It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Silence Over Christian Genocide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So with all the back and forth about this and that and right and left religion this and that and gender this and that something really bothers me....

The dead silence over the Christian Genocide and the lack of response from the West.

I also have to wonder.... what's the agenda at play here, whats the objective... is the objective to further use Muslims or Transgenders to continue to drive bigger wedges between the American people to continue the banking and industrial empires stranglehold on American/ world politics... to me that seems the most logical. However feel free to throw out your own ideas.

John Kerry: ISIS responsible for genocide

"My purpose here today is to assert in my judgment, (ISIS) is responsible for genocide against groups in areas under its control including Yazidis, Christians and Shiite Muslims," he said, during a news conference at the State Department.

At least someone is finally stepping up to the plate and saying something about this genocide and its not just Christians. Now for whatever reasons the media has been basically silent on this issue and its not part of any national conversation and I don't know why.

Do the Obama conspiracies actually hold weight?

Assyrian Holocaust

From 1843 to 1945, the Turks, Kurds, Arabs and Persians committed genocides against the Assyrian nation and other Christian peoples in Asia Minor [Middle East].

Oh but wait, this isn't a new development this has been happening for hundreds of years.

These international human rights violations were crimes against humanity and served as examples for future atrocities of this manner against the Jewish people in Europe. In these genocides, 750,000 indigenous Christian Assyrians living in their ancestral homelands (known today as the republics of Turkey, Syria, Iraq, and Iran), including 1½ million Christian Armenians and 300,000 Hellenes were burned, slaughtered, and shot systematically.

Not only has this been happening for hundreds of years but it has happened to millions of people! Yet... the west doesn't acknowledge its existence. Now I personally know a few Iraqi Christian Assyrian refugees whos families fled Iraq 20 years ago from persecution for being Assyrian Christians and this is a very real phenomenon, but apparently they are Christians so who cares?

Now I'm really getting tired of people speaking out about injustice and safe spaces and how sensitive they are or how we shouldn't be examing whats going on in the Middle East for the last few decades or whats happening with the Radicalization of Islamic sects and the rapidly growing Terrorist organizations perpetrating these genocides against these Christian and Shiite Muslim groups but theres something going on.

It's about time damn we set aside this idiotic left vs right paradigm, this protectionist mindset or this ultra liberal ideology of having protected classes and we look at cold hard reality and figure out what the hell is really going on here.

What's the agenda and who's in control?

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

"Genocide of Christians", You clearly forgot/ignore how many muslims ISIS has killed?

Muslims Are the VICTIMS of “Between 82 and 97% of Terrorism-Related Fatalities”: US Government
www.globalresearch.ca...

They kill everything and everyone that doesn't agree with them. So that includes muslims/Christians/Jews... The whole f* world!
edit on EThursdayAmerica/Chicago2016-05-26T15:29:23-05:0031Thu, 26 May 2016 15:29:23 -0500292016-05-26T15:29:23-05:00MayAmerica/Chicago by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Those are the Christians who don't bow to the Pope. Historically they are marked for extermination.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
So with all the back and forth about this and that and right and left religion this and that and gender this and that something really bothers me....

The dead silence over the Christian Genocide and the lack of response from the West.

I also have to wonder.... what's the agenda at play here, whats the objective... is the objective to further use Muslims or Transgenders to continue to drive bigger wedges between the American people to continue the banking and industrial empires stranglehold on American/ world politics... to me that seems the most logical. However feel free to throw out your own ideas.

John Kerry: ISIS responsible for genocide

"My purpose here today is to assert in my judgment, (ISIS) is responsible for genocide against groups in areas under its control including Yazidis, Christians and Shiite Muslims," he said, during a news conference at the State Department.

At least someone is finally stepping up to the plate and saying something about this genocide and its not just Christians. Now for whatever reasons the media has been basically silent on this issue and its not part of any national conversation and I don't know why.

Do the Obama conspiracies actually hold weight?

Assyrian Holocaust

From 1843 to 1945, the Turks, Kurds, Arabs and Persians committed genocides against the Assyrian nation and other Christian peoples in Asia Minor [Middle East].

Oh but wait, this isn't a new development this has been happening for hundreds of years.

These international human rights violations were crimes against humanity and served as examples for future atrocities of this manner against the Jewish people in Europe. In these genocides, 750,000 indigenous Christian Assyrians living in their ancestral homelands (known today as the republics of Turkey, Syria, Iraq, and Iran), including 1½ million Christian Armenians and 300,000 Hellenes were burned, slaughtered, and shot systematically.

