It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum to Kindergarteners

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

You are acting like the schools are spending 8 hours a day, 250 days a year teaching nothing but gender studies.

That isn't how it works. If you'll notice when looking at the Washington state guidelines, there are pages and pages of other stuff included that's being taught. The gender stuff is only one small part of it. They probably only dedicate a week during the whole school year, to be honest - two at the most.

There is nothing wrong with being a well-rounded person and knowing lots of stuff about the world around you, including the people in it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Can't see a problem tbh maybe if the generation before had it there would be a lot less hate around.
Future is looking brighter in my view.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I've never heard of a transgender kid in my life until this year.

And you are a perfect example of why this stuff needs to be included. The more you know...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Its a waste of time.

Teach them tolerance nothing more needs to be studied at five besides learning basic social skills and remedial math and reading thats it.

Tolerance and understanding are great tools to evolve our culture narrowing it down to gender studies is totally asinine.

Where's the class on tolerance to mental illness? Seeing as half of our country is on medication for mental illness don't think that subject requires more attention at 5 years old?

edit on 6/4/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

Another blank response.

I see you are just as confused about this issue as anybody else.

Did you read through the actual WA State document?

You DO NOT Dictate to me what or how I answer a question. I am NOT required to accommodate your "prerequisite".

What exactly do you think they are going to teach Kindergartners?

Are they going to whip out pix of vaginas and penises?

Did I read it - - or INTERPRET it?

Here's your PDF: www.k12.wa.us...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why because I think its stupid to teach five year olds gender studies?

Give me a break.

Get a clue.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have to go I dont have time to sit here and debate with you why this is so moronic and short sighted.

Teach tolerance and acceptance nothing else needs to be said.

Your trying to achieve some narrow minded objective that's irrelevant in a society built on accepting one anothers flaws and working towards creating a culture of love and compassion. Singling out gender studies is part of the sickness thats bringing this nation to it's knees and I wont conform to your sick idea of why this is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Where's the class on tolerance to mental illness? Seeing as half of our country is on medication for mental illness don't think that subject requires more attention at 5 years old?

There is a section on understanding mental illness in the guidelines.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If schools teach gender identity like they do math, we'll end up with an entire generation of men who won't know how to use their penis.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Freija

YES! Children do think about gender at 5 and transgender kids are particularly self-aware of their differences and have a certain mature understanding of it that obviously some adults still don't have.

Complete BS. Five year old kids are just barely learning how to count.

WOW! You really need to do some "read up" on the beginnings of gender awareness.

And I'm not even talking transgender.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
oh wait, let me whip out my calculator!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija
a reply to: xuenchen

That's wonderful! I think it is great that gender is discussed long before the issues of sexuality are involved because they aren't the same thing

That's terrible! These are 6 year olds who don't need to be taught this BS!

You do realize both of your sources are from recognized hate groups? It figures.

Recognized by whom? Progressive activists?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
so, somebody doing a curriculum in Washington state came up with this due to peer pressure, and hasn't yet themselves discovered the devine protection God gives the youth to discern spiritual intention.....the youth know just what they need at the correct time, it's supernatural......

Fact is, at the second grade level the attack is on. And so I now announce the Angels are warming their horses....and be certain....because I am sent to inform.....the youth of this generation....what are they....the post modern generation...., the youth of this generation will see their government run education system demolished for it's poor performance.

Yep, I'm saying the new world order is now exposed as a bad actor.....so we'll chit can it right away.

edit on 4-6-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess teaching math and English and science and history wasn't enough because the US ranks almost 50th in education.

:/

The educational system has to take over the role of parent now.

It's more important that we teach this young man:

That he's a hateful bigot. Who cares if he knows his letters of numbers or anything like that?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Let's be honest...

He is white..

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
so, somebody doing a curriculum in Washington state came up with this due to peer pressure, and hasn't yet themselves discovered the devine protection God gives the youth to discern spiritual intention.....the youth know just what they need at the correct time, it's supernatural......

GOD?

Divine protection of God?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That he's a hateful bigot. Who cares if he knows his letters of numbers or anything like that?

It's time he learn the inaccuracy of that statement.

(post by IridiumFlareMadness removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's time he learn the inaccuracy of that statement.

But it's not inaccurate. It's not a choice. It's as simple as that. Blather all you want, you're still wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Singling out gender studies is part of the sickness thats bringing this nation to it's knees and I wont conform to your sick idea of why this is a good thing.

Again, it's one small part of a much larger curriculum. I taught my own daughter at age 6 the general basic concept of a transgender person. It took me about 5 minutes. She got it no problem, and went on to have a lovely day. We talked about it in more detail as she got older. She knows lots of things, including algebra, geometry, American history, World history, biology, literature, vocabulary/grammar/spelling, writing and French. She's also learning about nutrition/cooking, astronomy, photography, art and music.

She's smart and more worldly than you are, apparently.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join