It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect: Intentional or unintentional?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've learned that two Bible verses that I grew up with have apparently been changed in the King James Bible (the translation of the Bible that I used to study every day).

Matthew 7:1

Isaiah 11:6

It's not a slip of my memory. Things like that become ingrained in people's souls. This thread is for Mandela Effect believers. How do you see the Mandela Effect? Is it intentionally caused by a sentient force or is it happening naturally and randomly (unintentionally)?

Either way, it has to shatter most Mandela Effect believer's worldviews.

If you believe it's intentional, please state whether you believe it's being done by a human or a non-human force.

Whether you believe it's intentional or unintentional, please state if you have a theory for how it may work.

As of now, I have no opinion either way because I see no evidence on which to make a judgment. However, I find the prospect that it's unintentional to be the more frightening possibility. Why?

If the Mandela Effect is a sign that the universe is naturally breaking down, the process seems to be spreading (based on how Mandela Effect 'glitches' appear to be increasing in number all the time). If that's the case, could it get to the point where one of us could be wiped from existence one day? Then, if it progressed, could the entire human race be wiped from existence one day?
edit on 25-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Could be we are reaching the end of the program and things are starting to unravel? I don't know. Reminds me of fringe. I guess we will know when buildings diasapear.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Read the blog of the lady who coined the term "mandella effect" and see the glaringly obvious rubbish it all is.

She even uses posts from people who swear they saw a tv show about a father who died, came back to life and when eating food said "this tastes like dirt", but the show could not be found ever again, as evidence.

But it's still there. On youtube even. People with bad memories are the "mandella effect" not anything else.

you don't remember a thing from it's first impression. You remember it from the last time you remembered it.

All of this is gah, silly and annoying, really.

I'm sure ATS was never like this lol

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

It's speculation and though the most probabale answer is bad memory there is also other probabilities. The possibility of the multiverse is real. I think that with that being said there are so many things that could happen. Many people have experienced time slips which is another interesting phenomena.
edit on 25-5-2016 by Joecanada11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Parafitt

It's speculation and though the most probabale answer is bad memory there is also other probabilities.

I believe Occam's razor suggests that the "most probable answer is bad memory" theory is not a good theory at all.

Why?

If millions of people come forward to all report that they believe they've experienced the Mandela Effect for any particular thing; in order to believe that the "bad memory" theory is the answer you have to assume a faulty memory for every one of those millions of people.

That's millions of separate assumptions; it is not one assumption.

It is a very poor theory for that reason IMHO. I find it to be absurd and not even worth considering for that reason.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I agree and millions of people have shared similar memories. Even creating memories that don't apparently exist.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

I agree and millions of people have shared similar memories. Even creating memories that don't apparently exist.

You're claiming that they're "creating memories", that's purely theoretical.

The fact is, the "creating memories" theory is another theory that requires assumptions upon assumptions upon assumptions.

Adding assumptions does not get one closer to reality

As I stated in the thread linked to above, adding assumptions does not get one closer to reality. The problem with the Mandela Effect is that it takes assumptions to explain it.

I just wish people who were trying to "debunk" it would understand that the assumptions they're making are often just as unlikely as the assumptions Mandela Effect believers are making in their theories to explain the phenomenon.

The reason I've ignored the Mandela Effect up until now is because I think it's pointless to discuss because of all the assumptions people on both sides of the issue are making.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm guessing accident. Perhaps its a side effect from the experiments at CERN. Silly physicists playing with things they don't comprend.

As others have pointed out, the faulty memory explanation doesn't hold water for me because this many people can't be misremembering the exact same things.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
If you believe it's intentional, please state whether you believe it's being done by a human or a non-human force.

Whether you believe it's intentional or unintentional, please state if you have a theory for how it may work.

Intentional.

Multiple versions of Earth were created by the fallen watchers for safe-house reasons.

In other words, they are a version of this world to jump into when Gods angels catch up with them. Note: over the next 1010 years during the 1000 year reign of Christ Messiah, all of them will be terminated one by one.

This is why they are at war with God. They know where they are all going on Judgement Day.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Can you explain more one the bible qoutes?

The links will not work for me and you didn't explain the apparant differences.

Last night I had a can of pepsi, now I noticed something was different I remembered it as PEPSI, it used to be PEPSI vut they changed it to lower case early 90's. Kit Kat is used as an example for Mandela effect but if one looks at old adverts it was never Kit - Kat. I have a recording of a Chuck Norris video... Delta Force? Anyway on that recording it has adverts I remember strongly an uncle bens advert, had that song "I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight!" and a kit kat advert. Spelled Kit Kat. I guess what I'm saying is I have physical evidence we are in the same universe.

Unless every human and only every human has slipped timelines I cannot fathom the existance of this effect. Surely if things are moving it would be random and not so selective as to move only humans?

Everything points to bad memory and pareidolia.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

This is called Argumentum ad populum

I find the whole Mandella effect idea absurd, and I find the bad memory, and subsequent false memories, an extremely valid explanation.

There was an experiment conducted on people who visited Disneyland, they were surveyed a year later and got asked if they remember hugging Bugs Bunny. Over a third said yes...

edit on 25/5/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Things like that become ingrained in people's souls. This thread is for Mandela Effect believers

If that's the case, could it get to the point where one of us could be wiped from existence one day? Then, if it progressed, could the entire human race be wiped from existence one day

I am interested in knowing why you release about 1 thread a day averaging 2 posts per thread -

This thread back in Nov 2015 of yours - questioned
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do Christians really need the conspiracy theory genre?

