It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Very First Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My earliest memory in life is of me investigating a conspiracy theory. It was December and I was four years old. I know that age to be true because I started preschool at five and I recall referencing that conspiracy when I was told I'd soon be attending. I found it strange that I'd spend my life never being sent away from home, and suddenly my parents aggreed that it was necessary, without having ever consulted me. I knew that they'd lied to me a year earlier, and that their explanations were equally vague and illogical then. Would you believe these people had the audacity to tell me that a fat man shimmied down every chimney in the world in a single night? That in a single sleigh he carried enough toys for every child on Earth? That his sleigh was propelled by raindeer with the ability to fly? That those toys were for some reason produced exclusively by people of short stature?

I knew this was extremely improbable. I reasoned that my parents had bought those toys, just as they had bought me the others, but I couldn't understand why they'd give credit to a man who presumably didn't exist. I questioned my mother, yet not my father, as one dared not question their father in those days without good reason. Her answers were unsatistfactory and suspicious themselves, subtly threatening that a lack of faith in the matter could result in no more presents from the fat man. I wondered if she'd been coerced into telling me these things just as she attempted to manipulate me into believing them.

I reasoned that toys come from stores, not elves, and I'd seen enough toys on store shelves to know they come in packaging. I searched the house without any luck, and then turned my sights to the garage. There was a box baring an image identical to the toy firetruck Santa was alleged to have brought me, and in it was a reciept baring the logo of Target. Bingo. I immediately called an emergency meeting at the dinner table, which my sister declined to attend on account of "shut up I'm on the phone" and my father only agreed to attend remotely from his lazyboy in the livingroom. My mother's explanation was again unsatisfactory, and my father's sole input came in the form of snores muffled by the sounds of a football game on the television. In that moment I knew there was something very wrong in the world.

My first "real" conspiracy came in the form of TWA Flight 800. I walked into the living room and again found my father posted to his lazyboy in front of the television. I noticed that he didn't appear to noticed my entrace into the room, which was unusual for that old Vietnam veteran. He didn't like to be surprised, and he never took approaches for granted. He always at least glanced, and if you woke him from his sleep you got a thorough visual inspection. Yet he was so captivated by the television that he didn't seem to notice me. Not only that, but he was stroking his beard thoughtfully.

The newsman said a plane had crashed in New York, and that multiple witnesses reported seeing it struck by a missile. He said that an investigator submitted suspicious parts of the wreckage to men of science to investigate, and they'd found evidence of explosives. He went on to inform us of the subsequent arrest of that investigator, because the government hadn't given him permission to submit those components for analysis. The government said he thus stole those ruined parts. It then went on to say that there was no missile - the fuel tank randomly sparked and exploded.

I watched my father's eyebrows raise in that moment, and I simultaneously understood that multiple witnesses said they'd seen a missile, multiple scientists said they found evidence of a missile, and one government says there was no missile, yet arrested one of its own investigators for providing evidence that there was. I knew there was a missile, and I knew it was probably the government's missile. In that moment I knew there was something very wrong with the government.

So, what was your first conspiracy? What was your first "real" conspiracy?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Navarro

My first conspiracy is John Titor, a man who claimed to be a time traveler from 2036. Sadly while his story is interesting, there's massive evidence showing that he is nothing more than hoax.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The suspected murder of weapons inspector Dr David Kelly , too many inconsistencies to not raise suspicions.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

My first conspiracy is John Titor, a man who claimed to be a time traveler from 2036. Sadly while his story is interesting, there's massive evidence showing that he is nothing more than hoax.

Really? I remember reading on him in, I believe, 1999 or 2000, and then again in 2001 on account of recalling him saying something about missing skyscrapers in New York City. I was under the impression that he'd never be debunked simply for the fact that, you know, "this is a different worldline, and that's why things didn't turn out the way they were predicted."

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'd like to say I did like you and busted Santa. However I just simply didn't care that much. Fat Dude brought toys and there was a tree and cookies and TOYS! YAY!!

My first inkling I was being duped was having read way too much science fiction as a tot and arguing with a friend in 5th grade that our space program was appalling junk! We went right to booster's to propel our butts, instead of developing REAL engines that could do the same thing? WTF???? Why use a slingshot instead of developing a Ford?
For little kids I think we had an outstanding conversation.

After that it was Black helicopters and Cattle Mutilations.
Think that dates me! LOL!!

We grew up knowing Hoover's shenanagans, JFK was a cover-up and the Govt lied as necessary,

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The suspected murder of weapons inspector Dr David Kelly , too many inconsistencies to not raise suspicions.

