It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Now I have a much better idea of what's needed to be a successful adult.

Kids don't come with instructions because EVERY kid and EVERY parent are different. There is no manual because it would have to be unique to each child. In other words, what may have worked amazingly for you likely would fall flat with *some* other children.

Really the only lessons learned that can be passed from one parent to a new parent or not yet a parent is the technical stuff like diaper changes, home remedies for colic, general care, etc... I've got a 9 year old son who can bark up his knee and wants a tussle of his hair, slug to the shoulder, and a high five for it and an 8 year old daughter who wants big hugs, major production of bandaids and whatnot, and then wants goofiness or tickling to make her laugh afterward. EVERY KID IS DIFFERENT.

If this lady's two girls were scared to find 3 confused dudes in the bathroom, that's between them and their parent(s) NOT YOUR BUSINESS. My daughter is scared of the dark yet picks up every spider she finds in the house and carefully transports it outside. This isn't a parenting fail, it's a child quirk and I'll be damned if I give a flip who has a critical opinion over her fears just as I'd expect the parent of a girl scared of spiders to give a flip about my lack of concern over arachnophobia and children.

From the OP it sounds to me like the former ACLU head was in the wrong field because she actually thinks like a normal, self protective individual rather than a crusader willing to sink the entire ship just so a few birds don't get killed by the mast.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hmmm, so 3 trannys with deep voices walked in the bathroom and the kids were frightened and scared for their safety? Did the trannys expose themselves or offer to buy the kids?

Why is this an issue?

Thank you for also volunteering to let me watch your female family members piss. Give me directions now.

You're gonna look ridiculous trying to peak through the slits in the stall door.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Now I have a much better idea of what's needed to be a successful adult.

Kids don't come with instructions because EVERY kid and EVERY parent are different.

No kidding.

You seem to want to have a pissing contest. Not my thing.

Moved on.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13. There WAS a big programming mechanism ran on this planets humans not too far ago. I won't share names but they were the usual famous attention capturer...
Anyway in this program they basically controlled the mass collective consciousness of man... That its ok man to forget your manhood? I WATCHED THE WHOLE PLANET absorb the social mechanism program to see if further related situations would arise and they did. I hope I haven't offended anyone but my spirit isn't designed to follow mass group thinks, just because many others have. That's how you get physical evidence of mass minds programming...

VALIS!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: sycomix

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: research100

You got it. When my daughter was around 6, she saw a trans female who had barely begun transitioning. She was curious, but certainly not afraid. I told her that some people are born in the wrong body - that this person was always a girl on the inside, and was working to make her body fit that. That seemed to satisfy her curiosity and she forgot about it 5 minutes later. No biggie.

Seriously ?

Far be if from me to tell someone else how to parent.

I would have waited until they were out of puberty, and turned 18 before ever having that conversation.

Parents should let KIDS be kids.

That's what I was saying before, to expose children to any sort of sexuallity before natural curiosity denotes is ABUSE!!!

What sexuality? The trans female wasn't having sex with anyone when my daughter saw her.

So cute. The SJW doesn't understand the differences between intercourse, sex, and gender. If you're going to be part of the war on words it would behoove you to atleast know what they mean before you take them away from us.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt

Neither are planes, trains or automobiles. And you don't see guns in nature either. Not natural!

Planes fly in the sky, not swim in the sea.
Trains ride on tracks, not the freeway.
Automobiles are not bicycles.
Guns have restrictions on where they can be used.

This is why this situation is where it is. Logic failure to justify everything.

I'm going to transition into a doberman. And bark from midnight till 6am. And if anyone complains, you're a bigot.

I identify as an attack helicopter so watch out! On a bad day I can just blow sh*t up!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

Yeah gender dysphoria mumbo jumbo can take a leap, you are what you are, no amount of Frankensteinian hack jobery is gona change the DNA. My brain told me when I was a kid I had an invisible friend. Did that make him real? Hell no!

When I grew up, I wanted to be a fire truck.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: neo96

Now that you mentioned pedophilia. The way this modern world is evolving, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in the next 50 years, people fight for the rights of pedophills. I mean, it's not their fault, they are just born that way? You don't want to give them rights? Discrimination! You old fashioned fart! It's the modern era.
Right?

Salon already is. They discuss it somewhere here on ATS recently. It's #ing disgusting turns my stomach.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Annie, i think you may be missing the entire point here... Most People Don't Want Men in the Women's Washrooms for OBVIOUS REASONS.

It's becoming a big problem for those who wish to Protect their Children, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.

What about My Rights, What about Children's Rights to be Scared or must that Now be put into a Petrie dish along with all other things PC and regurgitated as another Snowflake Agenda, because.... they don't have enough already?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
I knew you all skipped over those videos, nay-zees.

LOL then you watch them and tell us what they say!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Annie, i think you may be missing the entire point here... Most People Don't Want Men in the Women's Washrooms for OBVIOUS REASONS.

