It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Brain scan science is kinda "newish".

Basic scientific method is not.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

Using a sci-fi movie quote in your argument?

Also, I forgot to comment about the 'newish' brain scan science. Yes, it is new. People know they are looking at brain activity. They do not know what that activity represents.

Also... 500 years ago the 'everyone' that quote is referring to actually knew the earth was round. The question was how big it was.

Using a "dead end" statement in yours?

Some scientist you are.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That is one odd example, we as a society take tisk, This is not one we need to take.

Catch me a year ago and I would have agreed with you invoking non-aggression and natural rights.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

That is one odd example, we as a society take tisk, This is not one we need to take.

Catch me a year ago and I would have agreed with you invoking non-aggression and natural rights.

Yes, it is an odd example. But, potent.

I lived before the Fair Housing Act, Disability Act, Civil Rights, Women's Rights, etc, etc, etc.

All had to be forced. All were right to be forced.

Sux that Equal Rights has to be forced, but it does.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm not talking about transgender people here.. I was talking about this general fear of letting kids do their business in public bathrooms alone that I've seen around the boards here these last few weeks. As a European I find it weird and totally alien.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It's a sick world because some men wanna be women and some women wanna be men?

If you like. I think the problem is the cult of fluid sexual identity. It is all about sex.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Using a "dead end" statement in yours?
Some scientist you are.

The scientific method is not a dead end.

You can imagine my opinion of your thoughts on my credentials.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

I'm not talking about transgender people here.. I was talking about this general fear of letting kids do their business in public bathrooms alone that I've seen around the boards here these last few weeks. As a European I find it weird and totally alien.

OK, honestly I wasn't sure what you meant.

I personally do not think a child should ever need to be separated from their caregiver.

There have been predators in bathrooms (not transgenders), but also bathrooms are dangerous. Tile, wet floors, hot water, even stuck doors.

I fully support dad's taking their daughters into the ladies room or men's room. Everyone pees. I don't get the big deal about bodily functions.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I guess you missed the entire OCCUPY movement, and all the violence around it simply because a minority was different.
Ya know where they were going around saying cut off their heads.

Actually no, it was because a minority of people ripped everyone off. They caused a massive worldwide implosion of the global banking system and caused the US housing market to implode.

That wasn't freedom of expression, or any kind of civil rights or anything. It was goddamned fraud. That's it. They propped up a false market and fed that market for years using fraudulent and illegal means, and nepotism prevented all of them ALL OF THEM, for being prosecuted for their crimes.

They wrapped up $#!##Y mortgages, packaged them into securities, sometimes so $#!##Y they would repackage them, then resell them, then pass it into the derivatives market where 50k could turn into millions, tens of millions, even hundreds of millions. They were leveraging nothing into millions of dollars. IT WAS THEFT. They don't have rights for stealing from people, simply because they are a minority of asshole bankers drunk with nepotism.

Wow.

And to the OP story, you know what it is? Its not a case of 3 men being in a bathroom at the same time as some "poor" woman's kids. Its a disgruntled employee who left her job. And now she made it political. She could've left with dignity, but didn't. Id be surprised if the event she's talking about even happened.

And even if it did, do you know what the scenario is?? Her kids, in the room as 3 people who identify as women. Non-issue. Were they pedophiles, were they violent, was there any crime committed?

If it was a man in a wig, (much different), if it was a pedophile, then it would be a pedophile in a wig. There is no data, no scientific evidence, no anthropological evidence, no anecdotal evidence AT ALL to suggest transgendered people are predators. In fact, your much worse off sending your kid to communion.

Yes. You read that right. Take the political BS and leave it in the window. Conservatives or Liberals or whoever, you are at much greater risk sending your kid to church, than you are sending them in the same bathroom as a transgendered person.

Let that thought simmer for a bit. Then check your priorities.
edit on 3-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Actually no, it was because a minority of people ripped everyone off. They caused a massive worldwide implosion of the global banking system and caused the US housing market to implode.

YES!

YES!

YES!

Everything 'wrong' in the world today is because of a tiny minority called the evil rich!

Governments didn't have nothing to do with it.

POLITICIANS didn't have nothing to do with it.

It's ALL the evil richs FAULT!.

Heard this song before.

The same song Ameircans have been hearing since before Wilson.

I'm changing the station.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I think as adults we need to let children make their mistakes, they need to be hurt, if only to learn. They need to touch that hot stove.

What age range are we talking about here by the way? Not ever being separated from their caregiver sounds pretty extreme to me. Are we talking about 3 or 4 year olds here? Or 10 year olds? I'm all for kids living the Bart Simpson lifestyle, doing stupid sh*t, it's a great lesson. They learn how to handle themselves.

Personally if I ever get kids I'll give them the harsh life I never got to experience, survival in the wilderness, foraging for food and hunting bear. That kind of stuff. I'll be like an Asian parent but it'll be all about extreme stoicism instead of education. An education fit for the end of the World and societal collapse. I'll even try to bind some demons to attack them so they can learn to conquer their fears better.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

I think as adults we need to let children make their mistakes, they need to be hurt, if only to learn. They need to touch that hot stove.

