It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Memorial Day from another flag hating public official

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
So now flying an American Flag in the US itself is illegal? What us this idiocy? The flag is a symbol of the US itself. It's also a sign of respect to the country itself and the people who defend it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My father fought for this flag and still was shtted on. America the home of pretending we are the best.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaibaTheJedi
So now flying an American Flag in the US itself is illegal? What us this idiocy? The flag is a symbol of the US itself. It's also a sign of respect to the country itself and the people who defend it.

It's not illegal, not a single state has passed a law making it illegal, neither has the federal government. What you have here is some overzealous official who doesn't even know their own city regulations and felt like being a jerk. I happened to look it up, and a flag can't apply to a sign ordinance because their definition of a sign specifically excludes flags.

Sign
A name, identification, description, display, or illustration which is affixed to, or
represented directly or indirectly upon, a building, structure, or piece of land, and
which directs attention to an object, project, place, activity, person, institution,
organization, or business. However, a "sign" shall not include any display of
official court of public office notices nor shall it include the flag, emblem, or
insignia of a nation, political unit, school, or religious group.
A "sign" shall not
include a sign located completely within an enclosed building, which sign is not
visible from outside the building, unless the context shall so indicate.

www.cityofwestland.com...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: xuenchen

I thought I would never live long enough to see the day that flying an American flag on your property would be iligal.

This should tell Americans where we are headed for.

My "opinion" is the people who passed this ordinance are anti-Americans.

It's a slap in the face of all who died protecting our freedoms.

Those commies are persistent, the globalist agenda in action. Take down your flags and send in the raping hordes from the middle east to pop out submissive slaves from your daughters wombs.

What does this article have to do with Commies, globalists, the ME, and our children?

It's almost as if you had a checklist of "things that scare Americans more than their own national deficit," and had to somehow squeeze them into this.

Absolutely incredible. This has nothing to do with the ME, this has to do with an idiotic city-worker with a distorted perception.

"Take down your flags and send in the raping hordes from the ME," is somehow supposed to be relevant to THIS particular article?

Wow, some of you folks should consider working for FOX or CNN.

You spread your own version of venemous propoganda.

I have a flag about three feet away from me and an elderly woman just commented on it.

Where are these "raping hordes," you speak of?

Good God, what a shameless society. Get a grip on reality.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

It is all about suppressing the national identity.

You got that right! Suppression by denial of the right to fly the flag and suppression by the open borders policy.

And......its working!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
so OP, you googled this relentlessly yesterday and could only find 2 examples ?

not bad for 300 million people eh ?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I spent this years Memorial day in lower Alabama for the first time as opposed to Colorado. Flags everywhere. In peoples front lawns, in front of every business, even lining both sides of the highways! I was at the dollar store and a woman in front of me bought 28 flags! Ive got to say, i think it is freaking awesome and I am really impressed. People actually give a # about America down here.

edit on 30-5-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: xuenchen

I thought I would never live long enough to see the day that flying an American flag on your property would be iligal.

This should tell Americans where we are headed for.

My "opinion" is the people who passed this ordinance are anti-Americans.

It's a slap in the face of all who died protecting our freedoms.

Those commies are persistent, the globalist agenda in action. Take down your flags and send in the raping hordes from the middle east to pop out submissive slaves from your daughters wombs.

What does this article have to do with Commies, globalists, the ME, and our children?

It's almost as if you had a checklist of "things that scare Americans more than their own national deficit," and had to somehow squeeze them into this.

Absolutely incredible. This has nothing to do with the ME, this has to do with an idiotic city-worker with a distorted perception.

"Take down your flags and send in the raping hordes from the ME," is somehow supposed to be relevant to THIS particular article?

Wow, some of you folks should consider working for FOX or CNN.

You spread your own version of venemous propoganda.

I have a flag about three feet away from me and an elderly woman just commented on it.

Where are these "raping hordes," you speak of?

Good God, what a shameless society. Get a grip on reality.

And you sir, make their agenda run. You are the fuel for their engines, the oil for it's moving parts, the lips of their public relations. The globalists couldn't pay for a better lackey than one like yourself who placates the masses with their social media opinions. Slowly covering yourself with sand one grain at a time until you notice you are stuck, then it is too late.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I spent this years Memorial day in lower Alabama for the first time as opposed to Colorado. Flags everywhere. In peoples front lawns, in front of every business, even lining both sides of the highways! I was at the dollar store and a woman in front of me bought 28 flags! Ive got to say, i think it is freaking awesome and I am really impressed. People actually give a # about America down here.

Did you notice an absence of liberalism by chance?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Always here to be an asshole arent ya mate? It has its ups and downs. Independent has its advantages ya know!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Did you notice an absence of liberalism by chance?

What makes you think it was a liberal? Last I checked conservatives have a habit of power tripping over misunderstood ordinances too. Most HOA's for example, which ultimately lobby for these ordinances drift towards being conservative since home owners tend to be more conservative.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I don't always agree with you...

But when I do, it's beautiful.

This has all sorts of shady all over it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join