It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Asian Commercial Washes Black Guy Into An Asian guy #SJW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Winstonian

The double exists because Italians weren’t slaves for over 3 hundred years
Nor Asians

Context matters

this is the kind of comment that just blows me away and i mean with a BOOM.

I mean seriously your saying the common people of one the two corner stones of modern society have not been oppressed.
A. the average roman from the Roman empire period. ( i guess it must have just been all the black slaves they bought from Xerxes and the massive Persians empire.
B. Asians, and asians werent slaves, is this guy for real. dude slavery in China dates back to 221 BC and well still happens today if you include sweatshops child labour, hotbunking in factories and the sex trafficing industry.
not picking cotton.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Those are both pretty funny! I'd guess the changes are due to the product? Neither is at all racist. Anyone complaining about one better complain about both!

People need to lighten up. No pun intended.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I see your nineMSN article and raise my news.com.au article.

It's sad that SJWs waste so much of their energy being offended. Imagine if they used that energy more productively?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ok in all seriousness there is a reason why especially Black folk will have a negative reaction to some form of "racial" humor and why Willtell may have a point, such negative images and caricatures were introduced into Asia by Euro folks during and after slavery right down to the 60ts, Asians simply took it up and continued it where it took on a life all on it's own ,they may have not know the malicious intent back then but enough info is certainly known today so it is a calculated risk they are taking trying to be funny selling a product.

It started with black face which have a very dark origin no pun intended , I know it's easy for white folks and others to tee hee hee about it , but for black folks who know of it's history and intent it ain't no laughing matter, I am sure there are ways to polk fun at black folks where you don't get a WTF?? reaction and any push back resulting from that.
If needed I can post the history as to why.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

It's sad that SJWs waste so much of their energy being offended. Imagine if they used that energy more productively?

Note the dismissive attitude by Dark Ghost.. being more productive?? really?? it ain't got a damn thing about being productive or non productive.

Like I said have your moment laughing , but expect the blowback.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Note the dismissive attitude by Dark Ghost.. being more productive?? really?? it ain't got a damn thing about being productive or non productive.

Dismissive? Who do you think my reply was directed to? Maybe you should read over it again before jumping to conclusions...
edit on 27/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Dismissive? Who do you think my reply was directed to? Maybe you should read over it again before jumping to conclusions...

Were you not directing the above at so-called SJW for being offended?? and the need to use their time being more productive??..If I Er I retract my response if not then It stands.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ok in all seriousness there is a reason why especially Black folk will have a negative reaction to some form of "racial" humor and why Willtell may have a point, such negative images and caricatures were introduced into Asia by Euro folks during and after slavery right down to the 60ts, Asians simply took it up and continued it where it took on a life all on it's own ,they may have not know the malicious intent back then but enough info is certainly known today so it is a calculated risk they are taking trying to be funny selling a product.

Did you really just blame Europeans (which I suspect you conveniently chose to avoid saying "whites") for the behaviour of Asians? It's interesting, and rather convenient, how all negative behaviour done by non-whites can be attributed in some way to whites.

It started with black face which have a very dark origin no pun intended , I know it's easy for white folks and others to tee hee hee about it , but for black folks who know of it's history and intent it ain't no laughing matter, I am sure there are ways to polk fun at black folks where you don't get a WTF?? reaction and any push back resulting from that.

I doubt most black people would even be offended by the advert. SJWs (which are made up in great numbers by white people) on the other hand...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Were you not directing the above at so-called SJW for being offended?? and the need to use their time being more productive??..If I Er I retract my response if not then It stands.

SJW is NOT interchangeable with [insert minority group here]. In fact, a large percentage of SJWs (in the West at least) are white. To see people that make up minority groups offended is not funny, to see non-targeted people offended on their behalf is. That is one of the chief criticisms of SJWs: they take great offence on behalf of others that actually did suffer.

Edit: I'm not talking about acknowledging or supporting those who suffered, but being offended on their behalf is ridiculous.

edit on 27/5/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Blazing Saddles" could never be made now.

Django Unchained.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

27 tweets since yesterday most just websites promoting their articles... it's an SJW epidemic!
edit on 5/27/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sremmos80

You guys didn't know? These threads exist for the anti-PC brigade to all come in and pat each other on the back about how non pc they are and how they don't get triggered over things. To hell if there is no one to make fun, SJW's need to be laughed at dammit! Low hanging fruit and all that.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The key word in my previous reply was "begins" — just in case you missed it...

