It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial scarcity through a debt based loan system. Solution: basic income?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
When I first found out about this I wondered why this wasn't more well known, how can a system that is so rigged not have been exposed already?

The way (by far most) of the money comes into the system is by the banks giving out loans.
So, a business gets started, the bank gives a loan of a 100, and they ask you a 110 back.
Giving -10 to the community and +10 for the bank (the 0.1%).

(And 'it gets even shadier: the bank books the +10 immediately before you've paid it back even, and spends it into the real economy as it wishes. The bank can borrow short from the Fed or private money markets to cover the $10 that hasn't yet been paid back, and keep the loan rolling over forever. Hence money is being created daily by the private sector, and used for consumption of real goods.')

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Benicealways

A basic income would not only remove all the stress and worry of not being able to survive (which nowadays, 100 years after a industrial revolution, shouldn't have to be a struggle anymore) might completely remove this idea of artificially created scarcity I belief.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Slavery still exists in the form of indentured servitude to the financial system.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Slavery still exists in the form of indentured servitude to the financial system.

When you think about it, the financial system is only another layer of control. The big plantations had banks in their pockets back in the day. If a bank failed ... the currency it issued failed as well.

The color of one's skin has never been a prime consideration when making slaves ... just what caste they belong to.

As to the OP: This is the chosen economic model of the West and the West's economic partners. This is the whole reason for the friction with China. Just you wait until the Ark lands.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. Henry Ford

The American Dream. Or the lie the public believes about our debt based fiat currency.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Where does the money come from? There are 300 million people in the US. If you guaranteed $30,000 a year to every man, woman, and child that is $9 Trillion PER YEAR. We only collect about $2.2 trillion in taxes per year!

Then what do you do when people waste their "basic income" on booze, hookers, blow, and 24 inch rims? Do you then just throw them out on the streets?

Injecting all the additional money into the system would result in inflation. In the short term, you may see some economic boost, but as price discovery occurs, prices will rise and those people will still be broker than a muddfudda.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Banks are causing the debt so how does it make sense to place the burden on the employer?

The right answer is that we need to get rid of the cancer: The Federal Reserve, IMF, foreign central banks and the BIS.

These are instruments of the Rothschilds' debt based monetary system.

The real issue is the debasement of the currency ie inflation by the central banks. Their process of constantly increasing the money supply and devaluing our currency is the reason why prices are so high. That and the fact that all commodities are priced in dollars.

We could afford much more with the same amount of money (or even less) if they would stop destroying the dollar's value.

Ron Paul was the only one with enough heart to take on the Federal Reserve. No one else in government has the courage.

For an EXCELLENT overview of the monetary system, take the time to watch this video (doesnt have to be all at once). Even though its 4 hours long, its the best 4 hours youll have spent.

Should be required viewing for EVERY child in America:

edit on 1-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That just shows the brokenness of the monetary system.
Back in the day, 80-90% of the people we're needed to work on the land, now in developed countries it's 5-10%.

Back in the day, a shoe maker could maybe make a few shoes a day, now an automated factory pumps out thousands.

It costs a fraction of a workweek to supply the basic goods.
Most people (I assume 80-90% or more) have way more ambition than to sit on the couch, with just the basics, and watching TV.
We come into this world full of passion and joy, creativity and a lust for life. It's the (school) system that shapes us into a rather small box and makes us believe there is not enough to go around and that you need to work at least 6 hours a day in order to survive.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Atleast 6 hours a day? You mean atleast 8 hours a day?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benicealways

A basic income would not only remove all the stress and worry of not being able to survive (which nowadays, 100 years after a industrial revolution, shouldn't have to be a struggle anymore) might completely remove this idea of artificially created scarcity I belief.

Agreed

But who are you taking the money from to provide a basic income?

As for debt, well, people need to be more educated on the risks they take when they sign legal documents.
edit on 6/1/2016 by Pyrrho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Exactly!

It boggles my mind how many people are clueless about our totally corrupt financial system.

I agree the material covered in the video should be a mandatory class before a H.S. diploma.

However the same corrupt bankers control the education system.

I just pray it collapses soon so maybe my grandchildren wont grow up indebted to these evil bastards.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The Creature from Jekyll Island is a good read and goes into the history of the fed and banking cartel. Very informative.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

Sorry, I'm from Europe.

You know what's funn- sad, the hunter gatherer societies worked about 4-6 hours a day and have it better than a lot of people today.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

The resources, as they are free. The technology, as they are resources. And finally, the people who want to have more than the basics.

Virtually all the money of a basic income goes back into the community whereas billionaire bankers put it off shore.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The resources, as they are free. The technology, as they are resources. And finally, the people who want to have more than the basics.

Virtually all the money of a basic income goes back into the community whereas billionaire bankers put it off shore.

That money is invested. It is why you can get things like mortgages, loans for businesses, etc. Billionaires are not hiding their money under their dog house in their backyard.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Edumakated

That just shows the brokenness of the monetary system.
Back in the day, 80-90% of the people we're needed to work on the land, now in developed countries it's 5-10%.

Back in the day, a shoe maker could maybe make a few shoes a day, now an automated factory pumps out thousands.

It costs a fraction of a workweek to supply the basic goods.
Most people (I assume 80-90% or more) have way more ambition than to sit on the couch, with just the basics, and watching TV.
We come into this world full of passion and joy, creativity and a lust for life. It's the (school) system that shapes us into a rather small box and makes us believe there is not enough to go around and that you need to work at least 6 hours a day in order to survive.

That's called progress and why the standard of living in America and first world countries is so high even for the poor.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The Creature from Jekyll Island is a good read and goes into the history of the fed and banking cartel. Very informative.

That is a new one to me, I will add it to my reading list.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You could open up space mining and unleash the corporations then just tax them a reasonable amount and voila you have hard assets backing up the basic income.

That wont happen though as the mil complex will not share or cooperate until they are good and ready which won't be anytime soon.

As for the Federal Reserve I say just keep kicking that can down the road and maybe if we are lucky china or russia will say fug it and nuke the # out of it.

Its the only way to penetrate their network of over paid goombas with licenses to kill and harass the competition (general public).

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This can't happen until our collective minds culturally adapt to the idea that every human no longer needs to work in order to produce all of the needs necessary for humans in order to sustain life.

The mentalities you will encounter as resistance to this ideology will be, everyone is lazy, no one will do anything, what will people do and so on.

In the grand scheme of things none of this will matter as human are able to free their minds from menial labor we will begin to question culture and the human mind. Space travel, exploring consciousness and humanitarian efforts will be the forefront of economy and part of the collective effort.

This won't happen in your lifetime but your beginning to see the birth pains and contractions now. It's going to be a painful process.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The resources are free? They just magically appear out of nowhere?

The technology? Where do you get it from? Who discovers the technology, and who has incentive to over achieve and research new technology to further advance this new society?

How do you reconcile the inefficiency of such a large government, which would no doubt have to use violence to force the entire population to give up their individual liberties to make this system work?

And what do you do when the billionaires take their money and leave? Every industry they have money in disappears, too. They aren't going to participate in such a corrupt system, and neither will large parts of the working population. We take away their freedom and tell them to participate or else?

I don't think you understand the implications. Maybe you can go immigrate to North Korea or elsewhere that you might enjoy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join