It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect And The Bible Question

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24
it has NEVER been "and the lion shall lie down with the lamb".
It has always been wolf, and people have always had this verse wrong.

I asked this question in a church Bible Quiz 25 years ago, and everybody got it wrong then.

...just because people have latched on to an incorrect phrase doesn't mean that time itself is broken. Now excuse me while I go roll my eyes somewhere quiet.

You know this could be very helpful. If I have read the verse hundreds of times and had others read it aloud many many times and yet you have an example where not new but 25 years ago you found it was wolf assume? What would that mean, some people's reality here is not the same as other it appears.

Maybe our Matrix is breaking down.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
All I can say is that in other media, the same 'wrong sentences' that people quote forever can also be totally wrong. Take:
"Play it again Sam..." from Casablanca. It was never said!

Yet everyone quotes it and knows which film it is from and hence accepts it.
It isn't a glitch, it's real that it was never said in the film and it is also real that people are constantly quoting it [wrong] and so it exists as a saying. Someone who doesn't know this may well think that they have jumped universes if they ever watched Casablanca and are waiting for it, but it never comes...

I think most Mandela effects are along those lines above.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Here is an explanation for you on the first one - link. Basically, it's a case of people combining a couple of passages and coining a phrase. Happens.

This has always been a favorite of mine as it points out how at peace the new earth will be. I am not mistaken nor did I combine anything.

This picture is now displayed with the wolf passage under it, everything is there where is the wolf? To hard to put wolves in I guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
All I can say is that in other media, the same 'wrong sentences' that people quote forever can also be totally wrong. Take:
"Play it again Sam..." from Casablanca. It was never said!

Yet everyone quotes it and knows which film it is from and hence accepts it.
It isn't a glitch, it's real that it was never said in the film and it is also real that people are constantly quoting it [wrong] and so it exists as a saying. Someone who doesn't know this may well think that they have jumped universes if they ever watched Casablanca and are waiting for it, but it never comes...

I think most Mandela effects are along those lines above.

This is why I had never really felt any deep interest in this subject before, on the other hand, if you have carried many versions of the bible and taught and read them for years and this was one of your favorite verses, you now must pay attention to the subject.
For all I know the movie used to say "Play it again Sam'!

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

NLT still says, "wineskins" But does say "wolf and Lamb"

I recall Lion and Lamb growing up too.

Didn't the Twilight (don't hit me) series reference Lion and the Lamb?

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumStickNinja

NLT still says, "wineskins" But does say "wolf and Lamb"

I recall Lion and Lamb growing up too.

Didn't the Twilight (don't hit me) series reference Lion and the Lamb?

A ton of places reference the lion and the lamb.

My KJV I have had for about 30 years now says bottles, I have never read bottles before but I cannot say for sure if I read that part of this KJ bible, my favorite bible speak clear english but I used many versions when teaching and using the lion and lamb verse and it was never any different in any of them.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Here is an explanation for you on the first one - link. Basically, it's a case of people combining a couple of passages and coining a phrase. Happens.

This has always been a favorite of mine as it points out how at peace the new earth will be. I am not mistaken nor did I combine anything.

This picture is now displayed with the wolf passage under it, everything is there where is the wolf? To hard to put wolves in I guess.

it isn't you combining; it's the pastors and teachers that use the phrase. Heard it many times myself, but it's not actually a verse. That does happen. Even pastors have been known to state something as though it was a quote, when it's more an idea, from various places.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yes it does happen and I often believe these explanations when it is someone else who is "sure". In this case i know better.

People have the wrong idea here I am asking if anyone knows of any other examples of change in all of the other threads.

Are you stating then, that you saw that actual phrase in a Bible? I never have, and I am not young, and have been reading in the Bible for decades. Heard the phrase used plenty of times! Not with an actual single verse to back it, though.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I just finally got around to digging out my old KJV Bible that I first read about 50 years ago. My parents had given it to me and it wasn't new then. I was certain that it read lions/lambs instead of wolves/lambs and wineskins instead of bottles but much to my surprise it does not. I know I read wineskins when I was a kid, maybe it was in the Living Bible or the NIV or something, but I know I remember it. Not so sure about the lion/lamb thing though, could just be popular usage changed the wording.

Funny thing, I just never remember reading "bottles", ever. Not in this text or any other. I was totally taken aback by this. But how can I deny it, it is right here in black and white in the oldest Bible I own.
edit on 6/9/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

edit on 6/9/2016 by wtbengineer because: yet again

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hannibal is now Black.
www.blackhistoryheroes.com...

Either rewritten history or some time effect is happening. Hannibal is mostly European.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Picture very fizzy to me. This is also on wiki page.

edit on 9-6-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes it does happen and I often believe these explanations when it is someone else who is "sure". In this case i know better.

People have the wrong idea here I am asking if anyone knows of any other examples of change in all of the other threads.

