It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a transgender roommate...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Would you make him or her relieve themselves out back in the brush behind the dumpsters of your apartment complex or could you possibly share the same bathroom? I'm just wondering how far the confusion goes and how you handle these things if it were to enter your living quarters. I find it interesting that we have our own little room for a toilet which any guest can use if it is in our home, but having a private stall is not good enough if it is outside of the home. I'm trying to understand the anti transgender bathroom people without considering them as hateful towards a group of people.

Also, to the anti transgender bathroom people, if somehow by the good graces found deep within your heart you allowed a transgender to use the bathroom in your home would it make you uncomfortable enough that you'd be forced to use a surface cleaner such as Lysol to remove any "taint" post urea excretion?

Let's back it up a little. Would you ever even be able to handle having a transgender roommate? My guess is no which is very telling about how the issue goes way deeper than bathrooms. I don't want to make any assumptions though and I should hear you out.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Let's back it up a little. Would you ever even be able to handle having a transgender roommate? My guess is no which is very telling about how the issue goes way deeper than bathrooms. I don't want to make any assumptions though and I should hear you out.

😒 She'd better not be borrowing my sweaters....she'd be stretching them out at the bust😱 One thing I've noticed is that when men become women, often their breasts are bigger, they wear more makeup.....

No bathroom issues though...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

In college I liked with both male, female and one Drag Queen roommates in places with just one barroom.
I cant see now any difference with a transgender roommate.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think I'd be able to walk around the house naked then.
Since he/she has been there done that and seen everything by then.
I could just let it all hang out finally.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
In college I liked with both male, female and one Drag Queen roommates in places with just one barroom.
I cant see now any difference with a transgender roommate.

I never would have made it if there were only one barroom. I needs to get my drink on.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I find it interesting that we have our own little room for a toilet which any guest can use if it is in our home, but having a private stall is not good enough if it is outside of the home. I'm trying to understand the anti transgender bathroom people without considering them as hateful towards a group of people.

It's not simply about haters and tg-phobes.
There is a valid argument against transgender public restrooms. Male perverts and pedophiles of every sort can follow young girls into the restroom. Sadly, there's no shortage of these creeps. It's already happening. It's making the news. Most rational people would agree that a 40 year-old man shouldn't share a restroom with a young girl.
Don't you agree?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

Party on!!

Topic.....

Yes....out in the back in the brush behind the dumpster with everyone else.
edit on 28-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I thought the issue was sharing bathrooms with the potential opposite gender? A home with a private bathroom really isn't the same thing to me since I am usually the only one in the bathroom at my house... I think it's a poor analogy.

I did have a roommate that came out as gay right after he moved out of the house... I was fine with it after I burnt the couch and bleach bombed the bathroom/shower ..
I took tips from Ace Venturas reaction to the finkle/einhorn debacle..

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The bathroom is not an issue so long as they don't leave residue. Same standards I'd require from anyone.

What I want to know 'is can they cook?' 'are they clean ad tidy' and 'who can I look forward to falling over in the morning' if they had a night on the tiles.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It wouldn't bother me if they had a dick or not just as long they didn't act like a dick. Roommates don't walk around with their boobs or bits hanging out do they?

Playing crap music, burning lentils and poor hygiene would be bigger issues imo

I've never lived anywhere that had a urinal so all bathrooms are multi-sex/unisex or whatever phrase is acceptable these days.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

A simple solution where no decisions afterwards are required: don't use the facilities at the same time. Poof - problem solved.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: error

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Precisely. No big deal.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is just silly. Using your logic, there is no difference between getting in a strangers car and your roommates car. And it's not about whether being transgender is right or wrong, normal or abnormal, it's about the breakdown of conservative values and catering to a small minority of people who care nothing about those already in effect.

Should I go to a steakhouse and complain that they don't support my vegetarian lifestyle? Transgender people should stop being whiny babies and just use the bathroom that coincides with the gender on their birth certificate. There is nothing to gain by blurring the male/female aspect of society.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I actually lived with a trans person for a few years. Not only that, but that individual and another individual who happens to be trans as well, often visit with us, staying the night on the odd occasion even now. We do not have any special bathroom rules here. No matter what body parts a visitor has, the rules are the same as they are for the rest of us. Always flush, aim for the water at the bottom and clean up after yourself.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Conservative values are dirt anyway.

Screw the little guy, accept corporate power, deny people the right to sexual, racial, and economic equality, and equality under the law, and for Gods sake, make sure every minority is chastised for their manner of being.

Conservativism is a disease.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

It's not simply about haters and tg-phobes.
There is a valid argument against transgender public restrooms. Male perverts and pedophiles of every sort can follow young girls into the restroom. Sadly, there's no shortage of these creeps. It's already happening. It's making the news. Most rational people would agree that a 40 year-old man shouldn't share a restroom with a young girl.
Don't you agree?

When I was a kid we were always warned about 'dirty old men' hanging around in public lavatories. Perverts have been around for a lot longer than these issues with transgender people using facilities.

How do we legislate against perverts using public loos? They need to pee too.

Perhaps we should have 'child only' facilities?

Also, let's give a thought to females who have partially transitioned to male. Might they not be in danger if they use male only bathrooms?

Honestly, I think private and gender-neutral loos would be desirable. A lot of people feel inhibited in public facilities so they'd be a good thing for everyone. Also, having bathroom attendants would do a lot to alleviate the worry about all this.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
As long as they didn't s#it with the door open like my missus does.. The filthy animal.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
As long as they didn't s#it with the door open like my missus does.. The filthy animal.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Conservativism is a disease.

Oh really now.

Just for that I am gonna sneeze on ya.

Achu!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
I'm trying to understand the anti transgender bathroom people without considering them as hateful towards a group of people.

Good luck with that.

I have shared a bathroom with people of the opposite gender all my life. Ever since we had our first bathroom installed in our old farmhouse in 1960, I have shared the bathroom with men and boys, whether they be family, friends, or later, roommates, or just acquaintances, gay, straight or trans... So, I'm afraid I can't help you see the anti-trans group as anything but hateful and scared about something they don't understand or want to understand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join