If i may quote from it.

Rev 12:9 This is the verse that really proves that Christians don't need the conspiracy theory genre IMHO.

From this thread:

if it progressed, could the entire human race be wiped from existence one day?

Why worry, you know the answers, your faith is strong...isn't it? Hasn't god done this a few times already...rebuilding the earth?
If the Mandela effect is "the Universe breaking down" surely god wouldn't allow that would he?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Things like that become ingrained in people's souls. This thread is for Mandela Effect believers

If that's the case, could it get to the point where one of us could be wiped from existence one day? Then, if it progressed, could the entire human race be wiped from existence one day

I am interested in knowing why you release about 1 thread a day averaging 2 posts per thread -

This thread back in Nov 2015 of yours - questioned
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do Christians really need the conspiracy theory genre?

If i may quote from it.

Rev 12:9 This is the verse that really proves that Christians don't need the conspiracy theory genre IMHO.

From this thread:

if it progressed, could the entire human race be wiped from existence one day?

Why worry, you know the answers, your faith is strong...isn't it? Hasn't god done this a few times already...rebuilding the earth?
If the Mandela effect is "the Universe breaking down" surely god wouldn't allow that would he?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I'm not a Bible believer anymore. Because of your tone (not only in the post above but in another post you directed at me), I don't plan to reply to you again.

originally posted by: Chadwickus

This is called Argumentum ad populum

What is the Mandela Effect? First we have to define what it means. I just tried to find the definition and I found two different definitions.

The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines.
Did You Know There’s A Term For When You’re Totally Positive Something Happened Even Though It Didn’t?

"The phenomenon where a group of people discover that a global fact - one they feel they know to be true and have specific personal memories for - has apparently changed in the world around them."
Explanation for Spelling Changes of famous names and Brands..global consciousness

Which one of those definitions do you find to be "absurd"?

In the original post, I was referring to the second one.

I did not use the appeal to popularity fallacy to conclude that the Mandela Effect is true (going by the second definition above). The truth of the second definition is happening around us every day. That is undeniable.

I simply pointed out that Occam's razor suggests that the "bad memory" theory is a very poor theory. Since I didn't state that the "bad memory" theory is absolutely false, I could not possibly have used the appeal to popularity fallacy.

originally posted by: RAY1990

Can you explain more one the bible qoutes?

Yes the change happened sometime in the last 9 months. I am a playwright and was working on a play based on the verse from Isaiah 11:6 so I had been studying it and cross referencing lions and lambs in the Bible in preparing the allegory for my story. In fact I was going to use the verse as the title for the play. It altered to wolf and the theme of it laying with it has been completely removed now the wolf is going to dwell. It altered in all foreign translations of the Bible as well.
www.reddit.com...

One of my favorite quotes from the KJV of my bible was Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged." At least that is how I remembered it. However, after hearing it changed, I checked and sure enough KJV Matthew 7:1 now states: "Judge not, that you be not judged."
www.reddit.com...

originally posted by: RAY1990
Everything points to bad memory and pareidolia.

That is not true. Please watch the following video. I'll give you a synopsis:

A famous line from a famous movie was changed in the movie. However, there is evidence from other sources of the old line that people remember being correct. That is one example of your "Everything points to bad memory and pareidolia" statement being absolutely false.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think if we could ever talk about this without all the bad memory parrrots interupting and chiming in all over, we may one day get somewhere.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My opinion :

This reality is Simulated by an higher order.
Simulation is changing properties.
The effect is very recent.
The effect is getting more intense (but also fake ME effects made by people that want attention).

Conclusion : If the past can be altered , human history might be different than we believe it to be.
if the past can be altered , fundamental physics is not fundamental but also simulated.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
My opinion :

This reality is Simulated by an higher order.
Simulation is changing properties.
The effect is very recent.
The effect is getting more intense (but also fake ME effects made by people that want attention).

Conclusion : If the past can be altered , human history might be different than we believe it to be.
if the past can be altered , fundamental physics is not fundamental but also simulated.

I love this answer! A friend of mine told me the other day at the beach that he believes he can change the past....

I am afraid to try becuse I like the way my life is going right now.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I wouldn't try it either...

but if your friend is interested in this kind of stuff here is a link that might be usefull...

Egregore

However I wouldn't advise it (just because it doesn't feels right)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well, I blame God really.
He knew the Mandelay Affect would warp peoples minds....
Everyone knows it was the Bernsteen Bears.
Who could forget Leah Herbert Griswald shooting President Nixon in San Antonio from the Library Window.
Only the Mandelay Affect could change that.....
If only People would understand....its reel man!!!!

Thank goodness Star Wars is still the same, with Duke Skypilot and Obama One Kenobi, not to mention C4PEEU, and R3D3....
all is good.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Well, I blame God really.
He knew the Mandelay Affect would warp peoples minds....
Everyone knows it was the Bernsteen Bears.
Who could forget Leah Herbert Griswald shooting President Nixon in San Antonio from the Library Window.
Only the Mandelay Affect could change that.....
If only People would understand....its reel man!!!!

Thank goodness Star Wars is still the same, with Duke Skypilot and Obama One Kenobi, not to mention C4PEEU, and R3D3....
all is good.
lol..... 😃 ni e one.... hahhaha 😂

top topics

<<   2 >>

join