Fascinating; I've never heard of this. It seems pretty clear-cut though, simple and instinctively obvious, and so I can certainly understand how it managed to kindle that first spark of wakefulness in you.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The conspiracy of adults to fill my young mind with bullsh!t.
I was highly suspicious of tales of tooth-fairies, Easter bunnies, Santa Claus, and the whole religion thing by the time I was 5 years old.
I set a trap one Christmas eve...two coffee cans filled with marbles connected by a string. One on top of the fridge and one on the kitchen counter.
I stayed up late waiting for "Santa" to set it off.
About midnight I hear a loud bang and my dad yelling "You little bastard!"
I ran from my room to the kitchen and see my dad picking himself up from the marble covered floor and wrapped gifts scattered about.
I believe it was at this point I developed a strong distrust of authority and official stories.
Why would my parents lie to me?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Chillcot inquiry is out soon,i wonder if it could shed new light on the death of Dr Kelly?

Maybe not in the report its self but there is sure to be a media furor around its release and renewed investigative work by the media looking into the lead up to the war.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I'd like to say I did like you and busted Santa. However I just simply didn't care that much. Fat Dude brought toys and there was a tree and cookies and TOYS! YAY!!

My first inkling I was being duped was having read way too much science fiction as a tot and arguing with a friend in 5th grade that our space program was appalling junk! We went right to booster's to propel our butts, instead of developing REAL engines that could do the same thing? WTF???? Why use a slingshot instead of developing a Ford?
For little kids I think we had an outstanding conversation.

After that it was Black helicopters and Cattle Mutilations.
Think that dates me! LOL!!

We grew up knowing Hoover's shenanagans, JFK was a cover-up and the Govt lied as necessary,

It surprises me that the JFK assassination didn't raise even more eyebrows than it did. Here you had a president who was warning America of "secret societies" and nefarious plots. He was constantly quoted as trashing the CIA, and saying they're trying to wrest control of the nation. He fired the CIA chief, citing his repeated failures to assassinate Castro. Then JFK's assassinated, followed by the assassin being assassinated, by a man who died shortly later, and who had CIA connections. Immediately afterward, Johnson placed that fired CIA chief in charge of the investigation. Which American had the best motive for killing Kennedy? The CIA chief in charge of finding out who killed Kennedy. The CIA chief who was fired for incompetence at assassinating presidents. Allen Dulles.

That was a very patriotic time for America, and Kennedy was charismatic and popular. You'd think that, at least, Allen Dulles would be a household name. You'd think some federal officer somewhere would've come along and arrested Dulles. Hoover must've had absolutely complete control. Hoover and his FBI must've been on the same level as Himmler and his SS.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I was young,about 13 ,14.

Cant really remember the details but i saw a Alex Jones bohemian grove documentary ,oddly enough it was aired on channel 4 in the UK.

I remember seeing photographs of old president sitting with future presidents and i knew then that the whole system was rigged.

I was never able to get that out of my head from an early age.

The whole system is fixed,the governments of the world are essentially private members clubs.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thebabyseagull

I doubt Chillcot will shed any new light on what happened to David Kelly but as you say it will open the debate once more , with Blair expected to be heavily criticised I expectantly await the reports publication.

I don't know who sanctioned it but do still believe dark forces were behind David Kelly's death.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dont think anyone really buys the official story.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navarro
My earliest memory in life is of me investigating a conspiracy theory. It was December and I was four years old. I know that age to be true because I started preschool at five and I recall referencing that conspiracy when I was told I'd soon be attending. I found it strange that I'd spend my life never being sent away from home, and suddenly my parents aggreed that it was necessary, without having ever consulted me. I knew that they'd lied to me a year earlier, and that their explanations were equally vague and illogical then. Would you believe these people had the audacity to tell me that a fat man shimmied down every chimney in the world in a single night? That in a single sleigh he carried enough toys for every child on Earth? That his sleigh was propelled by raindeer with the ability to fly? That those toys were for some reason produced exclusively by people of short stature?

I knew this was extremely improbable. I reasoned that my parents had bought those toys, just as they had bought me the others, but I couldn't understand why they'd give credit to a man who presumably didn't exist. I questioned my mother, yet not my father, as one dared not question their father in those days without good reason. Her answers were unsatistfactory and suspicious themselves, subtly threatening that a lack of faith in the matter could result in no more presents from the fat man. I wondered if she'd been coerced into telling me these things just as she attempted to manipulate me into believing them.

I reasoned that toys come from stores, not elves, and I'd seen enough toys on store shelves to know they come in packaging. I searched the house without any luck, and then turned my sights to the garage. There was a box baring an image identical to the toy firetruck Santa was alleged to have brought me, and in it was a reciept baring the logo of Target. Bingo. I immediately called an emergency meeting at the dinner table, which my sister declined to attend on account of "shut up I'm on the phone" and my father only agreed to attend remotely from his lazyboy in the livingroom. My mother's explanation was again unsatisfactory, and my father's sole input came in the form of snores muffled by the sounds of a football game on the television. In that moment I knew there was something very wrong in the world.

