It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Asian Commercial Washes Black Guy Into An Asian guy #SJW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

hahaha

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well I think that harping about slavery does nothing to help anyone. This victim mentality that is being forced onto the black community is holding them back, and the liberal white people that are perpetrating this are doing a major disservice to the world. If I were a black man, I would be so angry with the way people on the left treat black people.

"Oh you aren't good enough, here you need affirmative action."
"You are so oppressed, here is some special grant money for schooling."

The white guilt meme is getting old. Why don't you help people by preaching that they can do and have whatever they want if they apply themselves. There is nothing holding anyone back at this time in history, and continuing to push this myth of black oppression is really hurting race relations in this country.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Gotta love the trolls these days, an african american in the 60 couldn't even use the same drinking fountain as whites, so stop pretending nobody alive was a victim of the good old american boyz, we get it you guys cant openly be bigots so you troll people that get offended, its ok put your big boy pants and tell us how you really feel.

Gotta love comparing roman times to 150 years ago or even 50 years ago.

The best part is these right wing snowflakes complain that liberal snowflakes complain.

edit on 26-5-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian
Tiger moms and sick math skills...
That's what they say about..black people, right..?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are you surprised? Asians get a pass on racism.. I like it, Chinese people should stick to their guns and continue to view themselves as superior. I don't see the big problem, it's better than adopting the weakness of Western models limited by political expediency. Hell, maybe the Chinese are superior after all. Or maybe I just fell in love with this Chinese nationalist woman for a bit. Our love was doomed from the start, she would never disappoint her ancestors by diluting the purity of her bloodline by miscegenation. A fragile but intellectual flower she was.. with a burning almost legendary hate for Jews.

Eh..
Speaking of Jews.
You know.. if they want to talk about Hollywood, how about some of these coward chumps start petitioning for quotas to diversify the Jewish monopoly.. Not gonna hold my breathe for that one.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but the first few comments are very telling, some "SJW haters" assuming that "SJW's" are going to be offended without any evidence of such a thing even happening.

It's almost as if they HOPE people get offended by it so that they can point and laugh about their perceived insecurities.

You guys are grabbing your pitchforks and matches and waiting for something that hasn't even happened yet. LOL! Stop being such special snowflakes.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It is funny how they consider people getting mad or disagreeing with something being 'triggered' but then do the same thing.

They have become the SJW's that fight the SJW's

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'd say they have an even worse case of SJW-syndrome by the fact they get triggered over things that haven't even happened yet, such as droves of people being offended over this video. It hasn't even happened and they're offended that it "may" happen. Lol.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Have you ever thought that maybe some white people have something to be guilty about?

Why do people always criticize human beings who want to be considerate to other people who have historical disadvantages?

When did this become an evil thing?

The poor white man is so oppressed with guilt..so oppressed with criticism isn't that terrible

The poor thing...poor baby

Give me a break

edit on 26-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Such a big problem in so many peoples lives…political correctness and what they now call SJW’s running amuck.

I imagine thousands are committing suicide their so oppressed with such burdens…hey?

Give me a break

Sure people are jumping out of windows because of political correctness and the acts of SJW’S

Give me a break

I say God bless the SJW’s WHITE abolitionists who fought and died for the freedom of black slaves

May god bless them!

I say God bless the SJW’s who saved thousands of Jewish lives when the Nazis were coming after them to kill them

We need more SJW’S in the world not less

People need to be encouraged to be SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIORS
I say God bless them

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
racism is alive and strong in the usa..if you dont see it prehaps you should take off your blinders.
edit on 26-5-2016 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
im a 50 yr old white man..i see the victimization of minorities all the time.... racial slurs often and diresion and dirty looks too. its gotten a little clandestine but anyone that doesnt see it should take their heads out of the sand you have to be a complete idiot or a racist to not see it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

“This is blatant racism. Likewise, this goes to show that whites aren’t the only prejudices in the world.” (YouTube user comment)

This is good - the main stream media outlets are spouting a nine-year old ad as racism and the snowflakes are in meltdown with their comments about their feelings - everyone they don't like is Hitler.

LOL - I SWEAR, the comments section(s) of the YT vid and other articles are bloody hilarious - they've all come out of the woodwork!!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Gotta love the trolls these days, an african american in the 60 couldn't even use the same drinking fountain as whites, so stop pretending nobody alive was a victim of the good old american boyz, we get it you guys cant openly be bigots so you troll people that get offended, its ok put your big boy pants and tell us how you really feel.

Gotta love comparing roman times to 150 years ago or even 50 years ago.