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sure, it's easier to deflect away from the main question asked in the opening post (why is the advert presented first considered racist while the one presented second is not) and instead attempt to attack the credibility of anybody who questions SJWs in their quest for thought crimes to be made a reality.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Like I said. Low hanging fruit. Manufacture some outrage over two anecdotes and you get all the people itching to be outraged over sjw's jumping over themselves to put their zingers in. Other forums call that trolling.

edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Maybe you ought to refresh your understanding of the word "trolling", because it does not fall under the definition you just described.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Whatever you say there guy. Make sure you check under your bed at night. Make sure there aren't any SJW's hiding under the bed ready to jump out and get you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Did you really just blame Europeans (which I suspect you conveniently chose to avoid saying "whites") for the behaviour of Asians? It's interesting, and rather convenient, how all negative behaviour done by non-whites can be attributed in some way to whites.

I doubt most black people would even be offended by the advert. SJWs (which are made up in great numbers by white people) on the other hand...

I should have said Whites but yes in this case those caricatures was introduced by White folks,especially American businessmen selling their products or at times making a racist political statement.
eg:

The Black faced imagery came over with Commodore Perry.

This one is directed at Filipinos during the era of American conquest and occupation they were often referred to as Nig...the effect of which caused a number of African American servicemen to switch and go over to the rebel side .

Another factor which weighed on the minds of the black soldiers was the white American racism towards the Filipino people. They were widely and openly called “'n-word's” and belittled as “savages”; the use of the word “gugu” was not a term of endearment, and seems to be the antecedent for the term of contempt used in Vietnam: gook. As one astute black American noted, the whites had brought Jim Crow to the Philippines; he and many other blacks who did not desert, nevertheless had some understanding of those who did. Indeed, the same soldier, Sgt. Major John W Calloway, was later prosecuted by the Americans after they raided the Manila house of a suspected insurrecto, Tomas Consumji, and found a letter from Calloway in which he expressed sympathy for the Filipinos and stated his opinion that it was an immoral war. The American military hierarchy were becoming increasingly worried that the black troops were too close to the Filipinos. Bonsal commented “While the white soldiers, unfortunately, got on badly with the natives, the black soldiers got on much too well…they became united with the tenderest of ties…many observant officers expressed the view…that the negro soldiers were in closer sympathy with the aims of the native population than they were with those of their white leaders and the policy of the United States.”
www.blackagendareport.com...

Speaking of SJWs and taking a stand, there are times when in an all Blk company someone would make a racist remark of the "other" who maybe white or not, while some may laugh uncomfortably , I am not built like I gonna put them in check, when it would have been easy for me to go along just to get along, so I thank all those "SWJs" who call stuff out when it's not about their group whatever that is...note I do not want a world where we can't laugh and poke fun at one another and ourselves I do not want to live in a Nanny state or Nanny world, but strike a balance when necessary.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If needed I can post the history as to why.

They obviously aren't able to connect the dots as to why blacks would be outraged. I chalk it up as ignorance.

I'm generally not overly sensitive about racial things, but when I saw that first commercial, I was like WTF? Any black person with any rudimentary knowledge of the past racial history here in America as well as Asian and European racism would immediately see that advertisement in that context even if the ad was not intended to be offensive.

However, I cannot see how the first ad was not meant to be offensive. If the point was that the product cleans well, why not just have the black guy emerging clean and buffed like the black guy in the second video? Why did the black guy have to turn into the asian guy? I surprised the black actor even allowed himself to be exploited this way.

In the second video, not being able to connect the offensiveness of referring to blacks at coloured also shows ignorance. It wasn't quite as bad, but definitely offensive.

Sometimes people simply do not understand how a minority can find something offensive because they do not have the same frame of reference.

I recall a Ford car advertisement several years ago that I couldn't believe made it out of their marketing department. It was an ad with Tyson Beckford driving a red Ford convertible. He then comes across some hot girl driving a yellow Ford convertible. He is oggling the car and the girl and is like says, "High Yellow". The problem with the ad was that the female model was a light skinned or red boned girl as we like to say. The phrase "High Yellow" has a specific meaning in the black community, particularly the south and harkens back to how lighter skinned blacks could be viewed as more attractive and treated differently. To make matters worse, this ad was run on BET.

When I saw this ad I could not believe no one stopped this ad from coming out. Sure enough, they caught some flak and it quickly disappeared from the airwaves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join