What age range are we talking about here by the way? Not ever being separated from their caregiver sounds pretty extreme to me. Are we talking about 3 or 4 year olds here? Or 10 year olds? I'm all for kids living the Bart Simpson lifestyle, doing stupid sh*t, it's a great lesson. They learn how to handle themselves.

Personally if I ever get kids I'll give them the harsh life I never got to experience, survival in the wilderness, foraging for food and hunting bear. That kind of stuff. I'll be like an Asian parent but it'll be all about extreme stoicism instead of education. An education fit for the end of the World and societal collapse. I'll even try to bind some demons to attack them so they can learn to conquer their fears better.

How many kids have you raised?

I'm kinda on my 3rd generation now.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

This is my first post/reply ever on ATS, so if i've done it wrong i apolagise. That being said, i can't stay silent anymore. Just so you understand who i am, i am a post op MTF transexual. First of all, i don't understand why this topic is even discussed on ATS. When i first learned of this site around 10 years ago, this site was about Top Secret information being suppressed by TPTB. It was my understanding that it was created to help get that sort of information out to the general public, because the creators of this site believed, as i do that we, the public have a right to know what sort of things TPTB are trying to keep from us. Things like are extraterestrials real? Are the stories the main stream media are telling us the truth. To give people to the best of all of our collective knowledge the REAL STORY! Not a place where we talk about nonsense! You might wonder why someone who is transgender would call this nonsense, i'll tell you. I came to grips with what i am in 2004, at that time i wasn't awake to the lies of this word. I believe i have a unique perspective on the world, let me explain. I like most trans people around my age or older, i'm 45 born in 1971 to a mostly conservative military family, did NOT understand what was wrong with me. I say that because i admit, i don't believe trans people are suppose to be born this way. Now many will attack me for saying that. I don't care. I wish i wasn't this at times, my life would be a hell of a lot easier if i wasn't. I won't get into all the details that led me to at 33 to accept the truth! This IS who i am! When i came out to everyone i was fired from my job of 16 years and lost everything and most everyone in my life. I don't want sympathy in some ways it was a blessing, around the same time i got my first computer, and started exploring the internet. I started my journey down the rabit hole, and man! It's deep! I realised most of what we hold dear is a lie! Our history, our beliefs, it was quite disturbing! I realised how we are all pawns of a group of individuals who are beant on contolling every aspect of our lives. All our lives. I learned how they manipulate us using our fear! How they think, that they want to reduce our population to a more manigable number. And the tools they use to acheive this goal. They are pitting us against each other! They want the jews and muslims fighting, they want the straights and gays fighting, they pit nation against nation, they want blacks and whites fighting! Those who are awake know this too! "Divide and conquer! They fear the people uniting! I beg of you! Do NOT play their game! Do NOT be. Pawn of these men! Stay focused on the IMPORTANT issues! Genetic manipulation of our food! Agenda 21! Lets show these bastards who has the REAL power! THE PEOPLE! We must put aside our differences! Because i assure you! We have more sames than differences. Now....lets join together and take them down!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Parenting doesn't automatically get better with volume, though. Joan Crawford comes to mind.
edit on 3-6-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Parenting doesn't automatically get better with volume, though. Joan Crawford comes to mind.

Who said anything about volume?

I've learned from my positives and negatives.

Not everyone is a learner, I am.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

My comment wasn't indicating that you aren't. I just find the "how many children have you raised" pissing contest to be ridiculous and extraordinarily nonsequitur to the conversation of how good a parenting job someone does.

I've met brand new moms and dads who were truly amazing parents and I've run into people with 10 kids who utterly sucked at it.

(post by WeAre0ne removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

My comment wasn't indicating that you aren't. I just find the "how many children have you raised" pissing contest to be ridiculous and extraordinarily nonsequitur to the conversation of how good a parenting job someone does.

I've met brand new moms and dads who were truly amazing parents and I've run into people with 10 kids who utterly sucked at it.

Why? If you haven't actually raised children, you tend to have a more idealistic concept of what its like. Rather then what it actually is.

As a new parent I did all kinds of stuff wrong. They don't come with instructions.

As a first time grandparent I did better.

Now I have a much better idea of what's needed to be a successful adult.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
She should teach her girls to go in a stall, pee and leave. Don't be hanging out in there looking at people. I don't even believe the story myself. Think about it, three men with beards and dresses going to the ladies room ???? in the south at that.....I think she is making this up but at the same time its open for discussion and if she said there is no openness to dialogue then go for it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

This is the new world and these girls are going to have to learn to live in it.

No mention of any frightening behaviors or gestures, they were only frightened of the appearance.

The mother didn't know how to handle it? How about telling the truth? Children are vastly more adaptable than we give them credit for. And if they are terrified? It's because the mother is.

Thank you for allowing me to watch you piss next time you need to. Can I have directions to your bathroom?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Hmmm, so 3 trannys with deep voices walked in the bathroom and the kids were frightened and scared for their safety? Did the trannys expose themselves or offer to buy the kids?

Why is this an issue?

Thank you for also volunteering to let me watch your female family members piss. Give me directions now.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join