My first "real" conspiracy came in the form of TWA Flight 800. I walked into the living room and again found my father posted to his lazyboy in front of the television. I noticed that he didn't appear to noticed my entrace into the room, which was unusual for that old Vietnam veteran. He didn't like to be surprised, and he never took approaches for granted. He always at least glanced, and if you woke him from his sleep you got a thorough visual inspection. Yet he was so captivated by the television that he didn't seem to notice me. Not only that, but he was stroking his beard thoughtfully.

The newsman said a plane had crashed in New York, and that multiple witnesses reported seeing it struck by a missile. He said that an investigator submitted suspicious parts of the wreckage to men of science to investigate, and they'd found evidence of explosives. He went on to inform us of the subsequent arrest of that investigator, because the government hadn't given him permission to submit those components for analysis. The government said he thus stole those ruined parts. It then went on to say that there was no missile - the fuel tank randomly sparked and exploded.

I watched my father's eyebrows raise in that moment, and I simultaneously understood that multiple witnesses said they'd seen a missile, multiple scientists said they found evidence of a missile, and one government says there was no missile, yet arrested one of its own investigators for providing evidence that there was. I knew there was a missile, and I knew it was probably the government's missile. In that moment I knew there was something very wrong with the government.

So, what was your first conspiracy? What was your first "real" conspiracy?

Love the Santa story. I knew all along Santa was made up, my poor sister used to hide to try and catch him but would always fall asleep.

History class - I absolutely couldn't stand that I was being force fed stories as truths that were questionable at best!

Once I was searching for a Book on ufos and got a disturbing response from the sales clerk - he actually said to me "NO we do not have that book and we will NEVER have that book". Like I just asked him to hand over all the cash - albeit maybe he was just weird.

I actually believe most cover-ups are for the greater good. Military secrets and such! The general population couldn't handle certain knowledge very well!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebabyseagull

I remember seeing photographs of old president sitting with future presidents and i knew then that the whole system was rigged.

It's interesting how one can instinctively know a thing like that. Statistically, your first guess is usually the correct answer. Yet later down the road we find ourselves requiring more refined theories. We need arguments to support our instincts. Sometimes we even need a debunker-proof, airtight case that seems like it's better suited for a court room than an internet forum.

I remember the 2004 Bush vs Kerry election. I remember all those Florida ballots being found tossed into rivers. I remember that Florida's governor was Jeb Bush, George Bush's brother. I remember all the cries of election fraud for various reasons, particularly in Florida. I remember that it was a close race.

I knew it happened. It was obvious. I didn't need concrete proof. All I needed was Jeb Bush, just before the election, to tighten registration rules in favor of the Republicans by ridding themselves of a group of voters who were likely to vote Democrat. I didn't even need any of the harder evidence. The situation was clear. Yet, I certainly wouldn't start a thread that way, let alone a debate.
edit on 28-5-2016 by Navarro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
Love the Santa story. I knew all along Santa was made up, my poor sister used to hide to try and catch him but would always fall asleep.

History class - I absolutely couldn't stand that I was being force fed stories as truths that were questionable at best!

Once I was searching for a Book on ufos and got a disturbing response from the sales clerk - he actually said to me "NO we do not have that book and we will NEVER have that book". Like I just asked him to hand over all the cash - albeit maybe he was just weird.

I actually believe most cover-ups are for the greater good. Military secrets and such! The general population couldn't handle certain knowledge very well!

Well I appreciate that you appreciated my story. Maybe I'll turn that story into a book and profit off the theory. Might have to start making appearances on the Santa conspiracy circuit at all the local elementary schools. I can see the children now, chanting "Santa is an inside job!" Seems to be the thing to do.

As far as coverups being for the greater good, it's well that you and I's opinions of things don't matter on account of the fact that regardless of what we believe, nothing will change. Otherwise, I'd have to tell you "you're wrong," then expand that sentiment into about seven paragraphs.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well I am the resistance in the Matrix after all

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Seriously though, the day my friend brought me to the woods to see "the plane crash" made me realize there was more going on than most people realize.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: KTemplar

Seriously though, the day my friend brought me to the woods to see "the plane crash" made me realize there was more going on than most people realize.

Interesting. What'd you see?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Two beings or one thing and one being, one flew out of the woods to distract me; when I turned to move the other was 2 inches from my face, it was gray. No recollection after that and don't remember seeing any craft at all.

I felt tricked into going there

edit on 28-5-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What really intrigued me was 9/11. At 20 years old I thought to myself, how do 3 buildings fall from 2 planes?

Since then I wish 9/11 never happened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join