It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Trump 'Endorsement'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Another pop-culture icon endorses Donald Trump.

www.nydailynews.com...

The article is basically commentary, summarizing a write-up in Vanity Fair. Shkreli goes into his reasons for supporting Trump. None of which are logical or rational, IMHO. And not unexpected from Shkreli, either.

My opinion...I feel like I need a bath.
My knee-jerk reaction is to want to form my own country and enforce strict prohibition of anything related to reality TV, hedge funds, pharma companies, and politics.

What says ATS?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So you want to prohibit politics but you posted YET ANOTHER political thread,,,,,hmm all I can say is GO TRUMP !

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CantStandIt

The Trump train rolls on. Choo choo!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

Yeah, that's why I feel like I need a bath, lol. I feel like I jumped into the mud with both feet, but couldn't help myself!

Did you check out Mr. Shkreli's reasons for supporting Trump? Curious about your thoughts on that.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The funny part is, Shkreli donated to Bernie Sanders.

‘Pharma Bro’ Shkreli endorses Trump, even though he already backed Sanders

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Shkreli, who is currently awaiting trial for securities fraud, said later that “all you people who don't like trump are jealous, stupid and poor! don't make me laugh!”

If this is the way he conducts himself, I can see why Trump is his guy. This sounds like something Trump would say.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Which, apparently, Bernie donated to charity! Hahaha

I don't have a good reason for this, but I like Shkreli. After watching a ton of his live chat videos, I don't think he is as bad as guy as he let's on. It's all shock value for him. He reminds me of my friends who act like obnoxious children on Xbox live just for the sake of pissing people off.

For some reason, in his case, I find it endearing. Counterintuitive, I know, but I don't think he really supports Trump more than he is trying to rile people up. I was surprised to hear he donated to Bernie but when you get to know own Shkreli a little better than how he is portrayed in the media, it starts to make a little more sense. Not a lot but a little. =)

I think this Trump endorsement is just his way of getting kicks. I don't find it particularly funny but to each their own.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Nothing funny about dropping a loser and going with a winner, it's just common sense.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

Nice addition, thank you!

I guess that puts Mr. Shkreli in the 'Anyone But Hillary' camp. Can't say I fault him for that.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Shkreli, who is currently awaiting trial for securities fraud, said later that “all you people who don't like trump are jealous, stupid and poor! don't make me laugh!”

If this is the way he conducts himself, I can see why Trump is his guy. This sounds like something Trump would say.

He does conduct himself as such but I don't think Trump is actually his guy.

Shkreli, for whatever reasons or insecurities he has, likes to stir the pot just for the sake of. This makes him an asshole, sure. But I think the tweet in question is trolling.

Of course, I don't know Shkreli personally. This is just based from watching hours and hours of his live chats with ALL SORTS of people. Such a guilty pleasure of mine, I feel so dirty admitting it!

I find it entertaining but in no way should this guy be taken seriously. You can never tell if the nonsense he is spouting is even really his opinion.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Indeed!!

Nice avatar, btw!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: atomish

He does conduct himself as such but I don't think Trump is actually his guy.

Shkreli, for whatever reasons or insecurities he has, likes to stir the pot just for the sake of. This makes him an asshole, sure. But I think the tweet in question is trolling.

Of course, I don't know Shkreli personally. This is just based from watching hours and hours of his live chats with ALL SORTS of people. Such a guilty pleasure of mine, I feel so dirty admitting it!

I find it entertaining but in no way should this guy be taken seriously. You can never tell if the nonsense he is spouting is even really his opinion.

That's another thing him and Trump have in common. Trump is trolling the Right Wing with his candidacy.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: atomish

And good on Bernie for putting ... his? ... Shkreli's? .... money where his mouth is.

You may be right, he may be riling people up for kicks. I can't get past his 'business model' enough to find him entertaining in the least.

OTOH, he didn't invent that game.... just carried it to its illogical extreme.

My Granny was right... the world really is going to hell in a handcart.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Right, 'cause that's the most important thing. Pay no mind to whether the candidate can/will actually do what they say.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, keep 'em coming :-)

I need to step away and tend to the real world for a bit. Back later!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

That's another thing him and Trump have in common. Trump is trolling the Right Wing with his candidacy.

Hahaha can't argue with that, I'm not sure you're wrong.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt
a reply to: atomish

And good on Bernie for putting ... his? ... Shkreli's? .... money where his mouth is.

You may be right, he may be riling people up for kicks. I can't get past his 'business model' enough to find him entertaining in the least.

OTOH, he didn't invent that game.... just carried it to its illogical extreme.

My Granny was right... the world really is going to hell in a handcart.

I'd say hell yes, good on Bernie for not accepting that money! Shkreli seems to run directly counterpoint to what Sanders stands for.

On the point about his business model, while it may seem disagreeable, when you listen to his chats with others and his explanations, his true feelings seem to shine through. He really does seem to think he is increasing the ability for more effective cures to be researched and for access to be increased.

I know, it sounds counterintuitive when you compare it to his quotes in the media. And I can't say that I know his true intentions and I'm certainly no expert in that field. Shkreli does, however, present extremely logical and compelling reasons for his position.

So once I am home on my computer, I'll find some of the videos I feel highlight my point above for your reference. That will do his stance more justice than I ever could explaining it second-hand and I certainly don't expect you to take my word for it.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CantStandIt

My opinion...I feel like I need a bath.
My knee-jerk reaction is to want to form my own country and enforce strict prohibition of anything related to reality TV, hedge funds, pharma companies, and politics.

What says ATS?

Possibly you feel the need to take a bath because you are dirty?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Savage.

new topics

top topics

join