It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligence can no longer be measured

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Apparently a persons intelligence cant be estimated any more. The world has become so PC that stupid people no longer exist instead they have a very, very, very special type of intelligence!

Oh and btw it turns out this special type of intelligence they possess wont allow them to get into any University so now we will have to invent degrees for these people.

Obviously only special people will be able to recognise the value of these degrees, everyone else will think they are not worth the paper they are printed on.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

What in the hell are you talking about? Can you give some examples of this?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Is there a source that you can provide with the topic that you're trying to discuss?

As of right now I'm sure we're all completely unaware of what issue you're citing.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree with TechniXcality, I want a source!

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Let me see now what kind of nonsense have I heard of, emotional intelligence, social intelligence, empathetic intelligence, body awareness intelligence, creative intelligence, melody intelligence....anything but call the person thick basically!

link   

It is the definition of intelligence that may be changing. I would like to add, that IQ testing has always been a flawed measure of intelligence when used for adults.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

It's pretty obvious this has already been going on for the most part. Seems like every good kid, turning his life around who can't speak a lick of proper English is somehow shown in a graduation gown and cap. This is before they kill someone or are killed by the police. Whether you make up new diplomas/degrees or you hand out the old ones for nothing, it is the same difference.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 23-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Apparently a persons intelligence cant be estimated any more. The world has become so PC that stupid people no longer exist instead they have a very, very, very special type of intelligence!

Oh and btw it turns out this special type of intelligence they possess wont allow them to get into any University so now we will have to invent degrees for these people.

Obviously only special people will be able to recognise the value of these degrees, everyone else will think they are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Omg, this is so ridiculous lol. What is it Einstein said (possibly paraphrasing), "I know of two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. I'm just not sure about the universe."

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

It is the definition of intelligence that may be changing. I would like to add, that IQ testing has always been a flawed measure of intelligence when used for adults.

Has there ever been a person who scored high in an IQ test that was actually unintelligent?

Has there ever been a person who scored very low who actually turned out to be a genius ?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Obviously only special people will be able to recognize the value of these degrees, everyone else will think they are not worth the paper they are printed on.

Ding Ding!

Don't worry too much if you don't hail to the system and its machinations. Lots of people don't. Rather than spend all that time proving you're a good minion and will slave for the state as some cog in a corporation that produces more bombs or electronic eavesdropping devices, learn a skill you can take anywhere with you like welding, for instance.

Its only a trade but a very valuable one. At one time or another every farm or shop needs something welded back together.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine

Has there ever been a person who scored high in an IQ test that was actually unintelligent?

Has there ever been a person who scored very low who actually turned out to be a genius ?

Einstein used to forget to wear shoes when he went for a walk, in the winter time. Geniuses can freeze and starve just like the rest of us poor sods. Concern yourself more with wisdom, attaining that, than any measure of a hi IQ according to Hi standards.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Was there ever a person who had a very low IQ who turned out to be extremely wise ?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That's because the SJW' snowflakes are ####ing retards.

Cool rant.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Was there ever a person who had a very low IQ who turned out to be extremely wise ?

Wisdom is more about being given to know the right thing to do in the moment. IQ is a measure of "higher" learning as set forth by "civilization" . Math, physics, Engineering have more to do with building structures, roads, guns, satellites, etc., something wise men have little to do with.

link   
Describe relative positions of ovals originating from a real algebraic curve and as limit cycles of a polynomial vector field on the plan

-YEAH, thats what I thought smart guy

link   

What does intelligence have to do with getting a degree anyways? I know plenty of people with degrees that aren't that smart but their parents had money and they could study full time without worrying about paying bills.

I also know that emotional intelligence can get you a lot farther in social situations that IQ. If you can read people you can sell yourself but if you are only good at regurgitating knowledge it won't get you that far in social situations. Life is mainly social situation.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Wisdom is more about being given to know the right thing to do in the moment. IQ is a measure of "higher" learning as set forth by "civilization" . Math, physics, Engineering have more to do with building structures, roads, guns, satellites, etc., something wise men have little to do with.

So some of the wise philosophers of the past might have actually scored low in an IQ test if they sat one, Plato, Aristotle low IQ perhaps?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It's not how you process information, it's all about how much you can feel, and care.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Describe relative positions of ovals originating from a real algebraic curve and as limit cycles of a polynomial vector field on the plan

-YEAH, thats what I thought smart guy

Perhaps only smart to you?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's not how you process information, it's all about how much you can feel, and care.

Yes for sure the worlds problems will be solved using this new type of intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join