It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SiriusXM suspends Glenn Beck after guest's Trump comments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I've tried to avoid listening to Beck since he went full out Cruzlim. He's been off the rails for a couple of years now anyway.

That said, I actually heard the Brad Thor interview live, on the way back from doctor's office last week. I thought it was very hyperbolic and hysterical. I thought they went right up to the line of what is acceptable political discourse in relation to assassination talk, and tapped a toe over it a couple of times. I don't offend easily and Beck is a loon anyway, but Thor kinda pissed me off.
Win or lose, I'm thankful for the Trump candidacy showing us the enemies of the Amercan people that have been hiding inside the GOP wrapping themselves in the flag,and thumping a Bible while selling us out to godless Chi-coms, Arab sheiks, and souless corporate interests.
edit on 31-5-2016 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Pfft...

Crocodile tears indeed.

Look up glen beck vicks vaporub video. All over the place. That is how he brings his tears.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Folks this Beck meltdown is the SECOND time he threatened Trump. Much earlier, when his beloved Jed Bruz was still in the running, Beck threatened to stab either one of his co-hosts (Stu?) or Trump himself in one of his rants. He acknowledged, on air, that he DID infact receive a DESERVED visit from the United States Secret Service.

The exchange between Thor and Beck should have elicited "bring a lawyer" level interrogations. Not something to joke about at all.

I did tune in today, he was "off" the Memorial Day holiday.

Riiiiight.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Glenn Beck began his 'career' in radio (1986) as a 'Morning Zoo' personality... Howard made fun of him a lot.. had MUCH more audio than this video.

edit on 6/1/2016 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ah yes - the old ` hypothetical discussion ` regarding :

a hypothetical scenario in which a President Trump goes full dictator."

why is this a recurring fantasy for wingnuts ?

i am convinced that some of them are willing it to happen - so they can be " patriots "

fooking pack of cockwombles

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Glenn Beck is an idiot, a tool, and a waste of even stale office air.
I couldn't listen to his show if I tried - I'd be throwing up in my mouth at the first syllable.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You don't talk about killing people. And the Tweet Thor sent shows what a clueless moron he is.

"I mean, uh...'hypothetically speaking' of course, who's gonna ice this guy."

OK, Sirius is gonna do, what they're gonna do.

But really? Potential presidential candidates and potential presidents are sacred now and we dare not talk about assassinating them?

Than what was all that about GW? How many times was there assassination talk about him? How many times has someone said something similarly stupid about Obama.

They made an entire movie about assassinating Bush and I don't recall anyone losing their jobs over it. No one was fired from Game of Thrones when Bush's head graced a pike. A rodeo clown did get fired for wearing an Obama mask though ...

Somehow, I just don't see where this was suddenly beyond the pale in this country.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Doesn't Beck just remind you of the kid who always got bullied on the playground? And then was dumb enough to mock you once you got back to class ... so it could all happen again tomorrow.

LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Think about it this way... What are these fools going to talk about after the election if Trump wins? They, as in Beck, Hannity and Levin have had 8 years of success bashing Obama and the democratic party. If Trump wins and with the house majority republicans, they don't have a good show anymore, so they are getting on the bashing Trump bandwagon to keep their shows alive.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire
Think about it this way... What are these fools going to talk about after the election if Trump wins? They, as in Beck, Hannity and Levin have had 8 years of success bashing Obama and the democratic party. If Trump wins and with the house majority republicans, they don't have a good show anymore, so they are getting on the bashing Trump bandwagon to keep their shows alive.

Really?

They had plenty of material with Bush. They'll have plenty with Trump. If nothing else, the TDS that is running rampant will keep them going.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Really?

They had plenty of material with Bush. They'll have plenty with Trump. If nothing else, the TDS that is running rampant will keep them going.

Yes. They all have multiple years contracts with SirusXM and they need to honor those contracts. What I'm saying is, with these fools, it doesn't matter who is in office, they will find something to bash them and SirusXM pays them for it so they just need to step aside and let them do their job. It's like a comedian, it's time for new material.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

They just shift from offense to defense is all, they still have plenty to talk about. The tone simply changes from how bad things are under an inept leader to how good things are under the second coming of President Jesus.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I used to love glenn beck but he has really lost it!

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bernie3535

Glenn Beck is a nutjob. Whatever he started out doing is no longer relevant.
(Welcome to ATS!)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Threatening the president of the United States is a class E Felony under USC 18 section 871. It is also a felony to threaten Trump in the same way as he is a candidate for president and hence, a potential president (it's why he got SS detail). This law has been in place since the early 1900's. It's found that 75 percent of these people who make these threats are mentally ill , and the act seeks to protect public officials from actually being assassinated.

Beck and his buddy were careful in what they said, but only did so to avoid prosecution under the law, that does not mean we are dumb enough not to know what Beck was doing and saying, and why. Are there more important things than seeking to protect the life of the president in this country? No... that is up there with fighting ISIS and protecting our borders. I don't want Obama assassinated either, impeached under the law yes, assassinated no...

Trump isn't even in office yet and people are threatening his life over things they think, not even things based in reality, just things they think could/might be, like in the future based on if's. It's more than a little insane - the ranks of which Beck has joined. I'd fire him in a heartbeat as that is a sign of serious mental instability, and that has a tendency to unravel in the worst ways and the most inopportune times for the rest of us.

He needs help, honestly. And I am sorry for you that you think assassinating people who are running for president because you disagree with them is a viable alternative, or something that can or should even be advocated, or that there should be no protection against such actions against a presidential candidate before the electorate of the country can be heard. He is the nominee for the highest office in the land. Only nut cases think we should kill anyone we disagree with.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Please, yes, let's make all kinds of assumptions.

I am merely pointing out that this stuff has happened in this country with prior presidents and presidential candidates.

Bush Head

Bush Assassination Flick

Obama Threats, some real, some perceived

So when they turn the talk to Trump that has been used with prior candidates/presidents, I fail to see where this is anything that is suddenly shocking.
edit on 1-6-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Your making the assumption it was okay with anyone - and that is an incorrect premise. It is not okay, no matter who the recipient.

Again, most of the people who make these types of threats, are found to be mentally ill. Most people, if they don't do as Beck did and say it in a manner that skirts prosecution by the skin of their teeth, are prosecuted under the law, as they should be.

It doesn't matter which side is doing the threatening, it is never okay, never right - and never a sign of good mental health. If your "guy" doesn't get elected because the majority does not want him, it is the majorities choice. You lost, you get over it, and if you were right about the reasons you did not cast your vote for the oppositions guy, you hope your side can pick up the pieces and move on when their guy's term is ended. It's not always gonna be your way in this nation - and its never okay to advocate murder.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

I've always said that Pat and Stu (the people he does the show with) are the ones that anchor him. Beck is prone to spin out of control, I think it might be ego related. Several years ago he was actually pretty good when he had a morning radio show, but then he got on Fox and went crazy. They fired him and he regained a little bit of composure, then he had success with making his own network and spiraled out of control again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join