It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are we all so afraid of offending islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
it might just be me but im watching all my values being threatened to appease even apparently moderate muslims < i can no longer buy alot of groceries because they are halal in australia,im talking most meat and dairy is halal most school food is halal so where are my rights as a non muslim to eat certain food that has not been prayed over by someone i consider to be against everything that i beleive in , even to the point where some cashiers refuse to touch my bacon so im supposed to go to another checkout wtf

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Because we are living in the time of political correctness and if you have an opinion about something that goes against the majority of retards these days you are a racist bigot etc.

it's a sad society we live in. I share your frustration

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: babalon1971

I'm not. It just another manmade religion just like all the others............and they suck. You are better off just doing what's right .....hope for the best.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
This is economics pure and simple.
With the exception of butchering, most food we eat is halal with or without the sticker.
All the sticker means is that it doesnt come into contact with anything haram.
We have the stickers so we can export the product to muslim countries, it is not that anything special has happened to the food.

I dislike all dogmatic religions and probably rate islam and judaism on the same level just slightly below christianity but this is an example of unnecessary and unjustified fear
edit on 4/6/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If they won't touch BACON..... Then I'm sorry, but they aren't even human.

At this point we are talking about what an object thinks about something..... Who cares what your laptop thinks about the pron you watch on it?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Majority of people aren't "afraid to" offend islam, your infidel existence offends automatically. If someone is afraid of offending islam their choice and only choice is to convert.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I don't live in your country so, this may sound ignorant but... Seriously? A cashier honestly, in your experiences has refused to touch bacon?

AND you're telling me there is no alternative to certain, heavily consumed products? It's halal or nothing?? That's absurd.

Either you're lying or you need to find a new grocery store. I really hate coming off as argumentative/hostile like this, and I'm no "snowflake" (god as my witness) but this just seems off.

I see no reason for you to lie about such things unless you're just trying to fit a narrative. Therfore i will not assume as such. So, maybe talk to the owner of your local market and see if he's possibly a very devout Muslim. That's the only thing that would make logical sense.

Or maybe I'm just lucky to live in the USA, where I can purchase my staples from an establishment of my choosing. Be it the Amish butcher, the middle eastern peoples, (most of which is halal) kosher food from the deli or the classic, no one gives a eff about your religion supermarket.

edit on 4-6-2016 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Offend, grow up dude, or put on your wife's cooking apron.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
Because we are living in the time of political correctness and if you have an opinion about something that goes against the majority of retards these days you are a racist bigot etc.

it's a sad society we live in. I share your frustration

I like succinct ... so ... full quote.

I like irony ... so ... I laugh in the general direction of the majority of retards. Why promote something you do not fully understand? And, why perpetuate something that obviously would prefer seeing you dead? I get the same feeling when I see a 'self cutter'. I wish in my heart that they'd 'just do it' and get it over with already. LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Dude, nearly everything is naturally Halal. A lot of "Halal" labeling is pointless, kind of like the "gluten free" labels on fruit. All fruits, grains, and vegetables are naturally Halal. And the foods that the Qur'an forbids for us are blood, pig, something that's dead when we find it (carrion), and things that are killed in the name of another deity. And the Qur'an even allows us to eat those if we need to. Everything else is Halal.

Qur'an 2:173, Pickthall translation (here)

He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swineflesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Qur'an 16:115, Pickthall translation (here)

He hath forbidden for you only carrion and blood and swineflesh and that which hath been immolated in the name of any other than Allah; but he who is driven thereto, neither craving nor transgressing, lo! then Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

It also forbids eating animals that are strangled to death, beaten to death, killed by being gored to death by horns, and meat that is devoured by wild beasts. These extra rules all deal with how the animal is killed.

