It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And you are acting like a majority of the nation's kids are either at pro-efficiency or above at their grade level so that the schools really should look at spending a bunch of time on any curriculum other than the basics until kids are coming out of their classrooms in at least basically proficient shape in those.

Which is better? Kids who can read, write and do arithmetic? Or kids who can't do those at grade level, but do know the 50 basic gender identities?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko

That he's a hateful bigot. Who cares if he knows his letters of numbers or anything like that?

It's time he learn the inaccuracy of that statement.

The statement that boys have a penis Nd girls have a vagina?

Oh god.. the world is doomed.

Awaits meteorite

Oh god

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

That he's a hateful bigot. Who cares if he knows his letters of numbers or anything like that?

Ha, ha, ha, I knew I could count on you. Thank for not disappointing me.

So predictable.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh no... it doesn't stop.

It's an endless array of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm convinced that the biggest reason kids can't read, write and do arithmetic at grade level is because their parents are not involved enough. The basics are being taught - perhaps not as efficiently as it could be, but that's because they are having to teach 25 kids with 25 different skill sets. That's where the parents should come in to supplement as needed.

Look, I'm not the biggest fan of the public school system for various reasons. But I understand why they are including this type of stuff in their curriculum, and I don't think including a week on gender studies is affecting the core subjects one way or another.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I've never heard of a transgender kid in my life until this year.

Remember the prolific poster in the space and science threads, JadeStar? Transgender kid.

I was born a couple days into 1955. I was a transgender kid too so they've always been around and I can tell you being forced into a gender you are not is traumatizing and leaves scars. It makes life like eating ice cream and not being able to taste it. It's like living a lie or like not being fully present for your own experiences.

After years of struggles and trying to explain, it took my parents until I was 14/15 and nearly killed because of my differences before they really began to get it. Had I just been able to go to school as a girl and be known as a girl, which was impossible in the 1960's and early 70's, I wouldn't have missed so much of normal childhood growing up experiences. Even though I mostly looked like a girl with waist length blond hair, acted like a girl and people outside of school who didn't know my history thought I was a girl, it wasn't until after I graduated high school that my parents changed my pronouns and started using my proper name which was as much a relief for them as it was for me. I was never a boy -- full stop. I've lived my entire adult life as a woman, been female in the ways that matter for a very long time, been married and divorced and have otherwise had a normal, happy, healthy and productive quiet life.

Transgender kids of today that are able to be known as who they are have the opportunity to avoid the scars and trauma of transgender kids of the past that have always existed, have the chance to grow up with normal growing up experiences and are special kids I will stand up and speak for. Awareness, understanding and accepting these kids is something other kids don't have a problems with unless they have been poisoned with bigotry, prejudice and ignorance from their parents. Anything to prevent this indoctrination of hate and fear is a good thing in my book.

Trans kids exist and are real. Are you able to teach your own kids about them and tolerance without your own biases coming into the picture? I highly doubt it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If kids aren't learning at school because parents aren't teaching them at home:

1.) Why do we have schools in the first place?

2.) What makes you think they will learn the social engineering any better?

3.) Why justify taking time away from attempts to teach the basic curriculum? You just made an excellent argument against it. Since they aren't getting it at home, they need all the time they can get at school learning what's really important: reading, writing, arithmetic, etc. ... not social engineering.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Oh thank god.

I want my kids as confused and passionless as possible when they hit the real world, and unable to compete with their foreign counterparts who are actually getting decent educations at half the cost.

yes, and they should have the most RIGID upbringing...everything is black and white,,,and anyone or anything that is even the slightest difference will terrify them and send them running and screaming for the hills...(sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh, sweet Jeeezuz gawd, they're teachin' our kids stuff we don't unnerstan!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

My kids will learn tolerance not specific to any group but tolerance period.

It's the only logical path.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

you keep repeating this claim from another hate group, it just doesnt stick. These kids should learning firearms safety and not how to learn to express perversion in kindergarten.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Complete BS. Five year old kids are just barely learning how to count. Men don't even mature until their late 20's and your going to sit and try and convince me that five years have a comprehensive understanding of what gender they are and know more than most adults?

Wait wait wait wait.

Five year old kids are able to count (unless they had parents who were neglectful).

Correct, men do not mature until their late 20s, that is correct. It's the next bit

How you arrived at that last deduction and sum of what was said is a testament to poor cognitive intergration.

Fives definitely know how to count.....
men do not mature until their late 20s (or even mid-30s!) ......
you are correct and accurate on those facts....

and know more than most adults?

How in the world did you make that leap?

You just added that part in. You just pulled it out of your anxious monkey hole and decided to attach it to those other facts.

Know more than most adults?
No....although one must make adjustments for previous lives and the memories of them that do disappear by the age of five.......
and although their human brains will not, in fact, mature for another 25 to 30 years......

that does not in any way add up to "and know more than most adults."

Depending, of course, on what context you are basing such a claim, it is a non-sequitor.

You're making progress, though, man. Well done there!

why/how you are linking those two facts and adding them up but coming to them being "more knowledgeable than adults"
that part is what is such a stretch...

edit on 6/4/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: whatever. have a great weekend guys.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would have thought that the introduction of this particular curriculum shows intelligent forward thinking by the school. After all gender identity is not going to go away so the children need to be taught understanding of human diversity. That way they don't grow to be ignorant bullies against all gender types.

Reading some of the comments here on this thread some of you could have benefited from this if such a curriculum during their own early schooling. Ignorance is not an attractive quality.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What was inaccurate about his statement?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Parents don't have to teach them, but they have to do things like check their homework, ask them questions about what they are learning, and if the kid is struggling with something, sit down and help them until you know they've got it.

Health classes are usually the "no brainer" stuff that is needed but not really hard to learn. Since so many parents don't take the time to teach that stuff (if they aren't helping them with their other homework, what makes you think they are teaching them this?), this is something the schools can do that doesn't take an inordinate amount of time away from other studies.

Again, a week or so out of the school year isn't going to make or break whether a kid learns algebra. The kid probably spends more time during the school year on bathroom breaks. You want to ban those too, in order to spend the most time possible on math/reading/writing?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh, sweet Jeeezuz gawd, they're teachin' our kids stuff we don't unnerstan!

Ah, yes, the lazy way out.

Obviously, anyone who disagrees with you and this must be dumb! Of course, that just makes you feel all good and enlightened and special ...

*yawn*

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

There's no difference between men and women because men and women don't exist.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Your kindergartner is learning algebra?!

How much homework does you kindergartner have?

So since kids aren't learning what they should in kindergarten ... I ask you to go back and rethink my questions. Clearly, this is not all about parents just not checking homework and helping with it. That comes later, but the deficit starts before kindergarten, so that early learning is still just as important, and if kids aren't getting it that young, they NEED all the time with the basic curriculum they can get.

So, where do you justify taking time away again?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

0_o

You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

0_o

You may have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Makes perfect sense right

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join