It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Clearly, very clearly there is a MASSIVE difference between lone Christian nutjobs using their faith as an excuse to murder innocent people and organized terrorist groups using Islam to convert easily influenced young minds in an organized fashion.

Is there? If it is so massive, how about explaining how a christian killing someone for his religion is different than a muslim killing someone for his religion? Last I checked, dead is dead.

There are no Christian organizations out there working on a large scale to recruit followers using their faith to commit acts of terrorism.

Yawnnnn.....

Yet Christian terrorist still manage to kill people in this country.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well then it looks like we have nothing further to say to each other.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SonOfThor

Of course not. Trump is just one of many, but since he is a rather large and in your face public face, he can reach a lot of people with his opinions. Thus his rhetoric can only be seen as harmful there.

Are you by any chance denying that trump has an effect on negative muslim opinions?

It's harmful when Obama says "the typical white person is racist" or that white people "lock their doors when black people walk by"? Is it harmful when Obama openly supports brown supremacist organizations like La Raza?

Post actual quotes of Obama saying those things, complete with sources.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It's being done in an organized fashion by larger groups of people where as the Christian guy is usually a lone but job.

There aren't organized Christian groups out there taking over countries and blowing up airports and shooting up theatres.

The difference is so unbelievably huge I can't even believe I have to explain it to you.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Omg Trump say Muslim bad me go kill Muslim herp derp

I kill Brown person durrrr

(post by Krazysh0t removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
First post here on ATS, been enjoying the content.

The problem I have with the OP and freedom of religion is that it can't be absolute. Do we tolerate Satanic cults that would sacrifice other humans? As a side note, I think we actually do but only because they stay hidden. But where do we draw the line?

Obviously, the idiots attacking someone at Starbucks are wrong and don't understand that most religious people are not 100% devout. Most 'religious' people cherry pick the things in their books that they will follow and ignore the rest. The so called "moderate" Muslims do this just as probably 95% of other religious people do. As someone who is non-religious, I could never understand this. Seems like one should be either all-in for their religion or walk away from it. Fear of death (and God) keeps most of them hanging on, going to church a few times a year etc.

It's also worth noting that only a few days after the Donald made those comments (and after San Bernadino), congress unanimously agreed to change some of the vetting rules for immigrants coming from countries where 100% devotion to Islam is highest. If Mr. Trump only would have added that same qualifier in his comment, it would be a distant memory.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Islam is chalk full of extremism and idiotic beliefs. However, giving into fear and stiring up the masses based on islamic extremism is a mistake we made in the past.

Instead of going full war-tard, like we did in Iraq; Trump's possible plan is for total isolation from that world and society.

It seems like two sides of the same coin.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Public Service Announcement!!

Civil political debate does not allow snarkiness, bickering, attacks on other members and the like:
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Please read the above and post responsibly.....
You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There is no valid or direct link between Donald Trump and a rise in Islamic hate crimes in the US. This should be in the HOAX bin.

You are referencing an opinion piece as the fact or truth. It is simply incorrect. You also do not want to acknowledge that the true religion who is hurt is the Jewish faith. over 60% of all hate crimes based on religion are against them. Last I checked they are not complaining. They simply hire armed guards for temple.

Obama talks about how his grandmother is a 'typical white person'. What is a typical white person? I mean, if I said typical black person I would be attacked as a racist.

or when his wife said

“Museums and concert halls,” she said, just don’t welcome non-white visitors – especially children – the way they welcome whites.
Michelle went on to explain just how museums aren’t for people who “look like her.” I can’t believe she said this:

“Museums and concert halls,” she said, just don’t welcome non-white visitors – especially children – the way they welcome whites. Michelle went on to explain just how museums aren’t for people who “look like her.” I can’t believe she said this: “You see, there are so many kids in this country who look at places like museums and concert halls and other cultural centers and they think to themselves, well, that’s not a place for me, for someone who looks like me, for someone who comes from my neighborhood. In fact, I guarantee you that right now, there are kids living less than a mile from here who would never in a million years dream that they would be welcome in this museum. “And growing up on the South Side of Chicago, I was one of those kids myself. So I know that feeling of not belonging in a place like this. And today, as first lady, I know how that feeling limits the horizons of far too many of our young people. via BizPacReview Read more: www.thepoliticalinsider.com...

That is creating a divide. This is from a sitting POTUS about the women who raised him and the first lady. How could she in this century say In fact, I guarantee you that right now, there are kids living less than a mile from here who would never in a million years dream that they would be welcome in this museum.

These statements are causing a divide and I am sure, in many cases, hate crime against blacks or whites because they are perpetuating a stereotype.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Nothing except for wanting to ban admittance of Muslims into the country? That isn't anti-Muslim in your book? Lol no wonder you guys can't see anything wrong with this picture...

Wow... Let me get this straight. As it is the United States, and Europe have a policy of allowing into the country any Muslim "refugee" who claims he/she is from Syria, even though it has been shown the majority of them are not from Syria and don't even have any documents to prove from where they are from. Yes, for now the U.S. is taking in less, but the Obama administration has stated they will continue increasing the numbers of Muslim refugees allowed into the country.