Qur'an 5:3, Pickthall translation (here)

Forbidden unto you (for food) are carrion and blood and swineflesh, and that which hath been dedicated unto any other than Allah, and the strangled, and the dead through beating, and the dead through falling from a height, and that which hath been killed by (the goring of) horns, and the devoured of wild beasts, saving that which ye make lawful (by the death-stroke), and that which hath been immolated unto idols. And (forbidden is it) that ye swear by the divining arrows. This is an abomination. This day are those who disbelieve in despair of (ever harming) your religion; so fear them not, fear Me! This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion al-Islam. Whoso is forced by hunger, not by will, to sin: (for him) lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Human flesh is also indirectly forbidden because we're not supposed to dissect or damage a dead body. Everything not mentioned here is Halal. In other words, Halal isn't a big deal. And it's especially not a big deal for Christians and Jews, since the Bible and TaNaKh have far stricter requirements than Halal rules. In fact, many Muslims just get Kosher foods when Halal certified foods aren't available, since Kosher requirements are much stricter.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sargeras
If they won't touch BACON..... Then I'm sorry, but they aren't even human.

At this point we are talking about what an object thinks about something..... Who cares what your laptop thinks about the pron you watch on it?

I'm not human? Really? I don't personally touch pig bacon because I have no need to. Then again, I'm also a vegetarian so I don't deal with meats in general (though I'll prepare non-pork meats if I'm watching my nieces or nephews).

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't think this is about Islam. It is about a lack of or inability to be as passionate about our western values as they are about theirs. You can blame the progressive left for this, not Muslims.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

It's the progressive left's fault that a lot of foods in Australia apparently have Halal labels? Don't the food producers do this to increase the size of their customer bases?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Ummm...fear not...the genitalia mutilator...for they suffer inner condemnation and turmoil...
Fear not also...those who desire to throw from the buildings roof the ones that openly practice that which the ones throwing emulate in the shadows...
Fear not...those who seek to obviate their own pernicious transgressions by stoning to death rape victims...
Fear not also...the ones who lop off hands because hunger or starvation caused a single loaf of bread to be eaten without permission...
Nor...fear the head removers...for they are blinded by lust and have wandered too long under the blaze of sun...
Fear not the emulators of pedophilia...for they prey upon the smallest and most innocent...

Fear none of these...For they are the lowest of the low...cowards who skulk about doing the work of evil while proclaiming it to be good...and peace filled...

Only fear that they also cause the shadow of corruption to fall over your own eyes...to infiltrate your own heart...to desecrate your own spirit...as you also speak well of such as these...as you excuse such as minority...or cultural...and not recognize these acts stem from the very creator of their beliefs...their great prophet...

Walk not in their counsel...unless you too be judged among them...

YouSir
edit on 4-6-2016 by YouSir because: of that missing..."O"...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The OPs complaint is obviously a symptom of a wider concern. The OP title made that explicit. You are nit-picking.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

It sounds like there is now more choice instead of less.

But as a for being afraid to "offend Islam", it is more about being afraid of the subsequent response to offending Islam, which ranges from nothing to murder.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

most meat and dairy is halal
In Australia halal certification is big business, with the Government skimming off the top. The muslim's in Aust make million's out of this scam and make life difficult for normal aussies, with the costs of halal being passed onto the consumer. Eat PORK,PORK my boy, it's killed normally......

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I'm not. It just another manmade religion just like all the others............and they suck. You are better off just doing what's right .....hope for the best.

Cant' when the halal tax is enforced, and we HAVE to pay for it, same as kosher, but get this.

Vegemite. It's made out of spent yeast. from making beer. Alcohol.

We pay a halal tax on that. THEY WONT EAT IT. yet we're paying for it, to have them say we can.

I hope this thread goes well. I am vocal about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
This is economics pure and simple.
With the exception of butchering, most food we eat is halal with or without the sticker.
All the sticker means is that it doesnt come into contact with anything haram.
We have the stickers so we can export the product to muslim countries, it is not that anything special has happened to the food.

I dislike all dogmatic religions and probably rate islam and judaism on the same level just slightly below christianity but this is an example of unnecessary and unjustified fear

So WHy are we making single men millionaires from this?

Why are companies paying up to $25k a month for it.

More than a damn sticker.

edit on 4-6-2016 by Parafitt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Offend, grow up dude, or put on your wife's cooking apron.

And cook what?

It is not the fact things are halal. It is that we are being forced to PAY for certification.

God this topic, in every land is berated by idiots.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join