It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage actually go public

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have often wondered this. Most certainly the ones that do go public end up on the cover of National Enquirer.

But considering the stigma that is attached, I have slways wondered if the actual numbers are greatly more than expected.

It is easy to say with certainty that many never report or go public with their sightings, experiences, or encounters.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Given the 3,000,000+ abducted . . . I'd say a HUGE majority are not reported to anyone.

Maybe less than 5% get reported.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
I have often wondered this. Most certainly the ones that do go public end up on the cover of National Enquirer.

But considering the stigma that is attached, I have slways wondered if the actual numbers are greatly more than expected.

It is easy to say with certainty that many never report or go public with their sightings, experiences, or encounters.

I agree and you raise a good point. When I think about the people in my life that have personal stories of anything UFO related, NONE of them have ever tried to "go public" to any journalist or authority.

Which also makes them more trustworthy in my humble opinion

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm sure there are plenty that go unreported for fear of ridicule.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A family friend of ours claims her and her hubby were abducted.
Other than her siblings and 2 close friends she didnt tell anyone.

I wrote a thread about it awhile ago
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The area that doesn't get abducted is in cities. They are more afraid of the population than people living in farms. Too much camera, too easily caught. Cities will be the last target if it was an invasion.
edit on 25-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
smirkley

I never report any of my experiences. What's the point? I realize that is a sort of defeatist attitude but that's the way it is. My experiences are my own and would likely dissolve the psyche of the average Earthling. Plus, I'm not even sure what it is I experienced.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

There was the at least one case . . . in NYC in view of the bridge . . . out the 13th floor or 17th floor, I forget which . . . through the window . . . And a UN Ambassador was stuck in his limo on or near the bridge and was evidently abducted, too, IIRC.

It was a famous case. I just forget the name of the book.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I was going to mention that and I too forget what book it was in. Very bizarre case!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I'd love to hear the details!

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Night Star

That's a lot of details. Suffice it to say one of my earliest memories is wondering why my mom had to pull over and cry it out when I told her about my "alien friends". 😓 this is pre-kindergarten.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I wonder how anyone could remember being abducted as alien tech would be so much more advanced than ours so surely they would get the dose of knockout chemicals right. Maybe they want to terrorise abductees or need them to remember parts of the abduction for some unknown reason

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Stan friedman tells a story that he has a test he uses every time he does a lecture. He asks the audience to raise their hands if they've seen a UFO and X-amount of hands go up right away. Then he asks how many have reported a sighting and it's fewer than 1 in 10. He uses that to say there are ten times more experiences than are being reported.

It's a fairly self-selecting sample! Nevertheless I reckon it's probably on the right side of things. I know, and have known, a lot of people who haven't reported what they say they saw. I suspect we'd be right down into single-figure percentages.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Interesting it was brought up as being a young child. My estimations are that is the majority of unreporteds.

I do not think that "aliens" really care if you remember or not. The mind can do wonders forgetting what may have been an unfathomable experience.
edit on 25-5-2016 by smirkley because: Mistake in redirect

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Assume worldwide 3M abductions. To be honest I'm more interested in the why and how. You dont need 3000000 people to conduct experiments. And if they so technically advanced (FTL and such) why in the first not contacting humanity officially ? In my opinion It just doesn't make sense to assume 'they' come from far far away. I'm more inclined to say they are another aspect of reality what humanity fails to understand.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I will mention ufo sightings here on ATS,and i've mentioned that i'm an abductee.That is as public as i am prepared to go-and its not even really going public,we use avatars and usernames here.I could be possibly traced to a mainstream site,which has nothing to do with news or conspiracies,it's a site for specific hobbies-again they will find a username that is not my real name.

South Africa is a small country,and i am not going to expose my children to ridicule by coming forward with ufo sightings or abductions using my real name.In the region where we live,we have met a few individuals who have also had ufo sightings,but they too will talk of it only to others who have had sightings.Such people tend to find each other,i think.I've also noticed that none of us are the very religious,prim+proper Stepford types that you mostly find around here.

We are lovers of nature,Very down to earth,slightly "off-beat" people,who are averse to authority and statism,and tend to not toe the party line.We are more quirky,eccentric,openminded and individualistic types of people.Not saying the Stepford types around here have never seen a ufo in this region but we don't consort with those types so i wouldn't know.

But ya i would not go public with our experiences and sure as heck not using my real identity.I mention it on this site because there's some interest in the subject here,there's a forum for it,and it's nice to chat about it with fellow sighters and experiencers.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I'd forgotten he did that.

Good points. Agreed.

BTW, I like Stanton. Have talked to him face to face at about 3-4 conferences.

I have ended up thinking he'd make a perfect . . . agent. He had sufficient clearances for his atomic engine work. One more could have easily been issued. His employment background would probably fit in quite workably.

He's a bit of a jovial, super bright, take-no-prisoners, witty curmudgeon.

About the 2nd or 3rd conference, after I'd asked him a string of somewhat atypical questions, he suddenly wanted to know my name. Something about the way he asked it--the focused intensity--seemed odd, to me--like it was more than curiosity about getting a name for a face. Maybe I was reading too much into it.

I almost felt that he hadn't really liked some of my last questions. And I hadn't liked his useless answers. Usually, his answers to questions were quite straightforward, meaty, logical etc. But I felt his answers to those questions were evasive, shallow--not typical for him.

The context was a break in the conference back by his book table.

I think he'd agree that the reportees are in the single digits.

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Stan friedman tells a story that he has a test he uses every time he does a lecture. He asks the audience to raise their hands if they've seen a UFO and X-amount of hands go up right away. Then he asks how many have reported a sighting and it's fewer than 1 in 10. He uses that to say there are ten times more experiences than are being reported.

It's a fairly self-selecting sample! Nevertheless I reckon it's probably on the right side of things. I know, and have known, a lot of people who haven't reported what they say they saw. I suspect we'd be right down into single-figure percentages.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

My belief is that they WANT the fear element to be remembered and remembered well--perhaps not precisely with pictures and words but at an emotional, visceral level--perhaps at least at an unconscious level.

I think that at least some of them FEED on the fear. And that at least they use and intend to later use in a bigger way--fear as a !!!CONTROL!!! mechanism.

Sometimes it gets in the way of their abusive manipulations of abductees and they have to calm them down before proceeding. But mostly, I think they want the abductees to end up with a chunk of fear.

Certainly there are cases where the abductees are treated more kindly, maybe healed of illnesses etc. And in such cases, fear seems to be at a minimum. Yet, it's never completely absent, imho. It may be masked. Or artificially removed. They seem to be able to chemically or technologically or with some sort of wave form trigger human feelings of love, warmth, affection even. But after that effect wears off, I think there's still some residual fear left.

Taking in the WHOLE of the phenomena, I think that fear is a major feature that they manipulate quite deliberately.

imho.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

IIRC, the 3,000,000 was in the USA alone. Maybe I don't recall correctly.

I've been challenged on this by a member who evidently chatted with Vallee for 4 hours and disagreed with my assertion. However, I've been reading again the 3 Vallee books I have . . . and I say again . . . Dr Jacques Vallee and J Allen Hynek both believed that the critters are evil spiritual entities from an evil spiritual DIMENSION and NOT from distant planets.

Dr Vallee came to that conclusion after 10 years of focused study of the phenomena.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Sounds very reasonable and wise, to me.

You might check out Guy Malone:

www.alienresistance.org...

if you want to stop such goings on in your life and the lives of your kids . . . if they are ongoing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join