It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change-Denier Donald Trump Is Worried Rising Seas Could Ruin His Golf Course

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Of interest, this popped up in my feed today, and all I could think was 'Oh, the Irony'

www.vanityfair.com...

Donald Trump wants to build another wall—but not the kind you might think. The presumptive G.O.P. presidential nominee is trying to put up a massive sea wall to save one of his many golf resorts from the threat of rising sea levels. It seems that the New York billionaire—who has in the past dubbed global warming “a total hoax”—believes in climate change when it suits his bottom line.

As reported by Politico, the Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland filed a permit application for a wall nearly two miles in length to prevent further coastal erosion caused by rising sea levels. The application references an environmental study conducted by the Irish government, but says the report does not go far enough in factoring in the effects of climate change. An environmental impact statement submitted by the resort argues that the rate of coastal erosion could be twice the rate presented in the report “as a result of global warming.”

Previously on Twitter, Trump has said;

ecowatch.com...

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull# has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice

Any and all weather events are used by the GLOBAL WARMING HOAXSTERS to justify higher taxes to save our planet! They don't believe it $$$$!

So what's the deal Donald? You don't believe in climate change except when it comes to protecting your business?

His own words are enlightening.

Of course, it wouldn’t surprise anyone to learn that Donald Trump might believe one thing in private and say another in public. Taking two stances on everything—what used to be known as flip-flopping, but has been ingeniously rebranded by Trump as being “flexible”—is a hallmark of his campaign. “Look, anything I say right now, I'm not the president, everything is a suggestion,” Trump argued earlier this month on Fox and Friends, recusing himself from the traditional hard work of having to stand for anything. “No matter what you say, it’s a suggestion.”

Irony much.
edit on 24-5-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This just makes me think...

How can Trump even be eligible to run with so many conflicts of interest going on?

Seriously, Is there an Obama golf course I can go to?

Presidential Tower I can go live in?

Business deals are forged on golf courses in America, how can we have PRIVATELY OWNED Presidential golf courses world wide?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hey Prepare for the worst, hope for the Best... it is something that is Yuge it will be Great....

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I cant believe people think this is a presidential run by tump. This was the modern era brand build. Once the dust settles and we reflect on this like rational individuals the ruse will be painfully apparent. Conflicts of interest are the dingleberries left over from a pile of other sht tump supporters refuse to address.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If Mr Trump does believe climate change is a hoax and if I was a US citizen and he does become POTUS then I would be expecting a full refund for the copius amount of "Carbon tax" that has been paid over the years that was setup to combat man made climate change from the use of fossil fuels.

RA

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The see levels have been rising and falling since the earth started spinning.

The political left has 1984ed the words "Climate Change" to mean CO2 climate change or man made climate change. The left's new definition of climate change, is what Trump doesn't believe in. Sun cycles, the earth's position in the universe as it spins around the galaxy, and so on. you know, the stuff the democrats cannot get money or power for.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
When it comes to Trump I said it before...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still do not think he is really real he intended for it to be a joke that went out of his control and way too far, Now he can not back out and has to see it though.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

The left's new definition of climate change, is what Trump doesn't believe in.
Then why did he say this:

This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull# has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice

twitter.com...
edit on 5/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Because he's playing on the early mistake people made of saying "global warming" instead of "climate change".

Also, because he's a pandering moron.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
There is global warming. And global warming causes changes in climates. Our planet is not freezing.

Pandering, yes. I'm undecided on moron.

edit on 5/24/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

What carbon taxes are we paying that we would need a refund from?

Also do that if the president says something that is the end of that and it must been seen as the end all be all truth?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wasn't the Grand Canyon carved out by a river?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   
is he going to make the fish pay for it?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Donald Trump simply believes in whatever suites his political agenda.

The Man is playing the people of the United States like a fiddle.

Someone wants to build a big wall around him, top it off with some wind turbines, which he loves so much(Not), and be done with the fool.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Looselungjones2

How is this any different than Congress/Senate owning stock in companies? How about The Clinton Foundation, which Hillary was involved with during her term in office? Hell, even Obama owns stock in gun companies. How is that not conflict of interest?
He's made himself rich with his anti gun policies ans scare tactics.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Wow, more anti-Trump hate.

Man made global warming = scam by TPTB for more control over you and any money you earn

Climate Change = natural part of the Earth's cycle (see previous ice ages/maunder minimum)

I'd protect my million dollar golf courses too.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Climate Change = natural part of the Earth's cycle (see previous ice ages/maunder minimum)

Setting aside the interpretation of the data, why did Trump say the world was getting cooler, when the data indicates it is getting warmer?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Any and all weather events are used by the GLOBAL WARMING HOAXSTERS to justify higher taxes to save our planet! They don't believe it $$$$!

Yeah well people.

That is Trumps critics 'solution' to save the planet.

TAXES.

Why is that ALL the climate change crowd does says 'There's a problem, We must do something',

And they NEVER say WHAT.

All those green REGULATIONS, and TAXES put people out of WORK that created WEALTH that creates revenue for the state.

That creates outsourcing to places like CHINA.

Who in turn has been building coal fired plants on a massive scale. While the US has been going 'green'.

Which in reality the only thing the church of climatology has accomplished thus far is make goods more expensive.,

Make energy costs more expensive, and outsourced pollution to OTHER countries.

Golf clap.

edit on 24-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
Wasn't the Grand Canyon carved out by a river?

Yeah

And the sea levels rose, and the planet went through numerous warming and cooling trends.

Long before the industrialization of man.

But they don't care.

Some people in this country still think they are the center of the universe.

My how some things never change.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"Why is that ALL the climate change crowd does says 'There's a problem, We must do something.

And they NEVER say WHAT."

Well short of humanity being able to acquire the skill of planetary engineering, what is there that can really be done?

Only real and temporary solution would be to relocate our city's and populations to much higher ground and even then that would do nothing regarding the destruction of farm land on most of our major floodplains which feed our people.
edit on 24-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join