Remember the news about large quantities of passports being found thrown throughout the migration routes?

Heck, there have been real Syrians who have spoken about this.

How many are genuine? As Europe locks down its borders, eye witnesses claim fewer than a third of refugees who have made it to Germany are Syrian – and some are even ISIS infiltrators

Refugees who are fleeing areas of Syria torn apart by war say they are being joined by thousands of imposters
Desperate refugees claim as many as seven in every ten migrants heading to Europe are lying about their past
The relentless flow of migrants has overwhelmed the EU mainland, with Germany temporarily shutting its borders with Austria, Slovakia and Holland pledging tighter border controls and Hungary completing a razor-wire fence

By Special Report By Sue Reid In Berlin

Published: 17:30 EST, 15 September 2015 | Updated: 18:37 EST, 15 September 2015

Chain-smoking outside a coffee bar in Germany’s capital, young Syrian Mohammad Al-Abaan bangs his hand loudly on the table as three teenage girls walk past in Islamic robes.

Look at them!’ he says.They pretend to be migrants from my country, but they lie. Their skin is blacker than ours. I know they are Arab-speaking Muslims from Sudan in Africa. Every day, more Africans, Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranians, Lebanese, and lots of others, slip through the door opened by Germany to us Syrians.

These are strong words, particularly as Mohammad has only just set foot in Europe himself, arriving in Berlin a week ago by train from Hungary with his friend Ismail Gannom.

They are civil engineering graduates, both 25 and from middle-class families, who fled Syria to escape military service in President Bashar Al-Assad’s army as it wages a civil war against rebels, including Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

Heck...

Syrian Citizen Boldly Denounces Fake Refugees and Western Manipulation

www.youtube.com...

Again, why aren't Muslim countries opening their arms to these Muslim refugees?...

You know, some of the riches oil Muslim countries claim "they don't have the resources"... Give me a break...

Also, perhaps the change of minds in people have to do with what has been happening in European countries such as Germany, and in several German cities over new Year's Eve?...

BTW, does anyone remember this?...

There is a big difference between "being against all Muslims" and trying to stop the open border policies allowing anyone who claims to be Syrian into the U.S. or Europe. But of course, people in the far left have to claim that anyone who tries to stop this insanity of allowing anyone and everyone without verifying who they are "is Islamophobic"...

edit on 27-5-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

No, I simply stated that your OP is biased and disingenuous.

You literally are the reason I support Trump. He makes people freak out and act crazy. Maybe you view it as bad, but I don't, nor do millions of people.

But of course, all Trump supporters are redneck nazi lovers.

So what do you do when the majority of voters elect him? Run from all the fascist ameri-nazis'?

Well don't go to Canada!

*Clap*

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

What they are doing in Germany and France, and knowing that they are also entering our borders to obviously do the same, and the fact that their clerics, as well as many muslims in the street, profess that they will make sure to kill as many American's as possible...might have something to do with everyone's hate of them

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm trying to find a list of these 'hate crimes' so that we separate a snowflake's hurt feelings (bacon on doorknowbs) and people burning down their own mosques (yes it has happened) from bona fide crimes.

No luck so far. Do you have them?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: C8H10N4O2

It's fun watching the left squirm.

Trump has yet to publicly say anything anti-Muslim. He simply believes in stricter screening for immigrants whether they come from a muslin country or any other country... Funny actually, the majority of voting Americans agree with him!

I agree. The only tactic the politically Correct people have, is that if you don't agree with them 100%, they automatically assume you're racist. This happened to me on ATS once, and I had to call the BS out. This is what they're doing to Trump. He has a lot that I like, and there are policies that I hate...but he's not a racist, at least not in the eyes of the "clear thinking" public.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Yet Christian terrorist still manage to kill people in this country.

There is no such thing that exists. Christians by their very nature, are more docile and understanding. A "real" Christian would NEVER join a terrorist group that murders people. That is not what the Bible teaches at all. Those who (call themselves) Christians that do this...are NOT Christian at all. They call themselves that, so that real Christians will get the blame for their evil deeds. It seems to be working like a charm too.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Maybe....it has something to do with all the crappy things muslims are doing all over the world.
I could enumerate some of them if you like. My hatred of islam has nothing to do with Donald Trump.
islam did it all on its own.....decades ago

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

I think the effort put into marginally reducing the number of deaths to terrorism in a year exponentially becomes a waste the closer you try to bring that number to 0. At some point you have to recognize that not ALL terrorism is preventable. There has to be a point where you recognize that some deaths will happen and trying to make that death count into 0 is the height of excessive paranoia.

THAT'S my point. At not time am I saying that one life is worth more than another. I am merely considering things like logistics, freedoms that must be surrendered, cost, and other objective facets that WILL be effected negatively as we marginally reduce this death count.

Conservatives like to go on and on about reality and rake liberals over the coals for being idealistic, but there is nothing more idealistic and naive than pretending like you can reduce a death count for some sort of danger to 0.

You must be good with death panels, right?

The point of diminishing return, it's not worth the money to spend on an old lady?

Can't fix them all so someone has to be at the bottom of the totem pole.

It's BS that you can't make a dent in the 10-20 deaths a year from terrorists in the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join