It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the voting scam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Make every single vote public. Yes public.

Without transparency you will never know the real result. And as we all suspect your vote probably does not count and hasn't for a very long time. You can think of every complicated scheme on the face of the earth trying to verify what the real result of our voting was. Making everybody's vote public allows verification and transparency. Groups across the nation could tally the votes and verify the outcome.

And delegates. Pffftttt.. Who needs somebody to tell us "Let the adults vote for you".

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Apollumi

It also allows for opposing parties to target each other individually.

Not a very good idea.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What voting are you specifically referring to?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There's enough intimidation as there is. You want the Black Panthers at your door because you did not vote for the politically correct candidate? Just axe the secret ballot and see it happen.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
Make every single vote public. Yes public.

Without transparency you will never know the real result. And as we all suspect your vote probably does not count and hasn't for a very long time. You can think of every complicated scheme on the face of the earth trying to verify what the real result of our voting was. Making everybody's vote public allows verification and transparency. Groups across the nation could tally the votes and verify the outcome.

And delegates. Pffftttt.. Who needs somebody to tell us "Let the adults vote for you".

have you done any research on why we have secret ballots?....

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I believe that it truly doesn't matter. Think about what the States have come to. People running now got this far. How corrupt does it have to be for this to continue?? Have to focus on another move , maybe trying to figure out what country to move to before # hits the fan!! haha.

To reply specifically to your post I agree. I think there will still be issues but it's better than what is going on now.

Onward and Upward!

"45qpwo"

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have to agree with you. But I think the state of our voting/voter registration is far more dire than many people do. I say this having dedicated years of research to the issue.

I'd like to say private exit polling might be sufficient to alert voters to any shenanigans, but i wouldn't trust even an independent poller with the job.

If everyone cast an open vote, no one is at more risk for retaliation than the next guy.

Also, there have been many dead people who have *ahem* cast votes -- Pia Farrenkopf (link) is one of them. I think the people deserve to know who dead people *vote* for.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 45qpwo

So you'd be happy with your details being attached to who you votes for? What if 10 burly guys voted the opposite and decided to track you down?

That's why having openly viewed voting is a stupid idea.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

^^^That for days!

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thank you for your reply,

Anyway you can expand on that question?,,,,not sure if I'm understanding correctly thanks again!

45qpwo

a reply to: TerryDon79

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
In any case... I don't think the public's votes matter either way...

45qpwo

edit on 23-5-2016 by 45qpwo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If your details are made public and who you voted for, you can be stalked/harassed by a person or people who disagree with you. That could potentially make you a target for hate crime based on your voting decisions.

Would you be happy with the above risk?

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 45qpwo
In any case... I don't think the public's votes matter either way...

45qpwo

That's not what's being brought up though.

If I knew my details were being made public about who I voted for, I wouldn't vote. Why? I've got a wife, daughter, dog and fish that I don't want harmed because someone doesn't agree with my choice.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You know..... I really don't think I would be okay with that haha

That is a good point! personal safety is important. So in that case you may just be right, looking at it from that perspective.

There really is not such thing as privacy anymore so really are we already there? As far as your personal opinions/privacy/safety.

45qpwo

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm glad you can look at it from another angle. Sometimes there really is 2 or more sides to an issue

Privacy, or lack of, with the government is one thing. Transparency with other people is another.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yep, the fear. Hard to dodge the fear isn't it. But if we are worried about burly guys or black panther's showing up at our door then we should already be worried. I think we did fine with getting over slavery and letting women vote. Or maybe I just have missed the plantations and women getting the beat down over voting.

Gotta do better than the fear tactic. I mean, if all we believe in is fear then we certainly deserve where we are heading. I think the most you'd have to fear is somebody's friend not talking to them because of how they voted. Right now though there are far greater things to fear.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I do not have a family, I am divorced but still believe I do not understand entirely the importance you mentioned(married with children) simply because I haven't experienced it. I believe I have a good grasp of the concept though. So from your stand point and that view of public voting, I would have to agree with you.

45qpwo

reply to: TerryDon79

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So you'd be happy with your details being attached to who you votes for? What if 10 burly guys voted the opposite and decided to track you down?

That's why having openly viewed voting is a stupid idea.

OK, then a system where people can choose to vote openly...or not.

I'd choose for my vote to be open. And I imagine enough other voters would feel the same to serve as a pretty accurate 'exit poll.'

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You're equation liberating slaves and women voting to transparent voting?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join