The best part is these right wing snowflakes complain that liberal snowflakes complain.

This post strikes me as quite racist.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
hAHAH THATS HILARIOUS, THANKS FOR THE LAUGH.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My 2 cents.
I live in the Philippines. It is a country made up of many different ethnicities, but most all are genetically darker skinned than not(the sun is intense here).

Here there is a huge desire to be whiter, not really western white, but silky white like Koreans(so, the whitest skin an Asian can be). It is a race and class stigma that will not ever be avoided here.

There is a huge extremely popular following of Korean programming on television depicting the same stereotype in the first commercial in the OP..a silky white handsome Asian. Many of the most popular Pinoy celebrities here are of mixed blood(mostly western) and their noses are more pointy, not flatter and they are fair skinned. These are the "looks" that every one see as desirable, daily on television. This is their cultural ideal of beauty. Not far off of western media practices of showing darker toned, fit, petite/muscular stereotypes in western countries.(like the U.S.) And similar to the Tanning salon/spray tan popularity in the U.S.

To be dark here means; You are poor(and your ancestors were too) and have to work in the sun. The upper class strives to be out of the sunlight, they can afford not to be exposed to sunlight in their lives. The poor however cannot, and are constantly reminded of it.

Almost all the females rich or poor always use umbrellas to shade from the sun to avoid being too dark.(the umbrella sales here is insane) The males (mostly the poorer working class) all wear removable roll up sleeves(like a fake tattooed sleeve) when in the sunlight, even cover their faces and neck with a second T-shirt to avoid the sun regardless of the sweltering heat.(it makes me sweat more just looking at them.) I am sure there is a component of not wanting UV exposure(skin cancer), but UV and pigment are intertwined by nature. And I have asked them why do they wear the sleeves, they all respond "I don't want to be dark".

There is a enormous market for whitening products, almost anything/everything that can be applied to the skin has a whitening "feature". I have problems finding soap without whitener included. They all want to be whiter and more acceptable to the upper(whiter) class of Filipinos and the world. In their eyes "whiter" means more opportunity.
The service class workers have a far greater chance at employment(by the upper class) at either major restaurants, hotels, resorts, or even into private service IF they are not too dark skinned. These establishments prefer the lighter skinned for employment because there are to appear to be more "western" and not native, regardless of skill. It's all for appearances to not offend. And as a bonus, if hired by one of these businesses you get to work out of the sunlight and possibly with air conditioning.

Families will gladly accept either Chinese, Korean and even western white partners, to whiten their bloodline. Beside lightening their future bloodline, it gives them an opportunity outside of this country to support the family.

But there is a sizeable portion of the population living in the outer provinces(where i live) that do not care at all of their pigmentation, they just accept it and go about their lives. It also has to do with local regions not interacting with the upper crust. These people live more into the rural areas/jungles mostly are farmers or construction. So they have no interest in acceptance elsewhere or anybody. They just want to earn their livelihood, and accept their lot.

There is more to this darker vs. lighter skin stigma in the Philippines than what I just described. But basically how i see it, it's not really racism but more like darkism = poorism.

Frankly, I myself prefer the darker skinned look.

Oh don't think there is not racism here. They can be and are quite often racist. Especially with each other and among the differing cultures here. But I don't see it as a color issue, but more a ideology or ethnicity issue.

So the first commercial in the OP, to me is very confusing in the context of racism applied in SEA. It's more that they would prefer a silky white Korean K-pop star, over the darker muscle bound (lost for PC descriptors here) man. OR it could all be just a funny commercial to try to sell a product that makes clothes more white...
edit on 5/26/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2016 by jappee because: Comma, comma, comma chameleon...too many commas

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Asians hate black people like Caucasians hate black people. Y'all got major issues.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You know what's annoying??, not the C.M in of itself which maybe funny even if it have racial overtones, it the whiners who whine about SJWs because they took umbrage over what appears to insensitivity or an insult am sure many of you guys would complain about SJWs getting upset over people making monkey noises at soccer games as wanting P.C , every one have the right to offend others but those others have the right to react negatively to it including putting them on blast or boycott, and believe it or not sometimes the difference between a punch in the face or a friendly fist bump is awareness that a SJW made clear that a certain action may not be kool.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hahaha

Hahaha

Sure brought out the dead hahaha.

hey watch this one at 1:18

He slaps the black girl so hard the black comes off and she turns Asian.

Clearly Racist.

I clearly forgot the vid haha

edit on 27-5-2016 by Lysergic because: I gave your mother some social justice

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I actually thought the commercial was kinda funny...
Damn some people are so fragile these days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join