Reddit, The Donald?

Looking now, oh yes, The Donald. The most vile sub Reddit forum on that site, and that's saying something! Funny story, The Donald is a safe place for Trump snowflakes. If you are not a Trump supporter and you leave a comment you will be banned.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

There is a reason /r/The_Donald is the second highest sub on Reddit and dominates /r/all.

Since your such a fan, I assume your familiar with /r/Sandersforpresident and /r/Hillaryclinton, where you get auto-banned for asking questions about violent protestors and email scandals.

edit on 7-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
The Regressive Left aren't Progressives. That is why they are the "Regressive" Left rather than the "Progressive" Left.

Nope, makes perfect sense. "Progressives" are moving us backwards, ergo regressives.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Straight white men, as in the 'majority' of white men?
Don't get me wrong, I'm uber cool with all the LGBT thing, but this is just silly.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Considering people must declare their "protected characteristic" when applying to the event, I think the picture is very fitting.

Any thoughts on the article linked in the OP?

I do not disagree with points in the article. I do disagree with extreme exaggerations. Extreme exaggerations do two things. Rally the believers and alienate nonbelievers. They pat fellows on the back while stimulating more hate in those who disagree.

In a way, it is just like your avatar. You tongue in cheek point fun at people who instantly claim Hitler for those they don't like. An extreme over reaction for sure. Yet as astute as you seem by that avatar, you seem just as obtuse as they by the display of that extreme picture.

And I hold to my original reply. We are in stages of massive social overhaul set to revert injustices of thousands of years. Many of the steps to be taken will be wrong, as I think much of the current trends suggest. However, an overly reactionary response will only infuriate those who cause the injustice you see so correctly and at the same time further anger those of more moderate temperament to join them rather than listen to valid points of debate.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

1. Why, in the blue hell, would a straight white male want to go to such a conference anyway?
2. This is another one out of that UCU in the UK we keep hearing about. They're fun to make fun of, and make me happy I'm not a Brit financing them with my taxes. Little to no bearing on the US, gratefully.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Discrimination doesn't feel so good when you're the targets huh?

Yet, you trump supporters sing the praises of a candidate who openly discriminates against mexicans and muslims.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
Discrimination doesn't feel so good when you're the targets huh?

Yet, you trump supporters sing the praises of a candidate who openly discriminates against mexicans and muslims.

Mexicans here illegally, and Muslims who want come here and treat the US like they've behaved in France and Brussels.

In the first place, those Mexicans shouldn't be in this country. In the second, those aren't exactly the sort of people you want in this country either.

So why so upset by someone who openly says he wants to keep them out/send them home?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Nope, makes perfect sense. "Progressives" are moving us backwards, ergo regressives.

Umm No. I'm sorry but that is your opinion which is in fact incorrect. If they were the same thing then there would be no need for the change in label since there was already a label to describe this group of people.

This isn't my opinion here. It's just a fact. That is where the term comes from.

They are called the "Regressive Left" on purpose and specifically to point out their mistaken and differing ideology from the "Progressive Left". They are still on the left and are in fact a branch off from the Progressive Left but are called the Regressive Left because of their backward understanding of Progressive Ideology.

Making a Progressive Leftist into a Regressive Left. That is why they're called that.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

As a brown skinned person with Mexican blood and Mexican ancestors I have never in the slightest bit been offended by trump....

The media has twisted his words and the SJWs just roll with it....

He's talking about illegal Mexicans, and illegal Mexicans that are in fact criminals that look to harm innocent people. He is NOT racist, just stating facts and trying to come up with solutions where nobody else is doing a damn thing.......the borders are a real issue....bad people are coming in and something must be done!

Radical Islam is a horrific reality. Instead of acting like radical Muslims don't exist....hes addressing a serious issue that everyone else is too scared to touch.....

You people are full of it.....you're creating things to be offended by and just downright lying....

Ps: If I was a Muslim, I would simply denounce my religion.....who would want to be remotely associated with that religion these days? I think God would understand.

Aren't I just so full of hate, intolerance and ignorance?

edit on 7-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't see too many straight white men wanting to go to this thing.

but I look at it like drawing Mohammed.

I never thought about doing it. But the second I'm told not to?

I'm doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join