Not only has this been happening for hundreds of years but it has happened to millions of people! Yet... the west doesn't acknowledge its existence. Now I personally know a few Iraqi Christian Assyrian refugees whos families fled Iraq 20 years ago from persecution for being Assyrian Christians and this is a very real phenomenon, but apparently they are Christians so who cares?

Now I'm really getting tired of people speaking out about injustice and safe spaces and how sensitive they are or how we shouldn't be examing whats going on in the Middle East for the last few decades or whats happening with the Radicalization of Islamic sects and the rapidly growing Terrorist organizations perpetrating these genocides against these Christian and Shiite Muslim groups but theres something going on.

It's about time damn we set aside this idiotic left vs right paradigm, this protectionist mindset or this ultra liberal ideology of having protected classes and we look at cold hard reality and figure out what the hell is really going on here.

What's the agenda and who's in control?

What Christian genocide?

Seems to me this OP serves to rant and push an political stance.

This would be better suited for the rant forum.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

After years of watching christians demonize minorities, I've become apathetic to your political interest.

There are causes that need help, but I'd rather fight for the persecuted than their christian persecutors.
edit on 26-5-2016 by ReprobateRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

The genocide of Christians in Muslim lands has been going on for longer than ISIS has been around, Just because an extremist is not a part of ISIS, doesn't mean he is not an extremist.

There are literally millions of Muslim extremists who are not in ISIS.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

What Christian genocide?

Seems to me this OP serves to rant and push an political stance.

This would be better suited for the rant forum.

Yep, and also maybe find better news sources...

Al Jazeera

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Christians tend to be a minority in the Areas that ISIS has occupied, but I remember seeing a number of articles about Christians being displaced by ISIS. It's not like people are unaware of the plight of christians under ISIS, they've been targeting anyone who isn't their particular brand of Sunni Islam.

I get that, as a Christian, you want to see more focus brought to the plight of your brethren, but ISIS is happening to everyone over there.

What sort of response do you think is warranted?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Oh... you didn't actually read anything I post did you?

Also just an FYI we already all know that Muslims Reba ing to flee the area by the millions...

Just saying...

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Isis is responsible for Muslim genocide.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere

None of the people responding even read anything.

Totally ignorant...

Further proving my poi t.

Auto correct really sucks
edit on 5/26/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Did you read anything I post?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Christian genocide. Muslim genocide.

Howzabout we just call it genocide. Why the necessity of differentiating?

Is one somehow lesser, or greater, than the other? Innocents are being slaughtered, and that's all that should matter.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I'm just pointing out the obvious flaws in rhetoric.

Did you read my OP?

I'm safely assuming considering not a single person responding thus far actually quite and responded to any of the ideas present or any of the questions asked.

Just pointing that out for you guys.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is it me or is ATS full of people who only read and respond to thread titles or is there a reading comprehension problem

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Why yes, I did read it.

...and I've read other sources that most assuredly do mention the horrific events involving Christians. Now, are you going to spend the rest of this thread accusing people of not reading the thread, or actually discuss the events?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

How about you respond to the thread first and then we can talk about it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Swills

Did you read anything I post?

Not really, just kinda skimmed it. Isis is responsible for genocide of everyone and anyone in their path, Christians included but I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy to keep it quiet because what would be the point? When Isis murders Syrian Christians it's in the news but since Muslims dominate he region they are Isis number 1 victims.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ok read your thread. To me your main premise is why haven't the media been giving this the due attention it deserves, for some conspiracy.

You admit this has been going on for hundreds of years. Did you want the media to highlight this point every day for the last couple hundred years?

There is no agenda here. Media sources can't say "christians being killed" due to the backlash from the common knowledge that more muslims have died at their hands then anyone.

I personally see no issue whatsoever.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Come on. A lot of (not all) Christians thrive on persecution. When your main icon is a guy getting tortured, the worst thing that can happen is that everybody loves Christians and it's all a wonderful happy Christian world. Most of the old saints were tortured for their beliefs. In some parts of the world they still self-flagellate when there's nobody around to do it for them.

Persecution creates a real "us versus them" mentality, which goes hand-in-hand with the ludicrous logic of "if we weren't right, why would they care?" Of course, the real reason is not because Christians are right, it's because any religion that claims to know the real truth is automatically exclusionary, because it tells other people that they're wrong (and will burn in Hell, to boot). And Christians are notorious dicks that way.

Christians should be jumping for joy about being persecuted. It means their annoying religion is still somewhat relevant. Guess why nobody is persecuting people who believe in Zeus these days.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join