It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians really need the conspiracy theory genre?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The following verses make me question whether Christians really need the conspiracy theory genre.

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Doesn't that verse preclude looking for fault among current world leaders? The names and faces change but the situation is always the same, according to Ephesians 6:12. If you believe that verse is true, why even bother keeping tabs too closely on what the supposed "world leaders" are doing? Why bother reading conspiracy theories and forming conspiracy theories when you already know what the conspiracy is?

I would ask the same question of those who believe in the views of the world propagated by David Icke, Jordan Maxwell, and Michael Tsarion as well. Their worldviews are right in line with Ephesians 6:12. I would imagine that the vast majority of posters on this site have a worldview that's in line with Ephesians 6:12 (including myself) so I think this is an interesting point for all of us to consider.

Revelation 12:9

The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

This is the verse that really proves that Christians don't need the conspiracy theory genre IMHO. If you believe Revelation 12:9 then you already know where the conspiracy is coming from and who's responsible. I'm not saying not to follow world events but why look deeper than that when you already have the ultimate answer?

Matthew 4:1-11

Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

4 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

I believe Matthew 4:8-9 has basically the same message as Ephesians 6:12 and Revelation 12:9. It's just more evidence in case anyone is still on the fence on this issue.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You caught me of guard .. I'm not sure if your religious and pointing to the new world order conspiracy and one world currency as bible prophecy.

I have seen age of deceit and a few other that use examples of the times we live to match with bible prophecy
And tie in the UFO with demons or fallen angels.

So is that what your saying or is it that the church itself promotes these conspiracy to keep people believing in
Religion?

It's an interesting take I mean how far would the church or since we are talking about the New Testament Christians would go to continue to have people believe. Would they pay artist to use satanic signs, pay the movie industry for the same? I know I have heard of people saying that the way to stop a UFO Abduction event is by calling on the word of Jesus .

I never actually thought this could be a planned conspiracy by the church itself to constantly have people believing the bible. But the point you made about it always being that time, that leader I remember back when Reagan was president. He was also the anti Christ ... Wow if Obama slogan YES WE CAN backwards really sounds like thank you satan how much did the church donate to his campaign ...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Ok hang on...

Isn't this the same guy who told you to "submit to your rulers because they were appointed by god?

edit on 17-11-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

If anything that quote reveals the state of war presiding over the human soul. Christ's execution was very much a plot and a conspiracy.

I find Christianity too lay down and die passive, literally like a lamb to the slaughter. I would rather die as a lion than live as a sheep for the slaughter. Sorry Christ, but can't do that. It is too much to ask that we spend a whole life being treated like dirt and watch our abusers living it up in pleasure and luxury. Tonight something snapped in me forever! I'm not joking.

Conspiracy theory is a pretty old hat term. I refer to it as critical thinking and analysis. It is a process of gaining insight into matters by exploring from many sides. Every action has a motive and is a response of some sort. There are always consequences.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I'm still trying to figure out how someone takes a few sentences out of a book that is thousands of pages (depending on font and page size) and is making grandiose proclamations.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Aparently you're not that familiar with christianity

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We all know the section and threads are used as pulpits...

There are enough 'fellowship' sites that are devoted to discussion - without clagging ATS with sermons dressed up as discussion.

Å99
edit on 18-11-2015 by akushla99 because: Addddddd

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Aparently you're not that familiar with christianity

Actually, I was baptized by the Catholic Church during Easter Vigil 2011 (which was a remarkably wonderful ceremony and something that I will cherish for the rest of my life). My faith is very near and dear to me.

I would explain how disappointed I am that people cherry-pick lines from the Bible to prove fill-in-the-blank but I just don't have the words.

All I can come up with at the moment is... They should know better.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: akushla99
Do you want to ban the music, food, sport, TV, and auto forums as well?
The same logic applies in all those cases.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: akushla99
Do you want to ban the music, food, sport, TV, and auto forums as well?
The same logic applies in all those cases.

Don't wanna 'ban' anything DIS. I personally love the 'discussion' part of it...and I personally think, You do 'discuss'...but there are many that would be better in a site dedicated to nodding yes...and the music, food, sport and auto forums don't try by hook or by crook to 'convert' you.

You know exactly what I'm talking about DIS. If a hardline, committed christian is comfortable with thier understanding...what are they doing in the Religion, Faith and Theology section of a conspiracy site? There are many, many religions, faiths and theologies to discuss - but, for some reason, the predominant religion, faith or theology that gets 'discussed' (when it does) is christianity, to the exclusion (mostly) of any other.

Å99
edit on 18-11-2015 by akushla99 because: Addddddd

edit on 18-11-2015 by akushla99 because: Correct & addddddd

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
In answer to your question, I would have to say yes, somewhat, but not to the point of dogma.
For example; Joseph was given the knowledge by God of 7 years of abundance and 7 years of famine and he prepared accordingly. Not saying that this was a conspiracy theory at all. However, Joseph was given information and discernment and prepared accordingly, as a result, all or Egypt and the surrounding area was fed.
I believe Christians should have their eyes wide open to what is going on in the world and pray for discernment. God wants up to be wise.

Sgt Cursed

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Except even the most devoute seem to come up with one passage that will introduce an entire theology based on nothing but that verse...

Think hard on the "rapture" theory...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I see your point, but "cherry picking" implies drawing scriptures out of context. If you will check the scriptures the author used, he has not done this at all.

Respectfully,
Sgt Cursed

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
lets look at the question another way: do people in general need a conspiracy forum to discuss conspiracy hypotheses and/or theories concerning judaism? maybe not. is it their right to have one? absolutely.

top topics

join