Are you stating then, that you saw that actual phrase in a Bible? I never have, and I am not young, and have been reading in the Bible for decades. Heard the phrase used plenty of times! Not with an actual single verse to back it, though.

Yes that is what I am stating. Maybe it is just time.
Daniel 7:25
He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

Time to turn to Myths and the old "gods"

2 Timothy 4:4
3 For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.…
edit on 10-6-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

I just finally got around to digging out my old KJV Bible that I first read about 50 years ago. My parents had given it to me and it wasn't new then. I was certain that it read lions/lambs instead of wolves/lambs and wineskins instead of bottles but much to my surprise it does not. I know I read wineskins when I was a kid, maybe it was in the Living Bible or the NIV or something, but I know I remember it. Not so sure about the lion/lamb thing though, could just be popular usage changed the wording.

Funny thing, I just never remember reading "bottles", ever. Not in this text or any other. I was totally taken aback by this. But how can I deny it, it is right here in black and white in the oldest Bible I own.

Thanks for looking that up. My own favorite bible I have used for about 30 years and have read the passage back in my 10 years of bible teaching days must have been hundreds of times. The lion and lamb verse is a (no was a) simple and clear picture for people as the pictures always presented to represent it.

The wine bottle is supposedly in only one printing so I read but I don't know what to make of it. I can only be positive of the one verse and if I am positive that means any of the rest could be anything and nothing can be trusted.

An interesting thought, someone mentioned that popular movies and tv shows seem to be pointing things out to us in some way. They mentioned the movie The Book of Eli, the fact that he was blind, that in the end the book itself did not matter but only knowing what is inside it matters. Someday the book may just not exist but what we have learned and what is written in our hearts is all we need.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

He shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and shall think to change the times and the law; and they shall be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

3 For the time will come when men will not tolerate sound doctrine, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers to suit their own desires. 4So they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.…

Maybe it is, at that. I don't recall ever seeing that phrase, but that doesn't mean no one did.

I do have a story about one book, that I might post at some point, that seems to have changed.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Maybe it is, at that. I don't recall ever seeing that phrase, but that doesn't mean no one did.

I do have a story about one book, that I might post at some point, that seems to have changed.

I may need to rethink all of the old reports of odd moon behavior, myself having seen and extreme huge inverted slice (horned moon) sitting on the horizon one evening on the west coast ca. a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Let me offer a non-Biblical example of the way this works.
In May 1940, Winston Churchill told the House of Commons; "I would say to this House, as I said to those who have joined this government; I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat". All my life, whenever I looked up the speech, those were the words I found.
Yet the form which has become proverbial is "blood, sweat, and tears", and I have NEVER heard it referenced in any other way. That illustrates how remembered statements can be "adjusted" in people's minds to make them more memorable. But someone believing in the "Mandela effect" (or was it originally "mandala effect"?) would presumably discover the original text and exclaim "But it used to say Blood, sweat and tears!"
The Isaiah reference has been mentally "adjusted" in the same way. The "lion and lamb" combination is somehow easier to remember (perhaps the alliteration helps).

As for the other example, you remember "wineskins" from hearing it read in a modern translation. The Authorised Version has always said "bottles" (so that anyone preaching on the subject then had to explain that these were "bottles" made out of skin).

edit on 11-6-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I have always heard the Lion shall - , i have never heard it as the wolf shall .

good catch

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I may need to rethink all of the old reports of odd moon behavior, myself having seen and extreme huge inverted slice (horned moon) sitting on the horizon one evening on the west coast ca. a few years ago.

You had to go and mention the moon, didn't you?!?!? More than once, I have been sure that the phase of the moon was wrong, as in, full when it was far less than the usual time before, or way past full after being full, within mere days, and that sort of thing. Huge, well, that can happen, though no one seems able to really explain why we see it that way but a camera doesn't. Inverted, now, that's something else!!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Interesting the end of this ceremony or whatever it was shows a clock spinning out of control.

Such a strange thing that no matter how you yourself know something for sure people will always fall back to saying you heard it and it was just a misquote.

I have had many people tell me the same experiences with the moon the last few years. Funny thing is no one had anything like that to say the rest of my many years of life and I could always count on the sameness of the moon.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Let me offer a non-Biblical example of the way this works.
In May 1940, Winston Churchill told the House of Commons; "I would say to this House, as I said to those who have joined this government; I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat". All my life, whenever I looked up the speech, those were the words I found.
Yet the form which has become proverbial is "blood, sweat, and tears", and I have NEVER heard it referenced in any other way. That illustrates how remembered statements can be "adjusted" in people's minds to make them more memorable.

Very good example and I am positive it happens however if you will read the thread you will see that this is different for me personally. As far as mandela I remember him getting out of prison but I no longer feel that I can judge the people who remember otherwise as just mixed up.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

People that don't experience anything weird don't get it, and you can't convince them! Sometimes I wonder how many such people actually do see something odd, and just shrug it off, pretending they didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join