I'm not.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

None.

And how pampered are they?

I don't like all this cheerful gaiety. It's harmful and dangerous. The great Buddha Yeshe Tsogyal taught us the benefit of suffering, it is indeed a great treasure and we cannot underestimate it.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

You're confusing pedophiles with child molesters. There are actually pedophiles that are horrified with it and hate themselves for it (their pedophilia.) Unfortunately, it's not exactly easy to go up to anyone and say "I think I'm a pedophile, I need some sort of help." The majority of people would probably give them a funny look and walk away or start yelling at them, then there's also the ones that would try to put a bullet in their head or attack them.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I'm still trying to figure the odd's of 3 transgenders being in the same washroom at the same time?..a convention?

Predator's hunt in packs. I find it funny how the liberals in the thread are so quick to throw the African American Female ACLU lawyer under the bus the SECOND she disagrees with their playbook. Dat left loyalty.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
How do you know shes not a transgender wigger?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
What's amazing is the Progressives went too far even for the head of the ACLU.

Right? I didn't know there WAS left of the ACLU...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Parafitt

Neither are planes, trains or automobiles. And you don't see guns in nature either. Not natural!

Planes fly in the sky, not swim in the sea.
Trains ride on tracks, not the freeway.
Automobiles are not bicycles.
Guns have restrictions on where they can be used.

Still not found in nature. We must eliminate them because they are not natural.

Here's the thing. The brain is a fascinating organ, and still a mystery as to how it all works. We know that sometimes the wiring can get messed up. That's a fact. Logic.

Some people have brains where the wiring connected to gender identity doesn't match the physical body. Those brains work just fine in every other way. People with gender dysphoria are perfectly capable of holding down jobs, raising children and living normal lives in every other way. A person who tries to live like a dog, however, is unable to function properly in a human society. So your analogy is a logic fail.

Yep and this Gender Dysphoria is nothing but messed up wires, just like schizophrenia

There is no drug that will solve gender dysphoria. You can't talk it away with therapy. You can't medicate it away. You can't pray it away. All those things have been tried and failed. This is different than something like schizophrenia.

There are a lot of mental illness that cannot be cured. What is the point you are trying to make?

We went through this exact same line of thought with homosexuals.

Everyone's brain tells them who they are. Some brains tell them their sexual orientation is to same sex.

They still get up, put their pants on one leg at a time, go to work, raise a family, etc etc etc.

Same thing with transgender. They're perfectly normal, except their brain gender doesn't match their physical sex.

Illness would indicate they can't live a normal life, going to work, raising a family, etc.

There is no illness.

Definatly not true. Your assertion that someone with a mental illness would not be capable of doing those things and therefore somehow supportive of your argument is patently wrong.

Take psychopaths for instance. Right away most think of a murderous loon while by and large this is not the case. There are loads of people out there that are diagnosed with it. They are born with it. Yet most of them lead very normal lives and are married with children, have a job, the works. That still does not take away that they have that mental illness, one that cannot be cured.

Your arm is getting longer from reaching.

Gender is in the brain. Even the heterosexual brain. Are they mentally ill too?

If only homosexual sex produced babies, then yes it would be mentally ill to be heterosexual. It's ok. It's God and Nature's way of weeding out the weak links in an over populated environment. So it all works out in the end.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

No, you aren't determined to protect your children. Protecting children is protecting children, not violently assaulting strangers or denying them access to public bathrooms because you don't like the way they're dressed, the way they look, the way they sound, etc. The only valid argument is the way they act (that being, whether they are doing something illegal or not.)

There was someone here determined to attack a drag queen over their simple existence (in either bathroom, presumably even if they were just washing their hands and about to leave) if one of their kids (male or female) were there. This can be extrapolated to also attacking them in elevators, stores, and other relatively confined locations (unless the person is a massive hypocrite who just wants to let off violent urges in the bathroom where he's less likely to be caught, using the children as an excuse.)

Tell me, when will the "transgender people" or "drag queen" bathrooms start being constructed? The special trams? Separate, but equal.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: chrismarco

I find this behaviour really paranoid. I don't know what the problem in the US is that has caused this behaviour but I've never heard of anything like it where I live.

Is that how bad things are in the US? Can't let your kids go to the bathroom without worrying about some sicko.. Is it that dangerous to be out and about in the US? When did this happen.. is this a recent development? Sounds pretty crazy to me. Coddling kids like this. At the end of the day you can't be with them all of the time.

Crime, Violent Crime, and Crimes Against Children are all at record lows in the USA but hype fear and MSM scare tactics are at an all time high.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If we're supposed to be weeding out weak links then why are we keeping babies with genetic disabilities alive?

Ever so slightly curb the growth, perhaps, but homosexual people not reproducing is an extremely minor influence on human population. You would probably have to look forward tens of thousands, if not millions of years, to see a sizable difference. (Assuming there are no natural disasters or other things like food and space shortages that hamper the population, which there will be.)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join