It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence can no longer be measured

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

Don't be disrespecting the the differently enabled!

Just because we cannot fathom there IQ does not mean they wont become perfectly adequate indentured servants.

Leave our drones alone as all is going to plan.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: intrptr

Higher IQ is a function of how educated you are, right? In other words a homesteader from a hundred years ago was taught to hunt fish, trap game, skin and gut an animal, grow food, build shelter, make fire, clothing, weapons, tools, etc, etc.

A Harvard Nobel prize winner would die in that environment, how stupid he would look to that way back mountain man?

Considering that IQ is a measure of problem-solving skills and ability to understand logic. If you had both of these people being trained for the same purposes (e.g. building), which one do you expect to build a better shelter? The one who sucks at math, or simply memorizes formulas? Or is it the one who excels at math and understands its principles based on its logic rather than strict memorization?

If that nobel laureate doesn't know how to tie a fishhook, start a fire, or gut an animal without spoiling the meat, he's dead. I don't care if he is surrounded with wild game and 'gear'.

My dad was a Lockheed engineer, worked in Aerodynamics of reentry vehicles with the brightest minds in the business, he was stupid socially and family wise beyond belief. Would be lost in a dance hall, a bar and the woods.

He worked on nuclear weapons for the worlds most destructive megadeath corporation, he made sure the nuclear weapons hit their target more efficiently, how intelligent (or wise) is that?

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Interesting question about how intelligent was your dad doing his job.

My ponderings . . . on that . . .

1. Highly intelligent in terms of thought processes and skills. Very highly intelligent.

2. Working willingly for the ugly, satanic, deadly, treasonous . . . oligarchy doing massively homicidal work? . . . questionable . . . though how many other jobs are there? LOL.

Besides, he probably had little clue that the bosses he worked for are determined to reduce the global population down to 200-500 million.

What did you mean--he was super family wise? Sounds great.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Besides, he probably had little clue that the bosses he worked for are determined to reduce the global population down to 200-500 million.

I think that was before the Guide Stones and all that. He knew what he worked on. Specifically on the sub launched Polaris missile nose cone (the one with the funny nipple). Theres a news paper picture of him and other engineers testing a wooden model of it mounted on the family car… I think he still has the model and photo.

My dad worked on nukes…
I don't think he to this day has any misgivings whatsoever about it. I meant stupid family wise as well. Most hi level engineers are dysfunctional on some level, they spent their time figuring 'things' out, not people.

My dad was part of the slide rule generation, worked out orbital mechanics and reentry trajectories before modern computers. had the full on Space science look, crew cut, white ironed shirt, thin straight tie and lol, pencil pocket forest…

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

INDEED.

Science/engineer types rarely were very functional in relationships--at least not to a significant degree.

The best were merely ineffectual lumps socially and in relationships.

The worst were perfectionistic tyrants that intimidated, brow-beat, punished etc. those not measuring up to their prissy, tidy-boxed constructions on 'reality' as they saw and construed it.

You have my condolences.

I hope you've moved largely beyond such influences.

The ATTACHMENTS book by Drs Sibcy and Clinton might offer some useful stuff for you.

Cheers.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

In his defense he taught me everything I know about aircraft, space, etc. We went to all the Moffett Field air shows. Led me around to all the static displays of aircraft and described every aspect of them ad the flight demonstrations. Could point out any aircraft in the sky and identify it. Got that fascination from him about flight in and out of the atmosphere. He worked there at Moffett, Ames research center wind tunnel.

Very hush hush back in the day, couldn't actually describe his work, I only became aware later what all he was involved in, including stealth. To this day I use the information and experience he gave me to good use, especially here.

Thats how I know I sawer a thingy 'not from this world' on a remote mountain top in my Yoot, too.

But you're right, still have emotional scars from his 'upbringing' that I struggle with. I couldn't believe he would be able to do the things he did without some shred of conscience nipping at his heels. I concluded some time ago this is part of the characteristic of narcissists, inability to empathize with others.

How else could one work on nuclear weapons delivery systems?
edit on 24-5-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Motivations for one's choices are often complex.

He MUST have had serious attachment disorder due to his dad, too.

He probably never learned how to be a loving, firm, healthily affectionate man. He was probably desperately trying to please his Dad in his head--by ever more diligent perfectionism until the day he died--long after his dad had died.

I pray you can forgive him and let all the 'carp' go. Been working on mine 69 years. Mostly there. Neither one of my dads knew a lot better. Though both also knew the Bible to some degree and could see a different standard there--neither one could bring themselves to operate from that mentality, spirit, attitude. Their pride was toooooooo big a stumbling block--even when there was nothing of any consequence to be proud about.

Sigh.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

My husband worked at Lockheed for about 20 years before they out-sourced
his job.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Hmmmmmm

Any interesting bits of info at this point in time?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: zinc12

Don't be disrespecting the the differently enabled!

Just because we cannot fathom there IQ does not mean they wont become perfectly adequate indentured servants.

Leave our drones alone as all is going to plan.

Yep totally agree... intelligence is the ability to gain, understand, and harness 'abilities'... wrapped in awareness. The drones are trained to do, not to think.

Go play with your i-bauble little drone.... then they turn off the awareness. No abilities, save fingers flying around tic-tac keypads and now no awareness.

They want their peasants back.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thanks for the insight and openness. I really respect how you hang in there with it. I spent a lifetime trying to win acceptance from my father, he never got it from his. The problem with neglect, ignoring, and barely tolerating others is eventually they get the message and go away.

I turned out different than my father, kind of given up on trying to get him to see others point of view. For narcissists thats impossible. He'll never get it as long as he is alive… so I'm relegated to waiting till we meet over there, when all false hoods are swept away. Ever watch the movie, Breakfast Club?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The "emotionally intelligent" find themselves crying allot, sad movies, happy movies, the sight of a flower in a field, need to show affection and receives lots of hugs from others....camp gay men score highest in "emotional intelligence"

This type of intelligence is useful in dealing with people especially in care orientated environment where much empathy must be shown and tender hands, like massage therapist.

So basically we could call "emotional intelligence" a measure of femininity which is the reason females score higher then men.
edit on 26-5-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join