It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Newborn Babies Dream.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

It's not like they're unconscious in there, you know.

Yep! I know! I had two - there were definitely very different personalities going on in both cases....
but I won't bore the boards with talk about prenatal details. Only if one has been a parent (and specifically, given birth to a child) can they truly enter the conversation regarding that experience.....

but everyone who sees a newborn ---- everyone ---- ought to realize that they are sentient beings when they are born.

They've had months of being in this dim little muffled world, listening to Mommy's inner workings and voice, feeling around in their little world, tasting the fluid they're floating in.

They have indeed. You are correct on both counts.

The question is

what do they dream about?
Because they definitely dream......and no one can tell us what they are dreaming ABOUT - it's just a thought-provoker...that's all.

edit on 6/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well, THAT for one. They've got several months of past experiences that have just abruptly changed in nature.

They're packing in lots of new information and experience every hour. So for them, that's a lot to dream about.

You could tell occasionally that my kids were dreaming about chow time.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

At least we were paying attention and trying to meet them on their own level! Right?

It is the job of the parents to figure out and adapt to whatever style of caring works best with that baby.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Having a 2 month old right now this topic has come up frequently in my house recently, and my wife loves to relate it to, and sing, this....

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: intrptr

Whatever do they dream as their eyes roam in rem sleep? I don't know about 'past lives'…

I think everything they experience early on is overwhelming, their little minds try and sort it out… such a big world, so much input.

Right?!!!

It really is interesting to think about.....
how does a baby who's been in utero for nine months and then emerges into this world even have anything to dream about?

My best inadequate answer for that is that we develop physically over time, but our character, our nature is complete, even in the womb. Why do some babies kick and others don't? Only a mother can tell how different each babies character is inside the womb. Some are restless, some want out, some are quiet and patient.

I think there is a real us at the center of it all , fully formed and unique, even in the womb we have our personality, probably even dream there, too.

About life.

Babies are born knowing only love and laughter. I think thats from a Bruce Lee movie. Later in life we learn all that other worldy stuff, most of which corrupts us.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
if the content of a dream can only be disclosed by the dreamer, then the question cannot be answered.
it's like asking what dogs dream about.

or perhaps the question is meant to draw into scrutiny the commonly held belief that dream content is dependent on prior sensory impressions? if this belief is true, then babies' dreams might be quite dull (as they don't have as great a stock of "images" to draw on).

so, is dreaming like tv inside your head with the content built solely from combinations or copies of prior impressions of sense? if not, then where else would dream content come from?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: birdxofxprey

so, is dreaming like tv inside your head with the content built solely from combinations or copies of prior impressions of sense? if not, then where else would dream content come from?

How about through the conduit of our soul?

In sleep our subdued conscious may be more open to the (ahem) spirit realm.

During the day we are deluged with sensory input, at night asleep, less so.

Edit:

if the content of a dream can only be disclosed by the dreamer, then the question cannot be answered.
it's like asking what dogs dream about.

I love watching pets dream, when my dog is in rem and her feet are twitching, shes chasing wabbits.

Babies rem sleep is also intriguing, they are barely out the womb and their eyes open. Surely they can't focus much or too far, so why the rapid eye movement in their dreams? I can only guess they must be as full of their own desires and fears as we are and are responding to stimuli as if they can see like we do.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

edit on 3-6-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

edit on 3-6-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Interesting. I had fun in Kenya, when ever I was in bus and there was usually many mothers with babies. I just mentally started talking to babies, and the mothers couldn't understand why the babies were looking at me and smiling. Many times they tried to crawl on my lap even. But not all babies were so sensitive or didn't care what I tried to say. I don't have much that kind of experience anymore as there are not many babies around, and I don't even remember anymore to talk to them if I see seldom. But some months ago I communicated with one baby and the mother was curious, but wasn't sure if she believed it, although she felt a bit strange how the baby behaved.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have a brand new fresh one (2 weeks), and I'd love to know what she's dreaming about.

She gives lots of little coos, stretches her arms out, then opens her eyes in amazement.

10 minutes later she's screaming, and maybe wants the same thing as Augustus Masonicus.
edit on 4-6-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
... and maybe wants the same thing as Augustus Masonicus.

Scotch?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Isn't it just amazing? I love thinking about it.....

we were definitely somewhere before we arrived here.......
culture shock!!!!

dream about before........

start integrating......then forget that - throw the files away....
this is your sophomore year now! (Well, put them in a box anyway.....for later compare/contrast exercises).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join