It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after guest's Trump comments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So Glenn Beck has a guest on his radio show at SiriusXM and the guest bashes Trump.

Now SiriusXM is suspending the Beck show because of the wild comments made by the guest (author Brad Thor).

The controversy will certainly add votes for Trump as has Beck's own anti-Trump rhetoric on the show and in the recent past.

read the wild comments in the story .....
SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after guest's Trump comments

SiriusXM has suspended Glenn Beck after an interview he did last week with author Brad Thor about a "hypothetical" situation where Donald Trump was president and abusing his power.

Thor mused on the air since Congress will not be able to remove Trump from office should he be elected, "what patriot will step up and do that if, if, he oversteps his mandate as president?" Beck said he agreed with his guest's comment.

Both Beck and Thor came under fire for their comments. Thor defended himself on Twitter saying, "What @glennbeck & I discussed was a hypothetical scenario in which a President Trump goes full dictator."

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Beck is a feckless turd.

BTW, I thought he was dying of some rare illness? What happened? Was that more BS to garner sympathy?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Doesn't Beck just remind you of the kid who always got bullied on the playground? And then was dumb enough to mock you once you got back to class ... so it could all happen again tomorrow.

LOL

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Just wondering why Glenn Beck is even news anymore?

And I doubt anyone cares.

Seems he does things like this to remind us he is still there...what a smuck he has become.
edit on 31-5-2016 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

When I think of Glenn Beck, I think of flying spittle.

Very untidy.

As for the guest on his show... who is Brad? Bad Brad.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

He's such a drama queen so who knows what's wrong with him but we all can agree there is something wrong with him. About a year ago or so, he stated he was mentally ill but thanks to spinning around in circles he's healed. I'm not even making that up.

It's great that Sirius suspended him, the same network that hosts the Howard Stern show! Ah Beck, you dumbass.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Everytime I see Glen Beck, I think of " Ralphie, you'll shoot your eye out kid!"

" You'll shoot your eye out, you'll shoot your eye out............."

Ahhhh, to relive the good years of my life!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pharyax
Beck is a feckless turd.

BTW, I thought he was dying of some rare illness? What happened? Was that more BS to garner sympathy?

He remains a delusional whackjob. Seriously, his chalkboard 'theories' were entertaining, albeit in a 'my god, this man is having a public breakdown' way.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, it's only for a week guys,

Mind you, the words are a little less than ambiguous, sure scared the hell out of the Sirius crowd.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed Beck, even though I fully disagree with him regarding Trump.

As far as SiriusXM goes, they suck pretty bad. I dropped my subscription years ago when they suspended Opie and Anthony for 30 days following the Homeless Charlie debacle. I'm not giving my money to any company that believes they know what I should find funny or offensive better than I, myself, do. Screw them and their idiotic pandering policies.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I really like Glen Beck normally as one of the few Libertarian radio personalities available, but he does have a tendency to push his religion and Ted Cruz a bit too much for my taste. He has never liked Trump and is one of the people that is really butt hurt over his candidate being beaten out by someone he doesn't like.

Glenn will be fine eventually. I think he is just too proud to admit he was wrong about who would win the Republican Presidential nod. Personally, my candidate for the Republicans was Dr. Carson so I also lost out.

(post by syrinx high priest removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

IMO even that is too good for him...

At one time I thought he was interesting to watch, but once he went over the deep end that's where I had to tap out.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's great that Sirius suspended him, the same network that hosts the Howard Stern show! Ah Beck, you dumbass.

Let's not forget these shows...

Opie and Anthony

Bennington show( best known by Ron and Fez )

Just saying...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: masqua

IMO even that is too good for him...

At one time I thought he was interesting to watch, but once he went over the deep end that's where I had to tap out.

What is it specifically you don't like about Beck? I have disagreements with him on certain subjects, but I don't get to the point of hating the man.

What gives?

edit on 2016/5/31 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
the best job for Beck is to be a mattress salesman....they throw B.S. around just to make their commission

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Swills

Let's not forget these shows...

Opie and Anthony

Bennington show( best known by Ron and Fez )

Just saying...

For what it's worth, SiriusXM neutered both shows so badly that they hardly even counted as edgy anymore. As Stern mellowed, it was fairly obvious that Mel Karmazin saw a distinct need to ensure Stern remained the edgiest and most "shock jock" of the various programs, done not by insisting Howie kept pushing the envelope, but rather done by pushing the other shows downward.

While I canceled my subscription 9 years ago, I continued to listen to pirated streams of O&A and R&F for quite awhile. The firing of Anthony for a natural and arguably justified outburst a couple of years ago was really the last straw. The quality of the show had decreased thanks to corporate's BS, but when they went all-in and fired a talent simply because he had an opinion that failed to pander to their interests, I was done even stealing their content from them.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Glenn will be fine eventually. I think he is just too proud to admit he was wrong about who would win the Republican Presidential nod. Personally, my candidate for the Republicans was Dr. Carson so I also lost out.

You didn't listen to the conversation in the video link then, he freely admits he was wrong, and bewildered really.
The main talk after, is the consequences of what happens if and when Trump does get into the White house, and in the main the conversation was probably not too far out, there will be a President who crosses the fine line between a powerful President, and an outright dictator, the kind of stuff that media used to talk smugly about as being in the 'third world' ??

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I forgot about O&A, I guess Sirius was onto something being that A lost his job altogether, or last I heard.

I never heard of the Bennington show.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I guess you're right that Stern has mellowed over the years because even he admits that himself. Back when he was starting off in radio and then taking off he talks about what a mad man he was and that he's not that guy anymore and his listeners agree BUT I wouldn't say he's lost his edge. Stern is still up to his old tricks and new ones but what I love him most for, besides his comedy, is his interview style and who he gets on the show. Just today he had on Steve Miller and it was awesome.

edit on 31-5-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join